The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 04:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie
Call me mad, but I love that coat to bits!
I like it to, and combined with the leather boots it gives a very "confident-power-woman" signal, quite different from the "Pretty-Chanelesque-decent-housewife-outfits" many of the other Princesses wears.

Old 08-30-2006, 05:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
Thanks for the pics Maxie!

Mabel's so involved with AIDS, I wonder why she didn't attend the recent AIDS convention in Toronto? It seems like it would've been the perfect platform for her to bring her own experiences and knowledge to a global platform and to bend the ears of some pretty influential people.
Probably as she has a young baby, her second child would have been barely 8 weeks old at the time of the conference. Mabel did attend and was one of the speakers at the 2004 World AIDS conference in Bangkok.

Old 08-30-2006, 01:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_R
Thank you for those pictures Maxie! And no, I won't call you mad, I kinda liked it too... It has a "Beatles" feeling to it, but I like it.
Yes! A Beatles coat, that's exactly what it is!
*Starts searching for 'Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band'*

Update!
Here's a nice pic of Mabel giving her speech, from telegraaf.nl:

And some pics from www.anp-photo.com! For more, go there and search for 'Mabel Aids Vaccine' to see the rest!

Old 08-30-2006, 04:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
Thanks for the pics Maxie!

Mabel's so involved with AIDS, I wonder why she didn't attend the recent AIDS convention in Toronto? It seems like it would've been the perfect platform for her to bring her own experiences and knowledge to a global platform and to bend the ears of some pretty influential people.
Alexandria,the care for the children and the tedious schedule at the Toronto conference would have been to much to organise,moreover she was still recovering.
Old 09-02-2006, 04:20 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Mabel is busy these days! Together with prince Friso she attended a sponsor dinner for the AidsVaccine06 Congress to raise money for the cause. Next week we will see her (and Laurentien too) on the 10th anniversary of the prince Claus fund.

Pics are from PPE
For more, click here: http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?z...06%20Amsterdam

Old 09-02-2006, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Thanks for the pictures!
I don't know yet, what to think about her hairstyle...
It looks interesting, but maybe it's a bit too much...

Old 09-02-2006, 04:59 PM
Administrator

Its great to see Mabel and Johan. I am glad Mabel has such an active interest in AIDS.

On a more shallow note..I like the hair...not liking the outfit. But the red coat was to die for so you can't have everything.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:00 PM
Serene Highness

To be honest, I'm totally loving this fifties style!
I'm a bit confused, though. Normally I don't like Mabel's fashion choices, but it's the second time this week that she's just looking fab, imo. I don't know if I can handle it yet...
Old 09-02-2006, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree with Maxie. Mabel looks great on these hair.

She reminds me princesses Irene http://www.royal-magazin.de/niederla...rene-tiara.htm or Margriet http://worldroots.com/brigitte/gifs6...her1943-32.jpg .
Old 09-02-2006, 05:30 PM
Royal Highness

Mabel looks fabulous! You have to admit this is a huge improvement from her legendary bows! I think the hair and dress were a risk but I think she pulls it off.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I like Mabel's hair-do on her last outing. It's really great to see her doing more works like this. It's about time...
I'm really glad the Dutch princesses are so involved in the causes they believe in. Maxima in microcredit, Laurentien in illiteracy, and Mabel in hiv-aids.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:10 AM
Heir Apparent

It's time to close this thread..
Thank you for all your participation..

You can find the new thread here