Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien, News & Events Part 3 (Aug 2007 - Dec 17)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HRH Prince Constantijn will hand-out the prizes for the World Press Photo of the Year 2008 tomorrow sunday may 3rd at the
Muziekgebouw aan 't IJ,Amsterdam.
Het Koninklijk Huis

HRH Prince Constantijn handed-out the prizes for the World Press Photo 2008.
Princess Laurentien accompanied him.Both talked to the press and were still visibly moved.

I am still moved seeing them this way:
http://www.royalimages.nl/search.pp?productionjobid=30846&flush=1

courtesy Valerie Kuypers.

Last edited:
HRH Prince Constantijn will hand-out the prizes for the World Press Photo of the Year 2008 tomorrow sunday may 3rd at the
Muziekgebouw aan 't IJ,Amsterdam.
Het Koninklijk Huis

HRH Prince Constantijn handed-out the prizes for the World Press Photo 2008.
Princess Laurentien accompanied him.Both talked to the press and were still visibly moved.

I am still moved seeing them this way:
ANP Beeldbank

courtesy Valerie Kuypers.

An admirable couple.Still visibly moved,so courageous.
Dearest Tijn and Laurentien.

03-05-2009 Amsterdam Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien attended The World Press Photo 2009.
PPE Agency

03-05-2009 Amsterdam Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien attended The World Press Photo 2009.
PPE Agency

It pains me to see dear Tijn and Laurentien this way.
Still heavily under the impressions from Queensday,and what it caused.

The Prince stated that Queensday should never be altered but has to remain like it always was.

We all agree on that,let no fool think we alter anything we hold dearly for the sake and actions of a lunatic.

Speech by HRH Prince Constantijn,in english:

http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=29122

Last edited:
It pains me to see dear Tijn and Laurentien this way.
Still heavily under the impressions from Queensday,and what it caused.

The Prince stated that Queensday should never be altered but has to remain like it always was.

We all agree on that,let no fool think we alter anything we hold dearly for the sake and actions of a lunatic.

Speech by HRH Prince Constantijn,in english:

Het Koninklijk Huis

His speech was very eloquent and comforting. I admire him for being able to do this, despite the pain he and Laurentien are feeling. I wish them strength and peace.

Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands gives a press briefing
with European Commissioner for Health, Androulla Vassiliou as
she attends a conference on 'Youth health Initiative' at the
EU headquarters in Brussels, Belgium, 09 July 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

I'm fond of Princess Laurentien's eyerring, as they are very unusual.:flowers:
Thank you, Iceflower.:flowers:

You are welcome, queenofthelight :)

Thanks, lucien, the speech was very interesting to read
and I liked the fact that she included the little poem.

Here's an additional gallery of pics from today:

** ppe gallery **

Laurentien is such a natural and beautiful woman. I hope her daughters will be also so Laurentien-like.

Thank you, Lucien, for providing the link to Laurentien's speech. I had tears in my eyes when I read the poem that she included in her speech. I have always admired her commitment to promoting literacy.

October 11th will see the 40th birthday of Prince Constantijn,who kept the whole nation in awe and worry on his birth as
he had suffered of respiratory problems,we were all hoping and praying for his recovery.

Look what a man he has become,a wonderfull human being indeed:

His life in pictures:
ANP Beeldbank

courtesy royalimages.:)

There will not be any official event but the day will be celebrated with family and friends privately.

Princess Laurentien congratulats Designer Sieb Posthuma who received
the Golden Brush 2009 on 7th. The award was presented in the Rijksmuseum
in Amsterdam. The jury decided that 'Boven in een groene linde zat een
moddervette haan' (in the top of the green lime tree was a bloated cock)
was the most beautifully illustrated children's book of the last year.

** Pic 1 **Pic 2 **

I like these rather candid photos of Princess Laurentien, she looked relaxed & happy.

:dutchflag:
On occasion of the 40th birthday of HRH Prince Constantijn these new photo's have just been released:

Het Koninklijk Huis

Thanks for the pictures.
Prince Constantijn has a lovely family, the children are growing up quite fast. The pictures of the children with their parents are really pretty.

I liked viewing gthe pictures of HRH Prince Constantijn and Princecess Laurentien with the children. They look very happy together. Did they have a some sort of party for the birthday celebrations?

Princess Laurentien attended the hand-out of the von de Gablentz Prize to german politician Rita Süsmuth,
former president of the Bundestag,the German parliament.

Otto von der Gablentz was a german diplomat who became german ambassador to The Netherlands in 1980 IIRC and stayed for 7 years.
He almost instantly moved us all,firstly be the fact he had made the effort to speak excellent Dutch,second,because of his open and new approach of the recent past,ie,the WWII and the nazi occupation between 1940 and 1945.The man was generally liked and highly respected.Not just for the dutch,but also for the Royal Family he became a familiar face and a dear warm friend.
After his term in The Netherlands he was the german ambassador to Israel and then to Russia,not the easyest posts.

After his retirement he and his wife settled to live here in Amsterdam.
He sadly passed away after a long illness in 2007.Greatly missed man in many a heart and mind.

ANP Beeldbank

courtesy royalimages.

Princess Laurentien and the widow,Mrs. von der Gablentz:

http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/Actuee...lentz_Prijs_2009_in_Amsterdam_2_november_2009

Last edited:
Princess Laurentien attended the congress '' Boundless Dutch''
(Grenze(n)loos Nederlands) of the Onze Taal Society at the
Jaarbeurs in Utrecht. November 21, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** ppe gallery **

Good to see Princess Laurentien at this event- she seems so intelligent and friendly, and represents the Ductch Royal family so well. Her fashion?, well, better left unsaid.......

Prince Constantijn & Princess Laurentien

You have reason Patra. It's an important role that is playing Princess Laurentien; to be a member of a Royal Family, giving the royal touch to the event, being so involucrated with the causes like she is, and being mother and wife. It's not easy to be the princess after the future queen and her sisters.
Laurentien enjoy her family life and love her country. She is an example of how to be a part of a royal team.
It would be nice if she dresses more regal.

Last edited:
Pics 25.11.2009

Princess Laurentien attended the "Manifestation Buurtalliantie"
in the Pakhuis De Zwijger in Amsterdam, November 25, 2009
Neighborhood Alliance is a multi-platform aimed at neighborhood
development and promoting cooperation between social entrepreneurs.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** ppe gallery **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom