The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 06:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

mabel is pregnant or she is a bit fat?

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 02-19-2007, 06:30 PM
Royal Highness

She has given birth to Countess Zaria, her second daughter, a few months ago.

Old 02-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Royal Highness

I think its just the style of the blouse that makes her appear larger than she really is.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress
I'm sorry, but that outfit is just awful! She looks like she was attacked by a granny with mad knitting needles!

Quite a way with words, you have.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 02-20-2007, 12:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofcelts
I don't like what Mabel and Laurentien are wearing-(

Neither do I. They both look like they time-traveled from Woodstock.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 02-20-2007, 02:08 AM
Royal Highness

Sad, really sad

An African opera composed and performed by the people of the Sahel countries to highlight African culture for both an African and a European audience was an idea that the late Prince Claus brought to his Fund.

He envisaged a spectacle of such quality and originality that it would steal the hearts of people throughout the world.

It is kind of sad that on this board there is only attention for the outfits of the two ladies, who were not there representing the Royal House but only accompanying their spouses, the joint chairs of the Prince Claus Fund.

I think most posters even did not have an idea it was in Bamako, Mali, one of the world's poorest places to live and to work. I'm happy the Princesses had the good taste not to appear in western capitalistic clothes, with Louboutins at their feet, costing a year's salary in Mali!
Old 02-20-2007, 06:53 AM
Nobility

(Source: Dutch Photo Press)
Old 02-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.

I think most posters even did not have an idea it was in Bamako, Mali, one of the world's poorest places to live and to work. I'm happy the Princesses had the good taste not to appear in western capitalistic clothes, with Louboutins at their feet, costing a year's salary in Mali!
It would've been better to have worn Louboutins, it's less recognizable than Mabel's huge Pucci tunic which costs more than a year's salary in Mali.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
Neither do I. They both look like they time-traveled from Woodstock.
Nah,they don't really,I love this one....and especially Constantijns attire:

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Old 02-20-2007, 05:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien
Nah,they don't really,I love this one....and especially Constantijns attire:

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

This one and the one laurentien wore were good but mabels just wasn't the right color.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

i like laurentien's evening dress. the earrings are very pretty.

dont like her yellow day outfit though. it makes her look washed out.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:51 AM
Commoner

I have not been to the site for a while. Can someone please explain to me why Constantijn is on crutches? Thanks!
Old 02-25-2007, 09:56 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Cathrine Rose
I have not been to the site for a while. Can someone please explain to me why Constantijn is on crutches? Thanks!
See this post: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/567672-post89.html

Old 03-05-2007, 01:35 PM
Courtier

Princess Laurentien attended today the premiere of the mulitmediaprogramme Read and Write.

PPE Agency
Old 03-05-2007, 03:00 PM
Royal Highness

That is a very stylish appearance of the Princess.

I especially like the matching accessoires, see picture. This means the accessoire were especially made for this outfit.

Her sister-in-law had the same: shoes, purse, gloves and hat in exactly the same colours and style, see picture. It is wonderful that the Netherlands Princesses try to dress up and avoid looking too matronly.

It is also clear that the level of formality in the event of the second picture (hats and gloves) was higher than in the event in the first picture: a protocollair state-visit contra a multimedia-event.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

She looks pretty! Her outfit-choice was great! Very elegant.
It seems she made some very good fashion decisions the last weeks..
She also looked great in Norway, too!
Thumbs up for Laurentien!

Old 03-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well I'll be. She actually looks good. That pattern is very nice.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:50 PM
Royal Highness

I know that Princess Laurentien is often criticized for her extravagant style. But inside that style laurentinoise she is quite precize.

Look at this much criticized outfit and see that the hat, purse and shoes are exactly of the same colour as the gown.

Even in this outrageous outfit you see that the whole ensemble was carefully selected.

Another outfit laurentinoise, but take a better look and see that her shoes were especially made together with her purse...

Sometimes it is pure horror, but the Dutch Princesses, all three of them, have an expensive taste!!!
Old 03-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

imo this is the best outfit laurentien has worn, i dont like the matching bag but what a great outfit.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Just because they have expensive tastes doesn't mean they look their best all the time. That middle outfit of Laurentien's is utterly ghastly.

Closed Thread