Queen Máxima and Microfinance / Financial Inclusion

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thumbs up for Maxima on her first apperance. she looks better than what ive expected.looks like she has lost almost all the baby weight, hair looking great & this is a great time to see her, good for her to be back at work.

I am happy that she is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks - looking forward for more. My first impression is that Maxima resembles more and more her mother in law, Queen Beatrix.
I read somewhere that men tend to choose a spouse who does have somehow resemblances with their mothers like gestures, character or even visibly. This is certainly true for WA. I can't think of another royal family where the spouse of the heir suits in so well as in the Netherlands. Amazing.

The same thought crossed my mind, especially when I looked at today's pics. Glad I am not the only one..:)

well, she didn't spend her pregnancy with soul searching thoughts about an improved hairdo, the same mess as usual (and I like her just the more because of it ;)) . At least she is wearing pearls....

Underneath that hairdo sits a set of brains to envy as well....
Speech by HRH today:
Het Koninklijk Huis

Het Koninklijk Huis

Onwards to her next function,this friday.

:flowers:

Last edited:
thumbs up for Maxima on her first apperance. she looks better than what ive expected.looks like she has lost almost all the baby weight, hair looking great & this is a great time to see her, good for her to be back at work.

She looks fine, period. I don't really have a problem with her 'messy hair look', nevertheless I can't figure out why on earth she insists on the 'chocolate-cheeks'.

Weight, she is ok, still you can guess the tummy in this picture ;).

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

She looked more bloated in her first pregnancy, i think. Still I was amazed by her great look in both Amalia's and Alexia's baptisms, cleary showing recovery.

I can't think of another royal family where the spouse of the heir suits in so well as in the Netherlands. Amazing.

I couldn't agree more! :flowers: I also like the fact that she seems so real. I guess her hair could have been fixed better but it never bothers me that much. She just seems real and not into all the superficial stuff, which is one of many reasons why I like her so much. I'm just glad to see her back at work.

Last edited:
i think she looks wonderful and those who complain about the hair... well, i see it bright and well kept. it obviously doesn't stay in place every time she moves, if that's what some people mean by "her hair in untidy", but if it did that would be a problem. hair for a 35 year old should be natural and move... she will have time to use gel and all that when she is older.

and as another poster said... under that hair, a great mind sits, which is after all what counts. i think she looked radiant and glad to be back at work.

is there a video from the speech? i'd love to hear her speaking in english.

Max looks healthy and back her "Princess" role. I just wish her clothes were more flattering- the color was ok, but not fabulous, and the tailoring is awful- it just doesn't help her a bit.

Maxima, please help us out- get a talented hair dresser who uses hair spray and a tailor to make all your clothes fit you to their best!

Nice seeing Maxima again.

But she is wearing SO much makeup, has anyone noticed that as well?
Her hair is nothig new ..

The same thought crossed my mind, especially when I looked at today's pics. Glad I am not the only one..:)

I just hope she doesn't pick up Beatrix' habit of using 3 cans of hairspray per day. From that perspective I prefer her hair how it is these days and I thought she looked lovely today. I am glad she's back and I admire her I-can-handle-everything attitude together with her smile. What a smart woman!

Maxima looks great, but she has problem with her hairdo

yeah, it is a bit messy but that is Maxima's look. i personally like it. i think its her declaration of independence. she is saying that becoming a princess hasnt changed her.

its also hilarious because its the exact opposite of beatrix.

It is so great to see her! She looked great, considering she had a child about 2 months ago. Her pearls were lovely, as was her outfit! Great job, Maxima!

It may be me just being ignorant but isn´t she back very soon after having given birth or is she just the coolest princess who doesn´t take advantage of maternity leave?

Anyway, it´s great to see her back. She looks stunning as always

ANP Beeldbank

I found this searching for the pictures of todays event. Found it pretty interesting. By the way Maxima looks wonderful as usual. It seems she hasn't lost all the weight from the pregnancy as quickly as she has the others.

Last edited:
It may be me just being ignorant but isn´t she back very soon after having given birth or is she just the coolest princess who doesn´t take advantage of maternity leave?

dutch law entitles Maxima to 16 weeks of maternity leave. usually divided into 6 weeks before the due date and 10 after. maxima was worked until 2 weeks before the birth and its now been about 10 weeks since the birth so she has definitely not taken all the time off that she could.

a pictures from isifa - isifa gallery
Maxima's hair looks abit darker. the necklace distracts the top part of the dress.

It is so nice seeing Princess Maxima again and she look wonderfull.

She looks wonderful always!! She looks so elegant!! I´m so happy for see her again!!!!

well, she didn't spend her pregnancy with soul searching thoughts about an improved hairdo, the same mess as usual (and I like her just the more because of it ;)) . ....
That was my first thought as well, Marengo, when I saw the footage on RTL Blvd. But then I also thought, Good for her, for caring about the subject matter at hand, and her daughters, more than making sure she gets enough hours at the hair dresser's! Definitely a woman who is more about content, than appearance! Although I also think <she>'s quite content somehow with that hairdo..shame. Oh well, maybe Alex likes it! ;)

yeah, it is a bit messy but that is Maxima's look. i personally like it. i think its her declaration of independence. she is saying that becoming a princess hasnt changed her.

its also hilarious because its the exact opposite of beatrix.
Good observation - I do agree though with Duke of Marmelade's observation too: that Maxima really does resemble her mom on law, also in gestures, it's just amazing indeed!

Wel, in the Netherlands is maternity leave just 10 weeks after the birth. Spartanian method. So she isn't so cool. Every working mother here starts even earlier.

Kenyan President Mwai Kibaki (2nd R) poses for a group photograph with visiting Dutch Princess, Princess Maxima (2nd L), who called on him at State House in Nairobi 27 June 2007. Princess Maxima is on a three-day visit of the east African nation to attend a UN Advisors Group on Inclusive Financial Sectors meeting and she will give a press conference Thursday, on microcredit in Africa. AFP PHOTO/HO/STRINGER

ANP Beelbank

Dutch Princess Maxima (2nd L) talks to the press next to Kenya's Finance minister Amos Kimunya (R) at his office 28 June 2007 in Nairobi. Princess Maxima is on a three-day visit in the east African nation to attend a UN Advisors Group on Inclusive Financial Sectors meeting. AFP PHOTO/SIMON MAINA

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Last edited:
She took her "Argentina micro credit collection 2005" with her.

She looks great. How long is she staying in Kenya?

Back
Top Bottom