King Willem-Alexander, Current Events Part 1 (May 2013 - October 2017)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ambassadors of Finland and Montenegro (1) have been received by King Willem-Alexander today, December 9:

** Pic ** anp gallery **

Impressive parade. That Admiral's uniform looks splendid.

There are a lot Investitures by the King himself. From new Judges to new Ministers. From new Governors to new Auditors for the Auditory Chamber... I think King Willem-Alexander has the most of this sort of meetings. I have never heard the Belgian King investing a new magistrate or Queen Elizabeth taking the Oath from new Ambassadors.

King Willem-Alexander visited the NATO headquarters in Brussels and the military headquarters "Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe" (SHAPE) in Mons today, December 17:

** anp gallery ** belga **

Last edited:

King Willem-Alexander today, January 21, attended the final part of the NOS conference "Journalism on Demand" in Utrecht. The conference marks the 60th anniversary of the NOS news.

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery ** belga **

It has pleased His Majesty The King, Grandmaster of the Militaire Willems-Orde, to bestow that highest decoration for brave gallantry to the Korps Commandotroepen, for their extraordinary deployment in war in Afghanistan.

In 2006 Queen Beatrix decorated a Polish Parachutist Regiment for its role in the Liberation of the Netherlands during the Operation Market Garden in 1944. The decoration is added to the regimental standard, see picture.

The ceremony in which the King will award the Korps Commandotroepen with this exceptional honour will take place on March 15th and will take place on the Binnenhof (Inner Court) in The Hague. See picture of this ceremony: picture.

Last edited:
It has pleased His Majesty The King, Grandmaster of the Militaire Willems-Orde, to bestow that highest decoration for brave gallantry to the Korps Commandotroepen, for their extraordinary deployment in war in Afghanistan.

In 2006 Queen Beatrix decorated a Polish Parachutist Regiment for its role in the Liberation of the Netherlands during the Operation Market Garden in 1944. The decoration is added to the regimental standard, see picture.

The ceremony in which the King will award the Korps Commandotroepen with this exceptional honour will take place on March 15th and will take place on the Binnenhof (Inner Court) in The Hague. See picture of this ceremony: picture.

Well deserved,exceptional conduct in exceptional situations!Bravo!

Yesterday, February 11, King Willem-Alexander made a working visit to schools in Oegstgeest and Leiden. He was accompanied by State Secretary Dekker as it was part of a series of working visits with Secretaries of State who show the scope of their ministries.

** koninklijkhuis.nl: Koning met staatssecretaris Dekker op werkbezoek over passend onderwijs ** translation **

And today, February 12, the King opened the exhibition "Hieronymus Bosch - Visions of a genius" at the Noordbrabants Museum in 's-Hertogenbosch:

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery **

Last edited:
The King does not look healthy. He really needs to loose some 10 kilos. He has really blown up. This while his spouse, Queen Máxima, succesfully stays so slim. Really, the King is only in the third year of his kingship. If he wants to be King for -let us say- three decades, I hope he keeps some representativity in his appearance.

In March the King will wear an uniform again for the ceremony to award the Militaire Willems-Orde to the Korps Commandotroepen. Such an overweight man in a military uniform is no sight. I really hope he (or his environment: the Queen?) take action.

The King does not look healthy. He really needs to loose some 10 kilos. He has really blown up. This while his spouse, Queen Máxima, succesfully stays so slim. Really, the King is only in the third year of his kingship. If he wants to be King for -let us say- three decades, I hope he keeps some representativity in his appearance.

In March the King will wear an uniform again for the ceremony to award the Militaire Willems-Orde to the Korps Commandotroepen. Such an overweight man in a military uniform is no sight. I really hope he (or his environment: the Queen?) take action.

Oh please H,stop this nonsense...thank you!

Oh please H,stop this nonsense...thank you!

I don't think the health of the King is "nonsense". I only speak out my hope that he keeps his weight under control. In my book that is no "nonsense" but something very serious. For everyone. King or no King.

Last edited:
He looks fine to me!

I think he needs a break. The King looks tired and seems to have acquired weight: picture.

The Opening the Jheronimus Bosch Year in the Cathedral was a very serious but also a beautiful ceremony I must say. I just saw it on the NPO app.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom