The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 01:19 PM
Courtier

Second scandal for Mabel coming up?

Mohammed Sacirbey, formerly ambassador of Bosnia to the U.N. has been ordered to be extradited back to his country to face charges of embezzlement to the tune of 2.5 million. And guess who he might likely name as being involved when he is indicted, questioned and put on trial?

Indeed former lover Mabel!!

Beatrix shouldn't have let that woman marry into the family

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4190423.stm

But of course everything will be done to save Mabel. The Dutch politicians and the royal family will do everything to prevent a new scandal :( :(

Old 01-22-2005, 02:26 PM
Aristocracy

I've never read where Mabel Weiss was involved with this guy. Can you give me a source for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal_sophietje
Mohammed Sacirbey, formerly ambassador of Bosnia to the U.N. has been ordered to be extradited back to his country to face charges of embezzlement to the tune of 2.5 million. And guess who he might likely name as being involved when he is indicted, questioned and put on trial?

Indeed former lover Mabel!!

Beatrix shouldn't have let that woman marry into the family

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4190423.stm

But of course everything will be done to save Mabel. The Dutch politicians and the royal family will do everything to prevent a new scandal :( :(

Old 01-22-2005, 02:28 PM
Courtier

It is not Mabel Weiss, it is Mabel Wisse Smit. I don't have a source at hand, but maybe other Dutch posters here have.
Old 01-22-2005, 04:31 PM
Courtier

Use Google Click here for more information
Old 01-22-2005, 07:38 PM
Aristocracy

I am sure that Mabel is a gold digger . I don't understand how Beatrix could let this woman marry into the royal family.
Old 01-23-2005, 03:48 AM
Courtier

I don't think Mabel is a gold digger. I just think she has a poor track record on the type of men she's been involved in, if those reports are even true. No one can even really tell for sure about the reports of the drug dealer and this new man.

Anyway, I don't think Mabel's past relationships should be put too much against her in the present. As far as we know, she has not participated in anything illegal in dating those men (if true) and she had no knowledge that she would be joining the royal family later on in her life, many years later.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:18 AM
Courtier

According the Telegraaf (biggest dutch newspaper), the Serbian secret service was intended to kidnap Mabel in the 90s. The reason was her relationship with Muhamed Sacirbey. The newspaper has this confidential information from Serbian judicial sources in Belgrade.

According the information, secret agents traveled, under leadership of the notorious Serbian war criminal Arkan to Brussels end '93 or beginning '94, on order of then president Milosevic. Mabel regularly stays there at the time of the balkans war, because her many activities for the European Action Council for Peace in the Balkans.

The intention of Milosevic to kidnap Mabel was to get more information about Muhamed Sacirbey, who was during the balkans war spokesman for the Bosnian Muslims. The abduction plan arose after the decision (in 1993) that Dutch UN-troops would protect the district Srebenica against attack of the Serbian army.

The persons:

From left to right: Arkan, princess Mabel and Sacirbey.

Old 01-31-2005, 01:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Mabel has really had a remarkabel life untill now,

first she stayed as a houseguest on the boat -for a night or 2- of someone who turned out to be a really, really bad man.

Then she had a friend who according to the telegraaf of a few day ago put her in danger of being abducted by cronies of unpleasantly rightwing people.

and

then she marries a prince.

Who would think that one of the merits of this website would be to make you thankfull for a uneventfull life?
Old 01-31-2005, 03:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia
Mabel has really had a remarkabel life untill now,

first she stayed as a houseguest on the boat -for a night or 2- of someone who turned out to be a really, really bad man.

Then she had a friend who according to the telegraaf of a few day ago put her in danger of being abducted by cronies of unpleasantly rightwing people.

and

then she marries a prince.

Who would think that one of the merits of this website would be to make you thankfull for a uneventfull life?
:p

Nice summary of the life of Mabel Wisse Smith Maybe you should contact her and offer your services in writing her biography
Old 02-08-2005, 02:04 PM
Nobility

Royal Images: Pregnant Mabel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RI080205-Bea_Eredoc-07.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	98988   Click image for larger version

Name:	RI080205-Bea_Eredoc-06.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	98989  
Old 02-08-2005, 05:23 PM
Aristocracy

How much make-up does the woman use ??

I think she looks nicer with less of that stuff ...

xxx
Old 02-09-2005, 01:56 PM
Aristocracy

How is the relationship between Maxima and Mabel? Obviously Mabel and Laurentian and are friends (even though I haven't seen pictures of them). But I haven't seen many of Maxima and Mabel interacting at all.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:31 AM
Nobility

Friso in Lech...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	friso.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	94592  
Old 02-16-2005, 01:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by megknight
How is the relationship between Maxima and Mabel? Obviously Mabel and Laurentian and are friends (even though I haven't seen pictures of them). But I haven't seen many of Maxima and Mabel interacting at all.
How do you know Mabel and Laurentein are close? I am just starting to follow this family and was wondering. Thanks!
Old 02-16-2005, 02:11 PM
Royal Highness

WHy do the ladies of the DRF wear those big, huge hats. It is soooo ugly and so passé
Old 02-16-2005, 02:37 PM
Courtier

Laurentien and Mabel were already friends before Mabel was the girlfriend of Friso. I think they know eachother very well and Laurentien introduced Mabel to Friso.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:52 PM
Courtier

When in April is Mabel due? Early April? Mid-April? End of April? Isn't Queen's Day in April too? Wouldn't it be something if Mabel delivered her baby on Queen's Day!
Old 03-02-2005, 10:15 PM
Nobility

Dutch designers Viktor & Rolf displayed their Ready-to-Wear Autumn/Winter 2005-2006 collection in Paris on March 2. Most of their designs don't suit my taste (if I could afford them), but I like these.

Besides Viktor & Rolf, Mabel also wears designers by ...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	52263804.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	102052   Click image for larger version

Name:	52265673.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	102053   Click image for larger version

Name:	52265684.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	102054   Click image for larger version

Name:	52265688.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	102055  

Old 03-03-2005, 10:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rere
Dutch designers Viktor & Rolf displayed their Ready-to-Wear Autumn/Winter 2005-2006 collection in Paris on March 2. Most of their designs don't suit my taste (if I could afford them), but I like these.

Besides Viktor & Rolf, Mabel also wears designers by ...
Thanks for the sample of designs by Viktor & Rolf rere. I wasn't too familiar with them other than the bowed-apparel Mabel wears. I am attending an event with them next week. They are launching a new perfume -- wonder if the bottle will have bows on it?!
Old 03-04-2005, 06:40 AM
Heir Apparent

it's good to see there are no bows in those designs!!

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Closed Thread