Prince Friso and Princess Mabel, Current Events 1 (August 2003 - September 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the benelux royals MB, posted by HJA (a dutch journalist):

--

' Restaurant Panama saw a radiant princess Mabel on Wednesday afternoon, who spoke freely about her new life as wife and mother, and frankly about her work for OSI in the combat of aids, tb and malaria. Impressive, and open. She also admitted to have take an aids test in South Africa - not for herself, but to break the taboo in taking such tests in African countries. She was in RSA for ten days in February. ;;Enjoying my last weeks of freedom before Luana was born", as quoted in the GPD papers of Friday. Mabel will give a big speech on December 1, World Aids Day. '

--

Again from the Benelux royals MB, written/posted by Joris:

'A front page article of the Dutch free newspaper Metro (Amsterdam edition) says that Princess Mabel "was befriended" with former attorney Evert Hingst (36) who was assassinated in Amsterdam two days ago. The ex-attorney (ex because he was accused of white-washing illegal money) was known for defending underworld figures (some of whom have been murdered in the meantime.... Even after this recent murder yet another famous criminal Miremet was murdered in Thailand).
Mabel Wisse Smit, according to several sources of journalists Vincent Andriessen and Anne-Fleur Pel, is said to know Evert Hingst within the context of field-hockey in the affluent 't Gooi region (SE of Amsterdam). Evert Hingst for some reason changed his name (former name Evert Constantijn Drijber).
Hingst/Drijber played field hockey for the Laren field-hockey club and the Gooische ditto (Mabel's stepfather was involved in the Hilversumsche Field-hockey club, as a consequence of which Mabel (whose sister plays hockey too) knew many hockey players.

The tendency of the article seems sensation-aimed again, imo, for how good you 'know' people. Although Metro usually is a neutral newspaper. The hockey context seems quite 'general' to me. She might have had a drink with him once in a while (that is if it would be before he became 'an advocate of the criminal devils'. But more attorneys seem to be inspired to defend criminals: it's their very challenge...).
NOS News showed a photo of Hingst yesterday and again it concerns an attractive man... Princess Mabel was not approachable for comment yesterday evening... '

Nothing says that she has been baptized so I assum she is not.

Prince Friso denied in a newspaper interview that his wife knew the assasinated laywer of the underworld, mr. Hingst. According to the prince is was his wife's sister who played fieldhockey with him.

I was just reading Mabel's official profile, what does it mean she is not a member of the royal family? She is married to a prince.

no news about luana or new photos?

Incas said:
I was just reading Mabel's official profile, what does it mean she is not a member of the royal family? She is married to a prince.

I belive she is a member of the royal family but not the royal house. The royal house consists of people born into royalty or had parliamentary approval to enter it.

On a separate note...

Why is it that seemingly everytime there is a dead mob boss, crooked attorney, or just a criminal, the press says that Mabel knows, knew, had her hair done by them, or just brushed up against them? The impression you'd get is that she's some sort of mafia princess or something!

Mabel today in Amsterdam for Stop Aids now! Pictures from ANP en Colourpress without watermarks:)

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 294
  • 3233624.jpg
    3233624.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 333
  • aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
Images from anp

Attachments

• 3233646.jpg
    3233646.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 300
  • 3233649.jpg
    3233649.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 225
  • 3233654.jpg
    3233654.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 239
Moonlightrhapsody said:
The impression you'd get is that she's some sort of mafia princess or something!

Mabel was asking for it by being so secretive about her contact with an underworld figure.

Maxima was totally open about her family background from day 1. thus she's never been portrayed as a "junta princess."

btw, i like the new photos. her outfit is pretty good by Mabel standards. pretty restrained. i guess its only for public occassions that she really goes the extra mile to look hideous.

the goth lipstick is not quite as dark as it was at Alexia's baptism. though i'd still prefer to see her in a natural light pink shade.

i think she's been highlighting her hair. i really like it. it gives her hair more volume. this bodes well...

what was the viktor and rolf bag she was lifting? a present the people gave her?
i'm glad to see mabel is supporting good causes.

PICTURES FROM ANP, TAKEN FROM THE BRMB

april said:
she isnt a blonde?

I'm sure Mabel is a natural blonde. Look at this photo when she was about 13 or 14 years old (source www.nos.nl).

Mabel looked very nice at the Artbag thing in Amsterdam. She seems to become a real Viktor & Rolf ambassador!

carlota said:
what was the viktor and rolf bag she was lifting? a present the people gave her?
i'm glad to see mabel is supporting good causes.
The artbags are designed by famous Dutch designers and artists and can be bought during the month december in the Dutch department store the Bijenkorf for 5 euros. The money will go Stop Aids now!

Oops, now I see that I was too fast. Purple platinum already pointed out what the art bag was through someone from another forum! Sorry... :eek:

Last edited:
January 8, 2006

Princess Mabel visited Queen Beatrix at Bronovo Hospital, the Hague, after a knee surgery & pneumonia.

(photos from bruno press)

Attachments

• 060108-001.jpg
    060108-001.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 277
  • 060108-002.jpg
    060108-002.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 282
  • 060108-003.jpg
    060108-003.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 230
  • 060108-004.jpg
    060108-004.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 265
purple_platinum said:
January 8, 2006

Princess Mabel visited Queen Beatrix at Bronovo Hospital, the Hague, after a knee surgery & pneumonia.

(photos from bruno press)

that nose is unmistakable!

pollyemma said:
that nose is unmistakable!

The poor girl. She can't go anywhere without being noticed... :p

Maxie said:
The poor girl. She can't go anywhere without being noticed... :p

oh well. she doesnt seem to mind it much.

pollyemma said:
oh well. she doesnt seem to mind it much.

LOL. Yes, that's true. It was the first thing I thought after posting my message too hasty, as usual... ;)

Maxie said:
LOL. Yes, that's true. It was the first thing I thought after posting my message too hasty, as usual... ;)

that's ok! it allowed me to add that on and for us to realize we have the same perspective.

i think its totally weird the way they attend all sorts of functions as if they were still members of the royal house. but that's just my personal opinion:rolleyes:

pollyemma said:
that's ok! it allowed me to add that on and for us to realize we have the same perspective.

i think its totally weird the way they attend all sorts of functions as if they were still members of the royal house. but that's just my personal opinion:rolleyes:

I think that she's certainly allowed to visit her hospitalized mum-in-law, of course. ;) But I know where you're coming from, I have the same mixed feelings about Mabel. I always say that Beatrix should have had Mabel as a daughter, she enjoys being royal far more than her husband does...:p

Maxie said:
she enjoys being royal far more than her husband does...:p

given Friso's dislike for royal life I do not think it is possible to like royal life LESS then he does.

Marengo said:
given Friso's dislike for royal life I do not think it is possible to like royal life LESS then he does.

that's a good point. even if she is greedy for fame, Mabel smiles at the public and generally makes an effort to be nice. as opposed to sulking....

or giving the middle finger ;)

Marengo said:
or giving the middle finger ;)

well. he did explicitly deny that.

though I have my doubts.

Last edited:
pollyemma said:
well. he did explicitly deny that.

though I have my doubts.
I have doubts too. Of course he denied it. What else would he have said?
'Yeah sure, my niece Margarita was right, I always give the Dutch public the finger when they can't see it!' ?
One can imagine what kind of uproar that would have brought to our silly, little country... :rolleyes:

Maxie said:
I have doubts too. Of course he denied it. What else would he have said?
'Yeah sure, my niece Margarita was right, I always give the Dutch public the finger when they can't see it!' ?
One can imagine what kind of uproar that would have brought to our silly, little country... :rolleyes:

I actually expected a lot of middle fingers directed to him on the queensday after the infamous interview, but there was none, I believe...would have been nice payback ;)

I believe Margarita too about his waving with one hand and etc.

Marengo said:
I actually expected a lot of middle fingers directed to him on the queensday after the infamous interview, but there was none, I believe...would have been nice payback ;)

yeah, it would be in line with the impression he gives me. And why would Margarita lie about such a small thing (compared to the other things she says). There already was a book published by Fred Lammers several years ago, which stated how much the princes disliked Queensday (something which was denied by the court).

Anyway, untill he does it openly, I am afraid we will never know. It will be interesting to see if JF and Mabel will attend Queensday or not. I think JF wouldn't mind to stay home, esp. as he isnt a member of the Royal House anymore, but to make Mabel less unpopular it would be wiser to join in and smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom