Prince Bernhard, Princess Annette and Family, Current Events 1 (May 2003-August 2008)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO she looks pregnant on today´s Koniginnendag.....

Isabella van Vollenhoven celebrated her 5th birthday yesterday.:)

lucien said:
Isabella van Vollenhoven celebrated her 5th birthday yesterday.:)

And little brother Sam celebrated his 3rd birthday yesterday.
:flowers:

His Highness Prince Bernhard of Orange-Nassau,van Vollenhoven,in his capacity of Member of the Board of Trustees of the International Institute of Communication and Development,will sign the Schokland Agreement on Sustaineble Development,Innovation and Communication,
as part of 37 Agreements aiming at reaching the Milennium Development Goals.

The dutch Foreign Office is the organiser of the Schokland Agreement.
http://www.schokland.nl/schokland/engelsepagina.html

Het Koninklijk Huis

As posted by Joris on the Benelux Royals MB:

At a sportscar race in Assen Prince Bernhard van Oranje-Nassuau, van Vollenhoven was accused by a car driver, Rutte, of unfair driving behaviour, as a result of which they both landed outside the circuit with their cars. They quarrelled. Prince Pieter-Christiaan tried to intermediate...
A famous Dutch iceskater (no car racer) witnessed the incident: he had to agree with Rutte. On the left: Prince Pieter-Christiaan (with helmet: Prince Bernhard?). Picture

Those things can happen in sports,allthough in general Bernhard is a fair racer,and before you ask,these events are sponsored big time,as you're not a fan of extravaganza's,it's not,it's racing sport.Many like it,some don't as with most things.Extravaganza has a totally different conotation to me,as has decadence,and I love both as long as it's not downright vulgar.;)

Well, personally I wouldn't mind the prince racing or having more extravagant hobbies, but I don't think these things are helpfull for the image of the royal family, it seems rather 'poenerig' (flashy, showing of your wealth etc, not a very Dutch tradition luckily, though times are changing).

Well, personally I wouldn't mind the prince racing or having more extravagant hobbies, but I don't think these things are helpfull for the image of the royal family, it seems rather 'poenerig' (flashy, showing of your wealth etc, not a very Dutch tradition luckily, though times are changing).

The "wealth" for these races comes from its sponsors,as to their personal costs,its their and theirs alone to decide how to spend as we "taxpayers/zevezeikers" don't pay a penny for it,they all generate their own income,its none of our business,and has nothing to do with
any image problem towards the dutch RF,at all.

At the same wave you could call polo or golf "poenerig",you might be right on the latter as every man and his dog upstart takes a course
in golf first before doing anything worthwhile,now that has become poenerig to a great extend due to the nouveau plebs.

Polo is played by those that would never discuss finances as they are not an item for smalltalk in any which way.Doing so,that is vulgar/poenerig.

And btw,racing is in their genes,their father does it and grandfather Bernhard was a keen racer as well.

And Prince Bernhard is out racing again. According to the ´Telegraaf´ it wasn´t a good plan to race the morning after a party (Willem-Alexanders 40th birthday party) as he hit the car of Melvin de Groot, who consequently finished later. Berhard ended with his car on the side of the track and didn´t finish at all.

Racing in zandvoort circuit? Under the excuse of a good cause or just racing for fun alone?

HH Princess Annette was caught driving too fast,155km instead of 80km near Uddel,Royal Domains,on august 31st,she,temporarely,lost her drivers licence as a consequence.HH regrets driving too fast.
Het Koninklijk Huis

HH Princess Annette was caught driving too fast,155km instead of 80km near Uddel,Royal Domains,on august 31st,she,temporarely,lost her drivers licence as a consequence.HH regrets driving too fast.
Het Koninklijk Huis

poor annette. it happens to the best of us.

she joins CP Mary and King Carl Gustav in the "lead foot club." are there any other royals who've been caught speeding?

Well, I think that 155 instead of 80 is a bit too much, if you ask me. :ermm:
But then again, now she proves to be a true member of the DRF. :lol:

Her husbands and brother-in-laws driving skills on Zandvoort circuit has its effect on Annette I presume. But 75 kms to fast is really a lot, but August 31... maybe she was rushing to be on time for the fireworks ;).

Her husbands and brother-in-laws driving skills on Zandvoort circuit has its effect on Annette I presume. But 75 kms to fast is really a lot, but August 31... maybe she was rushing to be on time for the fireworks ;).

That and the surprise party that had been organised for Alexander.;)

I do not think it is funny nor does it happen to the best of us. Highly irresponsible driving in a town like that, if she had killed or wounded someone there would be a tremendous scandal.

I don't think she actually drove in a town, but through the woods. But still irresponsible of course. And when one considers that her father-in-law was the chairman of Safe Traffic Netherlands (VVN) ....

In the mean time Daphne Bunskoek gave the Princess a new nickname 'Anette Rakette' ;)

Annette´s case came into court today, she gets a fine of 780 euros and gets her drivers license back.

And I read in the ´Telegraaf´ that the Princess had been in traffic jams for hours. instead of the usual 1 1/2 (or less) it would take her to drive to Apeldoorn it took her 3 hours (and after she was caught by the police even more ;)). She first brought her children to Utrecht btw where they would sleep over (with her mother maybe?).

Last edited:
Prince Bernhard, Princess Annette and Samuel van Vollenhoven can be seen in a programme called ´bij ons in de PC´ (about the PC Hooftstraat). This is the link of the programme, they are shown in the episode of 6 December, after 2 minutes or so. They are watching the entrance of Sinterklaas.

Courtesy: hester on ATR.

Prince Bernhard is one of the 10 "lucky" Dutchmen who was allowed to buy a Alfa Romeo 20 Competizione, Alfa Romeos prestige car. Costs: 230,000 euro (including 12,000 "slurptax"/environmental charges). (What did he do to deserve this "honor"?)

Added to his collection of fast cars...

What's in Bernhard's name...
wink.gif

Picture of the car

Does anyone know whether Annette expects #3 in early or late March?

HH Princess Annette was safely delivered from a 3250 gram son at 08.30AM local time this morning at the OLV Hospital,Amsterdam.

Benjamin Floris Pieter van Vollenhoven is the 8th grandchild of HRH Princess Margriet and Prof.mr.Pieter van Vollenhoven.
:easterbunny:

Het Koninklijk Huis

Edit by Marengo: for more information about the birth of Benjamin van Vollenhoven, go here.

Last edited:
On RTL Boulevard it was said that Prince Bernhards operation in hospital was due to the illness of Crohn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom