Princess Catharina-Amalia, News and Pictures 1 (December 2003 - January 2005)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by moby@Feb 7th, 2004 - 2:59 am
without the photographers do you think baby Catharina-Amalia really sleeps in that crib? that looks so...royal and not at all cozy. i have morbid thoughts about it. :huh: really scary crib. :unsure:
I suspect it's a 'day cradle' and not the main bed for her. Cradles, while pretty and cute, don't really get much use. I think maybe 3 or 4 months before they really become unsafe for a child who's getting active.

It's a gorgeous cradle but I can't help but think of all the 'accidents' little babies have on their bedding....lol

It does seem a bit unpractical for day to day (or night to night!) use, doesn't it. It is very beautiful and the bedding looks very expensive, but you're right justine -- all those normal baby things would be killer on the sheets. Just even a normal amount of baby drool could ruin those sheets.

I don't like the crib either

It's cool that Willem-Alexander slept in it too , but still i would never buy/use sth like that for my baby

i think it is a beautyfil crib, and a historical crib, but that's my opinion.

I'm not sure but I think the crib is only used for the pictures. :rolleyes: But is it a beautiful crib and very very old. Princess Juliana also slept in this crib and Beatrix, Irene, Willem-Alexander, Johan-Friso and Constantijn (for the picture?) etc. So the first time it is used in 1909, a long time ago.

Who knows what was the song/music on 'voor amalia' ????

What great photos! She's an adoreable little girl, and Maxima and Willem look really happy. The sunglasses are just to much!!!
Thanks Dennis!!!

still cant believe the child is not wearing anything on her head. dont they know that the head is where most of the body's warmth leaves the body in a childs case? sorry, i loved the photos myself, but i think this is irresponsible. it doesnt matter how warm it was.

Has their been an announcement of who Amalia's godparents's will be?

:heart: Princess Catherina-amalia :heart:

sweet, beautiful, excellence baby

Originally posted by missally@Apr 13th, 2004 - 5:14 am
Has their been an announcement of who Amalia's godparents's will be?
No, not yet. She will be baptized in June, so I guess that April is a little bit to early.

From the Benelux Messageboard posted by hja:

Royal Family wants a privacy agreement for Amalia.

The RVD is sounding out the media for a privacy agreement with photographers and the like, much like the agreement in existence in Britain for William and Harry. The papers here are not per se against it, but do not want to commit themselves for the next 18 years. In exchange for the agreement, the RF would provide more private photo opportunities.

DEN HAAG/ORANJEWOUD (GPD) - De Rijksvoorlichtingsdienst wil met de media
afspraken maken over de bescherming van de privacy van de jongste leden van het
koninklijk huis. Dit om te voorkomen dat met name prinses Amalia de
komende jaren steeds wordt lastig gevallen door fotografen. De RVD heeft de
hoofdredacteuren van de Nederlandse kranten gevraagd of er over zo'n privacycode
kan worden gepraat.
Het Genootschap van Hoofdredacteuren, dat gisteren in het Friese Oranjewoud
bijeen was, gaat een gesprek hierover niet uit de weg, maar wil zich niet bij
voorbaat voor de komende achttien jaar (tot het moment dat Amalia
volwassen is) binden. Roddelblad Weekend heeft deze week bij de RVD geopperd
afspraken te maken over de inzet van fotografen. In ruil voor 'fotomomenten',
bijvoorbeeld tijdens de ski- en zomervakanties van Willem-Alexander en M xima of
de koninklijke familie in Italië, zouden de paparazzi zich verder inhouden.
Directe aanleiding voor de discussie is de recente skivakantie van het
prinselijk gezin in Lech. Fotografen bivakkeerden toen al meteen voor de deur
van het vakantieverblijf om de in december geboren Amalia bij haar eerste
bezoek aan de sneeuw te kunnen vastleggen.
In Groot-Brittannië bestaat een vrijwillige overeenkomst tussen hof en media
voor de prinsen William en Harry, de twee zonen van prins Charles. Die zijn de
afgelopen jaren over het algemeen met rust gelaten, maar moesten wel een paar
keer per jaar opdraven bij fotosessies. Ook hebben ze een aantal vraaggesprekken
gegeven aan vooraf geselecteerde journalisten van een persbureau. Pas twee weken
geleden werd de overeenkomst geschonden, toen het boulevardblad The Sun schreef
over een vriendinnetje van William en foto's van hun skivakantie publiceerde.

I saw a few articles back that she has her own coat of arms. Is there a picture anywhere of her coat of arms and maybe, possibly even her monogram?

Originally posted by xxLindaxx@Apr 17th, 2004 - 10:31 am
From the Benelux Messageboard posted by hja:

Royal Family wants a privacy agreement for Amalia.

The RVD is sounding out the media for a privacy agreement with photographers and the like, much like the agreement in existence in Britain for William and Harry. The papers here are not per se against it, but do not want to commit themselves for the next 18 years. In exchange for the agreement, the RF would provide more private photo opportunities.
I think this kind of policy or stance on public 'intrustion' on royal families will become more common as more and more public figures try to seperate their public lives from their private lives. Already Prince Haakon has expressed similar concern for future and growing public interest in the life of his young daughter and family, and now such concern from Willem and Maxima, too, about their daughter.

The Spanish King and Queen had a similar policy when their own children were young: organized photo opts at special occasions such as the beginning of holidays, birthdays, equestrian events for Elena, sporting events for Felipe and Cristina, etc., if the Spanish press would leave the children alone otherwise. I believe the concept was quite "radical" back then, but now it is more common and I think, a much more agreeable way to handle the press while also allowing the likes of Ingrid Alexandra and Catharina-Amalia to grow up with some sense of normalacy and not the constant prying attention they might otherwise be subjected to. A good all around compromise!

you have plans christening of daughter of Willem and Maxima's but no date yet from Palace but think its would be this summer or in month ?

Sara Boyce

Nice rattle. It might've been better to have donated money to a charity in Amalia's name. What's a baby going to do with a silver rattle? :p

LOL, my thought exactly! That's not something I'd want my child playing with, much less teething with! :lol:

Juliane

I have pictures of a private video of Maxima and amalia in argentina for a magazine..... ;)

The photo and video camera from Máxima is stolen, on the tv i saw amalia, maxima song for het daughter.

Where on television? So the pictures in Caras are private picture. Oh my... the princess has a little problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom