Prince Friso and Princess Mabel, Current Events 2 (September 2006 - September 2008)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder Where did Friso Know Mabel?

You mean how they were introduced and where?
In Brussels,Mabel was/is a friend of Princess Laurentien and they both lived in Brussels at the time.

Oh,sgl,about the speech,you can bet your last penny that the Princess did write that speech herself,she always does.
No-one dictates a word/syllable to her.:)

Last edited:
Today Princess Mabel is one of the speakers/participants at a seminar on EU - Russia relations of
the new think-tank European Council on Foreign Relations in The Hague today.

Mabel is in attendance in her capacity of Advocacy Director of the Open Society Institute.

Other participants,ao:

Martti Ahtisaari;UN Special Envoy for the Future Status Process for Kosovo and former President of Finland.

http://www.royalblog.nl

"News Summary",courtesy HJA.

Mr.Ahtisaari will be honoured with the Geuzenpening this thursday,Vlaardingen.
HM Queen Beatrix will be in attendance.

Yesterday Prince Friso and Princess Mabel were photographed at the Ritz hotel in London.

A picture here (rpbpress)

courtesy: prinses louise at ATR

HRH Princess Mabel is attending the symposium "From Okinawa to Toyako,Dealing with Communicable Diseases as Global Human Security Threats",Tokyo,may 23rd - 24th.

The sence of style..and to know inwardly what you feel good into...Actually I love to see people daring to dress like this...You may not like it or I may not like it..but it is coutour..just let it go.....

HRH Princess Mabel attended the annual AmsterdamDiner hosted by the Aids Foundation at the Heineken Music Hall.

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/ v/d Werf.

Oh. My. Lord. :eek: When will Mabel wear something normal to this event (who else remembers the Pucci nightmare of years past?)

Oh. My. Lord. :eek: When will Mabel wear something normal to this event (who else remembers the Pucci nightmare of years past?)

When she goes retro,she goes all the way.......can´t recall I last saw a hairdo like that either....in the 60´s,yes...l

ugghhh...it looks like someone has stapled a croissant to her head.

Well, considering the nature of the event and that Mabel is not a member of the royal house I do not mind her dressing up rather flamboyantly, she attended the event on her personal title, not on behalf of the royal house. The princess is certainly not one of my favourite royals but her dedication to some good causes is admirable, esp. as she lives in London, has a normal job and is not a member of the royal house (not to mention that she was involved even before she was a princess).

The event raised 800.000 euros btw, which is a record for the AmsterdamDiner. Text in Dutch here.

Last edited:
Pic 17.6.2008

Princess Mabel of Orange-Nassau attends the private view of
the Viktor and Rolf exhibition at the Barbican Art Gallery on
June 17, 2008 in London, England.

-----> Pic

IMHO She is one of these people who can spend money and still look like they picked their clothes at the Salvation Army bin.

-----> Pic

OMG, what was she thinking, Mabel always keeps surprising me, not in the most positive way I'm afraid!

IMHO She is one of these people who can spend money and still look like they picked their clothes at the Salvation Army bin.
haha, good one Odette, couldn't agree more!

:eek::w00t::cry::alien::yuk::bangin::excl::confused::sick::shock:
This IMO is the worst I have seen!

You have to remember that she is the "muze" of V and R.
But I agree, it is absolutely horrible:eek:

She has guts,gotta give her that,this doesn't look like salvation army material tho....they've never seen it there I was told,they refused it.

Well, she has managed to look like a Cone Head at the Aids event - made even worse by thet spangled Pucci outfit --- eeeeeek!
The she shows up in a burgundy potato sack with orange-red shoes!
I bet she thought that she was the height of fashion --- what a nightmare!
Mabel, get thee to a good stylist - and fast!

I agree with many of you! Mabel has looked hideous in the last several outings that we've seen her. She makes Maxima and Laurentien looked quite boring with her extravagant outfits! Someone please help her.

Here are two additional pics of Mabel with Viktor and Rolf themselves:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

is it just me or does that outfit look like a cross between a graduation gown and the cape/apron/smock that you wear when getting a haircut?

is it just me or does that outfit look like a cross between a graduation gown and the cape/apron/smock that you wear when getting a haircut?

I'm thinking of Nina Hagen in her heydays!!!!!:bang:

Princess Mabel was in Johannesburg for a meeting of 'The Elders' on July 16th and 17th. She met Nelson Mandela too, just a few days before his 90th birthday.

A picture here.

Courtesy: Jantine at ATR.

Princess Mabel was in Johannesburg for a meeting of 'The Elders' on July 16th and 17th. She met Nelson Mandela too, just a few days before his 90th birthday.

A picture here.

Courtesy: Jantine at ATR.

Very nice photo. Mabel does do a lot of good work, unfortunately, it is often overshadowed by her sometimes outrageous outfits. This photo is very nice, and it is good to see that Mabel looks a bit more normal.

-----> Pic

Oh for crying out loud! She looks like a cross between an 80's groupie, a mid-century school marm, and a gladiator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom