King Willem-Alexander, Current Events Part 1 (May 2013 - October 2017)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yesterday, September 22, King Willem-Alexander made a working visit to the Centre for Man and Aviation (CML) in Soesterberg:

** Pic **

Last edited:

King Willem-Alexander attended the opening of the National Congress "Firefighters Netherlands" and made a working visit to Twente Campus Safety today, October 6:

** anp gallery ** ppe gallery **

King Willem-Alexander handed out the annual Koninklijke Prijs voor Vrije Schilderkunst (Royal Award for Modern Painting) in Amsterdam today, October 7:

The Duchess of Cambridge popped in for luncheon at the "Eikenhorst" after her visit to the Mauritshuis where she had the adacity to completely ignore the public and press present.Bye Kate,we here are used to more in touch Royals...:whistling:

It is nice we have the opportunity to see inside Villa Eikenhorsst, one thing I do not get it is a silver frame in one of the tables with no photo, wonder why?
Newscom - Multimedia for Websites and Publishers of cambridge&search2String=a&dispOutput=&eaCurrentPageNum=3&bylinesearch=&locationsearch=&sourcesearch=&actionsearch=&postersearch=&attrsearch=&capwrisearch=&categorysearch=&scatssearch=&scodesearch=&specialsearch=&subjectsearch=&feature=epalivetwo&vg=false&sort=d&searchPhoto=Y&searchVideo=Y&searchText=N&searchGraphics=Y&searchkey=[]&searchtype=newsearch&searchSet=no&searchSetName=&searchHZ=N&searchVT=N&rm=&rf=&daterng=

The Duchess of Cambridge popped in for luncheon at the "Eikenhorst" after her visit to the Mauritshuis where she had the adacity to completely ignore the public and press present.Bye Kate,we here are used to more in touch Royals...:whistling:

What are you talking about? There were huge crowds wellwishing the Duchess and she mingled with them:

Picture 1

Picture 2

What are you talking about? There were huge crowds wellwishing the Duchess and she mingled with them

Yes. It always surprises and upsets me how people on this or other boards just claim things without any substance:bang:

She met the King before she went to the museum not after. There are plenty of tweets on the itinerary for today. Not to mention pictures of her interacting with the crowds outside the museum.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Great to see that the public did have the opportunity to chat with the Duchess outside the museum today.

The British kids yes,at the steps of the museum...And she was lead to them and mingled "spontaneously"......And ofcourse there were crowds,not huge,but crowds still...but she didn't pay any attention to them at all as she left the car!!No wave to people nor press...as was clearly seen in the coverage.

And Wartemberg,I never claim things without substance.I am,mostly,all about substance only and not your everage Jo

The British kids yes,at the steps of the museum...And she was lead to them and mingled "spontaneously"......And ofcourse there were crowds,not huge,but crowds still...but she didn't pay any attention to them at all as she left the car!!No wave to people nor press...as was clearly seen in the coverage.

And Wartemberg,I never claim things without substance.I am,mostly,all about substance only and not your everage Jo

The first photo Duc linked to clearly shows her talking to adults and not just British children.

Please don't tell me I need to link you to every photo of Kate waving to crowds? I don't generally watch the videos because I find them to be boring, but you can clearly see her waving and interacting with people in many of the photos.

How do you tell if the kids are British or Dutch by a photo? The exhibition was on loan from the British Royal Collection and a British princess was coming to the museum which explains the Dutch and British mini flags. They are some kids with both flags. Quite possibly all these kids are Dutch.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Kate Middleton is zo gewoon gebleven|Telegraaf TV| Telegraaf.nl
Dutch people who had expected to just be able to take a quick pic were surprised that the duchess came up to them and shook hands and had a quick chat; "she has remained so normal" (which in dutch terms is a compliment ;) )

The interviews are in dutch, but this shows that if definitely weren't just english people who she shook hands with..

Besides receiving the Duchess of Cambridge yesterday, October 11, King Willem-Alexander also made a working visit to Amsterdam Zuidoost.

What a wonderful surprise it must have been for the metro passengers, see here:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** anp gallery **

Today, October 12, the King received the Ambassadors of Kuwait and Portugal:

** Pic ** anp gallery **

Last edited:
In 1967, by birthright, Willem-Alexander became Knight in the Orden vom Goldenen Löwen des Hauses Nassau, which serves as the highest Luxembourgian State Order.

In 1992 Jean, Grand-Duke of Luxembourg, made a State Visit to the Netherlands. Willem-Alexander received the Herzoglich Nassauischer Militär- und Civil-Verdienst-Orden Adolphs von Nassau, the second highest Luxembourgian State Order.

In 2006 Henri, Grand-Duke of Luxembourg, made a State Visit to the Netherlands. Willem-Alexander received the Orden der Eichenen Krone, the third highest Luxembourgian State Order.

In 2012 Hereditary Grand-Duke Guillame married Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy. The (then) Prince of Orange did not wear his highest Luxembourgian decoration. He also did not wear his second highest Luxembourgian decoration. As only one off all royal guests he wore the third highest Luxembourgian decoration. Both at the pre-wedding event (picture) as well at the wedding itself (picture).

Why did the Prince, now the Head of the House Orange-Nassau, not wear the highest decoration, of which he is co-grandmaster? What would have been the reason behind that?

Last edited:

King Willem-Alexander swore in the new Governor of Aruba at Palace Noordeinde today, October 26:

** anp gallery **

King Willem-Alexander made a two-day working visit to the naval vessel Zr.Ms. De Ruyter this week:

** Pic **

Today, November 18, he met with the President of the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) Guido Raimondi at Palace Noordeinde:

** anp gallery **

King Willem-Alexander opened the Joint Inspection Center (JIC) at the Amsterdam Airport Schiphol today, November 22:

** anp gallery **

And he visited COC Netherlands, the interest group for lesbians, gay men, bisexuals and transgender persons, that celebrates its 70th anniversary:

Last edited:
The King has a more modern snit now, in some his costumes. The pantalons are tighter tailored. Very good! Picture.

King Willem-Alexander attended the 5th edition of the career event nl4talents at the Erasmus University in Rotterdam today, November 23:

King Willem-Alexander received the Ambassadors of Yemen, Tunisia and Ireland at Palace Noordeinde in Den Haag today, November 30:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** anp gallery **

King Willem-Alexander opened the new building of the instrument makers school in Leiden today, December 6:

Last edited:

King Willem-Alexander received the Ambassadors of Senegal and San Marino today, December 7:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** anp gallery **

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom