King Willem-Alexander, Current Events Part 1 (May 2013 - October 2017)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
H.M. King Willem-Alexander paid a visit to the ‘’Behouden Huis’’ in Oudkarspel today.

PPE Agency

King Willem-Alexander received the Ambassadors of the Ukraine and India at Palace Noordeinde today, June 14:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** anp gallery **

Last edited:

Today, June 28, King Willem-Alexander received the Ambassadors of Uruguay and the United Mexican States and swore in a new Councilor of the Supreme Court:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

On August 28 King Willem-Alexander swore in a new councilor of the Supreme Court's Criminal Chamber, a new state council and a new member of the College of the Court of Auditors:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** anp gallery **

King Willem-Alexander as Patron of the Dutch Bible Society received a delegation from the Dutch Bible Society and the Bible Society of Surinam at Noordeinde Palace this morning, September 4:

** Pic **

And later today King Willem-Alexander was present at a meeting of the Top Women Foundation at the Louwman Museum in Den Haag:

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery **

Last edited:

King Willem-Alexander received Dr. Fang Liu, Secretary General of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) at Eikenhorst today, September 5:

** anp gallery **

King Willem-Alexander received the Ambassadors of Estonia, Lithuania and Chad in Den Haag this morning, September 6:

** Pic ** anp gallery **

The un-announced visit of the King to the Jordaan, a neighbourhood in the centre of Amsterdam, touched a lot of people in the Netherlands. Mr Eberhard van der Laan, the Mayor of Amsterdam, is severely ill (diagnosed with lung cancer in a far advanced stadium) and the way the King offered his arm to help the mayor stirred emotions amongst the Amsterdamers and the Dutch (Van der Laan is a very popular Mayor).

Picture.

The King and the Mayor (and the Mayor's glamorous wife) during the glorious King's Water Pageant on April 30th 2013: picture.

Last edited:

King Willem-Alexander visited the Dutch Air Force at Curacao Airport today, September 11, and was informed about the consequences of Hurricane Irma. Together with the Minister of the Interior and Kingdom Relations, Ronald Plasterk, he continued the visit on St Maarten.

** belga gallery ** belga gallery 2 **

Last edited:
It's good to see he came rather quickly. We need to send a good message to the islands at this moment

I'm so glad that he went to see for himself. Surely it must be reassuring to those poor people to have him come and bring supplies and manpower to help with clean-up. How sweet the pictures of him getting down on the children's level and talking to them. I'm sure he wants this restoration done as quickly as possible. God bless him and the people who have lost so much.

Back from the inspection of the afflicted islands King Willem-Alexander today, September 13, receivedthe Ambassadors of Luxemburg, Poland and Denmark at Palace Noordeinde:

** Pic ** belga gallery **

King Willem-Alexander opened the Blue Ash, the new recreational route through Assen, today, September 15:

** belga gallery **

King Willem-Alexander received the new Prime Minister of Germany's federal state Nordrhein-Westfalen at Palace Noordeinde today, September 26:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:

Yesterday, October 3, King Willem-Alexander swore in the new Defense Minister in Wassenaar:

** anp gallery **

Today, October 4, the King made a working visit to the Team Criminal Intelligence (TCI) and the Expertise Center for Identity Fraud and Documents (ECID) at the Royal Netherlands Marechaussee:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Yesterday, October 3, King Willem-Alexander swore in the new Defense Minister in Wassenaar:

** anp gallery **

Today, October 4, the King made a working visit to the Team Criminal Intelligence (TCI) and the Expertise Center for Identity Fraud and Documents (ECID) at the Royal Netherlands Marechaussee:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
He actually swore in the new Minster today! The last one didn't step down until yesterday in the evening!

:previous:

Thanks a lot for pointing that out, QueenMaximaftw! I had slightly mistranslated the official news entry and had thought both had happened yesterday. I had tried to translate it from Dutch to German without any translation tool - a little self-chosen challenge I enjoy from time to time.. ?

King Willem-Alexander today also opened the new building of Eurojust in Den Haag:

** robinutrecht.photoshelter gallery ** anp gallery **

:previous:

Thanks a lot for pointing that out, QueenMaximaftw! I had slightly mistranslated the official news entry, as I had tried to translate it from Dutch to German without any translation tool - a little self-chosen challenge I enjoy from time to time [emoji2]

King Willem-Alexander today also opened the new building of Eurojust in Den Haag:

** anp gallery **
Any translation you do on your own is worth a big applause!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom