Prince Friso and Princess Mabel, Current Events 1 (August 2003 - September 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
galuhcandrakirana said:
I read that Mabel Wisse Smit has not given a Princess title after marry Friso, does the royal house (or government) change their decision?

Friso is still a prince and as his wife, she may use his titles. That's why she can be addressed as Princess Mabel at times.

Source: Royal Images

Queen Beatrix today attended the Conference: "The Politics of European Values", in The Hague. Also present at the one-day conference was her daughter-in-law Princess Mabel.

Attachments

• mabel-1.jpg
    mabel-1.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 444
  • mabel-2.jpg
    mabel-2.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 437
  • mabel-3.jpg
    mabel-3.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 414
Is some pic from Mabel in evening dress and tiara?

Thanks for the picture link Tina. Lots of great pictures.

Happy Birthday to Prince Johan Friso
frisonetherlands.jpg

Happy Birthdays Prince Friso!!

My best wishes for my favorite Prince!!! And news about the couple, many thanks to Joris from BRMB

Belated Friso and Mabel Wedding Ballet Performance
In November the special ballet performance at the Hague on the occasion of the wedding of Friso and Mabel will take place and attended by the Royal Family and I guess guests invited by the now wed couple. This performance had been 'cancelled' because of the death of Queen Juliana. Now it only seems to have been postponed.

And thank you very much for RITVA, she has scanned this pics in GBRMB

Queen Beatrix, Prince Friso and Princess Mabel
http://members3.boardhost.com/Oranjes/msg/73340.html

Word over at the Benelux Royals MB is that Mabel is pregnant.

And if the theory can hold true for confirming those rumours of Mary being pregnant (loose overcoat and low, practical heels), then I think it could also very well apply to Mabel, too!

Here she is with Johan Friso at the baptism of their nephew, Count Casimir, today.

Attachments

• friso-mabel-1.jpg
    friso-mabel-1.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 738
  • friso-mabel-2.jpg
    friso-mabel-2.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 411
I saw that too. How long do the Dutch royals usually wait until announcing a pregnancy?

Gabriella said:
I saw that too. How long do the Dutch royals usually wait until announcing a pregnancy?
I don't think it will be announced through the same way Maxima's pregnancy was, because Friso and Mabel aren't members of Royal House. I think it' would be said on a more private occasion, which would be more appropriate to the situation of the coupl (IMO) toward the royal family. I must say that I like this couple very much, and a baby would be great for everyone: for them, for Queen Beatrix, for Amalia, Eloise and Clausimir, who would have cousins. And I'm sure that, from where they are, Juliana and Claus would be thrilled.

Mabel: Is she or isn't she?

Alexandria said:
Word over at the Benelux Royals MB is that Mabel is pregnant.

And if the theory can hold true for confirming those rumours of Mary being pregnant (loose overcoat and low, practical heels), then I think it could also very well apply to Mabel, too!

Here she is with Johan Friso at the baptism of their nephew, Count Casimir, today.
I came to this thread with that same exact question - is Mabel pregnant? I saw another photo of her and she seems to be in a advanced state of impending motherhood ;)

Danielane said:
I don't think it will be announced through the same way Maxima's pregnancy was, because Friso and Mabel aren't members of Royal House. I think it' would be said on a more private occasion, which would be more appropriate to the situation of the coupl (IMO) toward the royal family. I must say that I like this couple very much, and a baby would be great for everyone: for them, for Queen Beatrix, for Amalia, Eloise and Clausimir, who would have cousins. And I'm sure that, from where they are, Juliana and Claus would be thrilled.
Johan is the son of the Queen which makes him a member of the Royal House? Doesn't it? Or is my terminology wrong?

Do you mean that because the child would not be in like to the throne they would not announce the pregnancy? Because that's a little different then what you wrote. I think anyway! :)

Friso loosed his rights to the throne when he married Mabel. Therefore, he is no longer member of the royal HOUSE, which consist only of the people who have rights to the throne.

But he is member of the royal FAMILY. When, if Mabel is indeed pregnant, and who it will announce is very difficult to say. Friso has to set up his on PR-team, because he can't use the RVD to announce this as he is no longer member of the royal HOUSE.

mgrant said:
I came to this thread with that same exact question - is Mabel pregnant? I saw another photo of her and she seems to be in a advanced state of impending motherhood ;)

Could you post that pic please? Or is it a picture from the baptism of Claus-Casimir?? Because in that two pictures I can't see signs for an pregnancy....

royal_sophietje said:
But he is member of the royal FAMILY. When, if Mabel is indeed pregnant, and who it will announce is very difficult to say. Friso has to set up his on PR-team, because he can't use the RVD to announce this as he is no longer member of the royal HOUSE.
Johan Friso and Mabel would have to hire their own PR company to announce the pregnancy, birth and release the first pictures. Really? Doesn't the Queen have someone/some company who announces such private, family things on her behalf rather than the RVD?

On the flip side, if the couple didn't hire a PR company, wouldn't the news of the pregnancy and subsequent birth somehow find its way into the Dutch media anyway? Albeit without all the nice 'packaging' PR companies do, but what is there to package in terms of a pregnancy and a new grandchild for the monarch?

I figured I probably had my terminology wrong! Thank you for clarifying Royal_Sophietje!

at the Politics of European Values conference

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00123274.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00123274.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 179
  • pre-SEEGER00123275.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00123275.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 172
  • pre-SEEGER00123276.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00123276.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 194
Alexandria said:
Johan Friso and Mabel would have to hire their own PR company to announce the pregnancy, birth and release the first pictures. Really? Doesn't the Queen have someone/some company who announces such private, family things on her behalf rather than the RVD?

On the flip side, if the couple didn't hire a PR company, wouldn't the news of the pregnancy and subsequent birth somehow find its way into the Dutch media anyway? Albeit without all the nice 'packaging' PR companies do, but what is there to package in terms of a pregnancy and a new grandchild for the monarch?

Hi Alexandria :) ,

It seems it will go this way. The RVD told in a communique that Johan Friso had to organise his press releases on his own after his wedding.
How Friso will exactly do this, is not known. And since he is not very fond of living in the public eye and making things public, it can be very well the case that he doesn't announce the pregnancy.

But it seems to me that, like you already said, Beatrix will find an elegant and discrete way to announce it ;)

royal_sophietje said:
Hi Alexandria :) ,

It seems it will go this way. The RVD told in a communique that Johan Friso had to organise his press releases on his own after his wedding.
How Friso will exactly do this, is not known. And since he is not very fond of living in the public eye and making things public, it can be very well the case that he doesn't announce the pregnancy.

But it seems to me that, like you already said, Beatrix will find an elegant and discrete way to announce it ;)

Thanks for the info royal_sophietje.

I'm really quite surprised that Johan Friso had to organize a press release about his own wedding. I know that Johan Friso is now no longer considered part of the royal court, and only part of the Queen's family, but a wedding, a new daughter-in-law and new grandchild for the Queen surely warrants an official press release from the RVD. The perspective doesn't even have to be from Johan Friso and Mabel's point of view, but from the Queen's.

For example, to announce a second pregnancy for Willem and Maxima it could be that something like "The Crown Prince and Princess of Orange are delighted to announce the pregnancy of ..."

But for Johan Friso and Mabel it could be something like "The Queen is delighted to announce the pregnancy of ..."

Alexandria said:
Thanks for the info royal_sophietje.

I'm really quite surprised that Johan Friso had to organize a press release about his own wedding. I know that Johan Friso is now no longer considered part of the royal court, and only part of the Queen's family, but a wedding, a new daughter-in-law and new grandchild for the Queen surely warrants an official press release from the RVD. The perspective doesn't even have to be from Johan Friso and Mabel's point of view, but from the Queen's.

For example, to announce a second pregnancy for Willem and Maxima it could be that something like "The Crown Prince and Princess of Orange are delighted to announce the pregnancy of ..."

But for Johan Friso and Mabel it could be something like "The Queen is delighted to announce the pregnancy of ..."
I think it can be something like this. Or maybe will Queen Beatrix announce it like Juan Carlos did it for Elena's third pregnancy, before the miscarriage was announced a day later.

I just heard Mabel is pregnant.:)

Let's hope Friso shows a bit more affection towards his child than he does towards his wife...

News: Princess Mabel is pregnant

10 minutes ago, RVD

Princess Mabel is Pregnant!!

6 month after her marriage she is three months pregnant!!

Congratulations!!!!!:D

Yes, that needs a new thread! I'm very happy for the parents.

Btw. Birth: around April 2005 :D

Yes of course needs this news a new thread :D

sorry, dutch..

Prinses Mabel, de vrouw van prins Friso, is in verwachting. Het eerste kind van het paar zal eind april geboren worden. De Rijksvoorlichtingsdienst heeft dit namens koningin Beatrix bekendgemaakt.

De baby wordt het vierde kleinkind van koningin Beatrix. De eerste drie kleinkinderen van de koningin zijn prinses Catharina-Amalia (dochter van kroonprins Willem-Alexander en prinses Máxima) en prinses Eloïse en prins Claus-Casimir (kinderen van prins Constantijn en prinses Laurentien).

Roerige tijd
Beide aanstaande ouders zijn 36 jaar. Prins Friso is de middelste zoon van de koningin. Hij trouwde op 24 april dit jaar met Mabel Wisse Smit na een roerige verlovingstijd, die werd overschaduwd door de affaire-Klaas Bruinsma. Omdat het parlement geen toestemming gaf aan het huwelijk, moest prins Friso zijn rechten op de troon opgeven om met Mabel te kunnen trouwen. Hij is nu geen lid meer van het Koninklijk Huis.

mabelfriso_kerk_tcm4-36582.jpg

Source: NOS NEWS

Mabel en Friso krijgen een kindMabel Wisse Smit en prins Friso krijgen een kind. De geboorte van hun eerste kind wordt eind april 2005 verwacht. Dat heeft de Rijksvoorlichtingsdienst meegedeeld.

moq0u876byxkdh.jpeg
internal-roxen-unit
Bruinsma
Friso is de tweede zoon van koningin Beatrix. Hij trouwde op 24 april met Mabel. Het huwelijk had veel voeten in de aarde vanwege de vermeende relatie van Wisse Smit met de crimineel Klaas Bruinsma.

Troonopvolging
Door het omstreden huwelijk verloor prins Friso zijn plaats in de lijn van troonopvolging en zijn lidmaatschap van het Koninklijk Huis.

Source: RTL NEWS

Prinses Mabel in verwachting

AMSTERDAM - Prinses Mabel is in verwachting. De geboorte van het eerste kind van Prinses Mabel en Prins Friso wordt eind april 2005 verwacht. Dat heeft de rijksvoorlichtingsdienst vrijdag medegedeeld namens koningin Beatrix.

Friso en Mabel hebben in oktober vorig jaar besloten het kabinet geen toestemming te vragen voor hun huwelijk. Dat besluit volgde op weken van geruchten over een relatie tussen Mabel en de vermoorde topcrimineel Klaas Bruinsma.

Mabel gaf in oktober toe dat ze meer dan oppervlakkige 'zeilcontacten' had gehad met Bruinsma en dat deze intensiever waren dan ze eerder tegen de premier had gezegd.

Mabel hield echter vol dat het geen liefdesrelatie was. Volgens Balkenende verschafte Wisse Smit in een gesprek met hem in juni "onvolledige en onjuiste'' informatie. Hierdoor was het vertrouwen geschaad.

Doordat het kabinet geen toestemming heeft verleend voor het huwelijk met Mabel is Friso zijn lidmaatschap van het Koninklijk Huis verloren en zijn plaats in de lijn van troonsopvolging.

Mabel Wisse Smit is geboren op 11 augustus 1968.

http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/15173431/Prinses_Mabel_in_verwachting.html?

Official Communiqué of the RVD

Namens Hare Majesteit de Koningin deelt de RVD mee:

Hare Majesteit de Koningin is buitengewoon verheugd mede te kunnen delen dat Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Mabel in verwachting is. De geboorte van het eerste kind van Prinses Mabel en Prins Friso wordt eind april 2005 verwacht. RVD, 29.10.2004, 18.00 uur

So all those of us were right who guessed that she is pregnant at CC´s christening.One true rumour, after so many false ones...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom