King Willem-Alexander, Current Events Part 1 (May 2013 - October 2017)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Willem-Alexander received Dutch politician Anouchka van Miltenburg and Dutch politician Fred de Graaf in his office at the Noordeinde Palace on June 6, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2** anp gallery **

King Willem-Alexander received Dutch politician Anouchka van Miltenburg and Dutch politician Fred de Graaf in his office at the Noordeinde Palace on June 6, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2** anp gallery **

They are not just politicians,but the Chair of the Second Chamber and the Chair of the Senat respectively.:)

King Willem-Alexander visited Motorcycle Support Nederland in Goirle today, June 11, 2013.

** anp gallery **

Afterwards Willem-Alexander visited the Neighborhood Vegetable Green Forest in Tilburg, a project of the Oranje Fond.

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery **

Last edited:

King Willem-Alexander visited the Generation Garden in Den Haag today, June 18:

** anp gallery ** ppe gallery **

And he made a visit to Forsa!, a project for social reconstruction and rehabilitation in Den Haag:

** Pic **

Last edited:
In a new uniform I see. I am confused now, I thought he wouldn't wear uniforms anymore, hence the suit at the inauguration. It was said that a member of the government can not be a member of the army, hence he can not wear a uniform. But apparently that story was incorrect.

I thought the same, that he was no longer allowed to wear uniforms but apparently he he can just not be a serving member of the armed forces so he can wear a uniform if it has royal insignia rather than rank insignia on. So teh Dutch Ministry of Defence says on
King will retain close relationship with armed forces | Ministry of Defence

"Uniform
Because of his close relationship with the armed forces, the King will continue to wear his uniform at special ceremonial occasions. The rank insignia will be replaced by a Royal Insignia."

Thanks for looking that up, I suppose that solves the puzzle. So basically it is a ceremonial uniform and not a real one. It is nice that the king made this gesture, since he has always shown great interest in the armed sources. When prince Bernhard died(and perhaps before that), it was usually WA who went to special commemorations, events etc. of the army.
I wonder if the çeremonial occassions where WA will wear these uniforms will only be related to the military or also at events like Prinsjesdag and state visits. We will see that soon enough I guess.

Thanks for looking that up, I suppose that solves the puzzle. So basically it is a ceremonial uniform and not a real one. It is nice that the king made this gesture, since he has always shown great interest in the armed sources. When prince Bernhard died(and perhaps before that), it was usually WA who went to special commemorations, events etc. of the army.
I wonder if the çeremonial occassions where WA will wear these uniforms will only be related to the military or also at events like Prinsjesdag and state visits. We will see that soon enough I guess.

Yes it is nice as I had also thought he could not wear a military uniform since he became King,many thanks for Tommy100 for clarifying and looking up the information. :flowers:

King Willem-Alexander opened the European Youth Olympic Festival (EYOF) Utrecht 2013 at the Stadion Galgenwaard in Utrecht today, July 14, 2013.

** anp gallery ** nu.nl gallery **

Did Princess Beatrix ever wear the uniform during her reign?
Just curious.

I can't remember having seen any pics of that, Charlotte_Aster.

Today, July 17, King Willem-Alexander received Ankie Broekers-Knol, President of the Senate in Den Haag.

** Pic ** anp gallery **

King Willem-Alexander has received Ali Mohamed Shein, President of Zanzibar, at Noordeinde yesterday, August 27. The President visits the Netherlands from August 26 - August 30.

** Pic ** anp gallery **

King Willem-Alexander has received the Prime Minister of Curacao Ivar Asjes at the Villa Eikenhorst today, August 31:

** anp gallery **

King Willem-Alexander has received the first copy of a book about the first 150 years of Parliamentary history of the Netherlands from 1796-1946 in Den Haag today, September 4.

** Pic ** anp gallery **

King Willem-Alexander has received the first copy of a book about the first 150 years of Parliamentary history of the Netherlands from 1796-1946 in Den Haag today, September 4.

** Pic ** anp gallery **

HM received the book from Prof.Dr.J. van den Berg,co-author with the late Mr.J.J.Vis

This morning HM received the Credentials of the Ambassadors of Lybia,Denmark and Vietnam.

Last edited by a moderator:
By Royal Decree Drs.J.Snoek was appointed as personal advisor of HM The King and HM The Queen as of October 1st.

Previously Mr.Snoek was employed as text and communication advisor to an array of Government ministers and PM J.P.Balkenende and at present he is senior communication advisor at Staff Department Corporate Affairs of the Schiphol Group.

King Willem-Alexander has visited the foundation Jarige Job in Rotterdam today, September 10, 2013. The foundation gives birthday boxes with decorations, sweets and a gift to children from poor families so that they can celebrate their birthday despite their family's financial problems - a very lovely idea!

Last edited:

King Willem-Alexander has visited the foundation Jarige Job in Rotterdam today, September 10, 2013. The foundation gives birthday boxes with decorations, sweets and a gift to children from poor families so that they can celebrate their birthday despite their family's financial problems - a very lovely idea!

** anp gallery **

Straight from Argentina...well,almost...and back to business as usual!
Chapeau!

King Willem-Alexander has opened the new Palace of Justice in Amsterdam today, September 19, 2013:

Last edited:
HM The King will visit Russia on november 9th at the conclusion of the Russia - The Netherlands year.King Willem-Alexander will meet with President Putin who visited The Netherlands shortly in april for the opening of the Peter the Great exhibition at the Hermitage,Amsterdam,ao as one of the events to celebrate the 400th years of diplomatic and trade relations between our two countries..

King Willem-Alexander has attended the opening of the European Cancer Congress 2013 in Amsterdam today, September 27.

** anp gallery **

King Willem-Alexander has received the President of Uganda Yoweri Kaguta Museveni in Den Haag today, September 30:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom