Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien, News & Events 1 (Jan 2003 - March 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1-6.www.colourpress.com

's Hertogenbosch, Holland - HRH Prinses Laurentien attended a meeting of the ABC Project that gives help to illiteracy projects. She also got the ABC trophy 2003 because her good work to this organization. Photo: Beneluxpress/Nieboer

7-10.IBL - 22 November 2003. Holland, Den Bosch, the Netherlands. Pregnant Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands recieved the ABC AWARD because of her efforts against (functional) illiteracy in the Netherlands. The award was handed over at a illiteracy congres in Den Bosch in the south of The Netherlands.

Attachments

• NL_laurentien_500.jpg
    NL_laurentien_500.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 602
  • NL_laurentien_500a.jpg
    NL_laurentien_500a.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 647
  • NL_laurentien_500b.jpg
    NL_laurentien_500b.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 274
  • NL_laurentien_500c.jpg
    NL_laurentien_500c.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 296
  • NL_laurentien_500d.jpg
    NL_laurentien_500d.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 277
  • NL_laurentien_500e.jpg
    NL_laurentien_500e.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 241
  • NL_laurentien_500k.jpg
    NL_laurentien_500k.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 600
  • NL_laurentien_500m.jpg
    NL_laurentien_500m.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 576
  • NL_laurentien_500l.jpg
    NL_laurentien_500l.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 586
  • NL_laurentien_500n.jpg
    NL_laurentien_500n.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 569
Last edited by a moderator:
Th princess has shown quite a transformation since her engagement to Constantijn, I would say & she has become very stylish & elegant! In which month is her 2nd child expected?

Dutch Princess Laurentien, who is expecting her first child in June, stands with her husband Prince Constantijn, the youngest son of Queen Beatrix, during the celebrations for Dutch Queen Beatrix "Queen's Day" April 30, 2002 in Meppel, The Netherlands. Traditionally, Queen Beatrix celebrates her birthday on this day, which is actually the birthday of her mother Princess Juliana.

Attachments

• con_lau_1.jpg
    con_lau_1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 372
  • con_lau_2.jpg
    con_lau_2.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 302
1.Today Princess Laurentien opened a new IBM Office in Amsterdam. On the occasion of the opening IBM, hand over fifty KidSmart computers to burgomaster Cohen of Amsterdam. The computers have been intended for children in the age 3 up to 7 years.

2.Laurentien and children

3,4.Princess Laurentien

Attachments

• lau.jpg
    lau.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 301
  • lau2.jpg
    lau2.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 232
  • lau3.jpg
    lau3.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 256
  • lau4.jpg
    lau4.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 242
Thanks for all these latest pictures of Laurentien patje, they are wonderful.

I love the colour of Laurentien's turquoise scarf. It really looks quite lovely on her and really makes her "pop."

Pregnant Laurentien

Attachments

• lau1.jpg
    lau1.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 281
  • lau2.jpg
    lau2.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 214
  • lau3.jpg
    lau3.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 304
  • lau4.jpg
    lau4.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 204
When approximate date?
and
Baby Prince or Princess?

I've heard april. and the baby's going to be a count or a countess not a prince/princess.

Originally posted by Fireweaver@Feb 10th, 2004 - 5:10 pm
and the baby's going to be a count or a countess not a prince/princess.
just like Eloise

:flower:

I am just wondering where little Eloise was. Maxima brought Amalia along, didn't she? Perhaps I am getting the date mixed up..

Its seems to me that Laurentien and Máxima are both the smiling kind. Both of them like colourful clothes too. Someone knows if they are friends?.

Originally posted by Meg@Apr 24th, 2004 - 10:27 pm
Its seems to me that Laurentien and Máxima are both the smiling kind. Both of them like colourful clothes too. Someone knows if they are friends?.
Laurentien introduced either Willem to Maxima or Constantijn to Mabel, didn't she? I think that she and one of these ladies were friends prior to both marrying into the Dutch royal family.

Originally posted by Alexandria+Apr 24th, 2004 - 11:02 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alexandria @ Apr 24th, 2004 - 11:02 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Meg@Apr 24th, 2004 - 10:27 pm
Laurentien introduced either Willem to Maxima or Constantijn to Mabel, didn't she? I think that she and one of these ladies were friends prior to both marrying into the Dutch royal family. [/b][/quote]
Mabel and Laurentien were/are good friends. Johan Frisso met Mabel through Laurentien.

Sean

I think Laurentien introduced Friso and Mabel at a party in Brussels.

Originally posted by Sean.~@Apr 25th, 2004 - 12:07 am
Mabel and Laurentien were/are good friends. Johan Frisso met Mabel through Laurentien.

Sean
Thank you, Sean. I knew that Laurentien was responsible for one of the Orange-Nassau boys meeting their future bride, just couldn't remember which one!

Can someone explain how Laurentien is pronounced? I had never heard that name before the Princess came along.

Originally posted by Lady Jean@Apr 26th, 2004 - 8:41 pm
Can someone explain how Laurentien is pronounced? I had never heard that name before the Princess came along.
Lau - like the laou in laoud
ren - like the ren in rent
tien - like the tin in tina

:blink: :wacko:

something like this

I'm not sure how Laurentien's pronounced..I thought it was

Lau-REN-tien sounding like LauRENshien but I guess not...how would the Dutch pronounce it? The French way would be Laurentien with a hard "t" sound...

Last Sunday the 9th May it was Mothersday in the Netherlands. Constantijn, Laurentien and their children Elois and Claus-Casimir spent this day with Queen Beatrix on the boat the Groene Draeck. So Beatrix wasn't alone this day although Friso was on honeymoon and Alexander in Argentina. There are lovely photo's of Constantijn's happy family on the boat published in Story and Prive. The photo's are taken by Remi van Maren and I think they also will be published on Smuldersfotos.com. It was also a goodbey to Beatrix because Laurentien and Constantijn are moving out Huis den Bosch to Brussels where their children can live a relatively normal live out of the spotlights. It has been told that they moved to Brussels because of the safety of the family, but I didn't think that this is the reason. From Brussels it is easier to help with offical tasks now that they became the second royal couple (because Friso isn't a member of the Royal House after his marriage with Mabel). It is also been told that Friso and Mabel will move in Constantijn's house in London.

Prince Constantjin and his wife will attend to Denmark for Fred and Mary's wedding and Spainsh for Felipe and his fiancee's wedding? if have pictures?

Sara Boyce

nol bra!! I just do not understand how she could do it and why didn't anybody say something to her before they left.

it's not as if she is so entirely not " burgerlijk" and imagine her dancing in the evening. in comparison to all the other princesses and Laetizia, who was stunning she looked like a joke :angry:

susan

This must have been embarrassing for the Queen unless there's some medical problem that keeps her from doing so. I really don't know.

Originally posted by samitude@May 17th, 2004 - 9:32 am
This must have been embarrassing for the Queen unless there's some medical problem that keeps her from doing so. I really don't know.
I was thinking that maybe because Laurentien is likely still nursing that it might've been uncomfortable to wear a bra? And no offence to bra makers, but bras made for nursing women aren't exactly accomodating with evening wear. But I'm not sure if that is really the reason why she didn't wear a bra. More my own musings.

Uhhh...I just thought that the top was just exceedingly "saggy". I dunno...I didn't like her outfit. She's beautiful and her tiara was really nice but her outfit...gah! What was with that dress? At first I thought it was a winter jacket that was cut up and sewn into a dress...and that top...gah! I'm sorry but that "saggy" look was not attractive. However, I didn't consider the "not wearing bra" scenario. :yuk:

Poor Eloise. She gets left home alone. By the way, Does Princess Margriet act as regent when the Queen and W.A., Constantijn are out of the country?

Originally posted by lynn@May 21st, 2004 - 7:08 am
By the way, Does Princess Margriet act as regent when the Queen and W.A., Constantijn are out of the country?
No, when Beatrix goes to, for example, Spain, she is still The Queen. Also on holiday.

yes, but in a other country se isn't official queen according me?? :wacko:

when JP Balkenende leaves Holland sr. Zals ore Graaf is the Prime minister, isn't it that with the queen to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom