Princess Máxima, Current Events 3 (October 2006 - April 2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She has worn this coat this year, hasn't she? Or something simmilar.
Someone should tell to dutch royals that every pregant woman need to have a pause. They shouldn't give her that much of work :rolleyes:

mims111 said:
She has worn this coat this year, hasn't she? Or something simmilar.
Someone should tell to dutch royals that every pregant woman need to have a pause. They shouldn't give her that much of work :rolleyes:
Is it the same coat she wore in Belgium some weeks ago?
I really like it!

prinsesbeagle said:
As for Henri: I'm not even going to bother commenting on the name thing. You're so obviously having a bad time right now that you can only radiate negativity. *ignoring you from now on*

:ermm: Don't know your problem, but it is ok by me.

foto14.JPG

I have also new pictures on my site from last days. www.patrickvankatwijk.nl

She looks amazing!

It seems that Maxima has more public appearances than her husband. Is that true, or does she just get more photos taken of her?

Henri M. said:
Why amazing, if I may ask?

And why not?
She looks great, happy and glowing, so yes, I also think Crown Princess Maxima looks amamzing.

marakimou said:
It seems that Maxima has more public appearances than her husband. Is that true, or does she just get more photos taken of her?
Uhm both I guess... Both they have every day work, but some are public some not. Máxima have last year more public events and her hsband is busy with his futuring job as King. But when the prince is in public there isn't much press comparing with Princess Máxima. He is always the same according people.. his clothes and hair..

That makes sense with the photographers wanting more pictures of her. The princesses, in general, seem to garner more photos than their spouses.

Crown Princess Maxima of the Netherlands listens to coments during a press conference 15 November 2006 in Halifax, Canada - pictures

She really should give up wear those type of shoes. Her legs are a tad bit too thick for ankle strap shoes or t-strap shoes. Plain pumps would show off her legs the best. These other shoes just make her legs looks chunky, especially with the white shiney nylons. Her outfit is very nice. Her hair, well, as discussed above, could be better, but then again, that is her trademark look.:flowers:

sesa said:
She really should give up wear those type of shoes.
It's hard to give up something that you love, right? And Máxima seems to like those kind of shoes alot! :lol:
But anyway, I would give her the same advise!

Her gold shoes would have looked alot better if they had been a softer shade of gold and not to yellowy...or so shiny! What about what they call distressed leather in gold color?

I think its unfair to say that Maxima does not show any type of style and grace. Yes, there are some occassions when Maxima does look "messy" and I hate to use that term cause basically its only her hair that comes across as unkempt. And perhaps she should get a trim....but I think her hair is rather thin so I am thinking that a trim won't do anything and you really can't fight the wind.

That being said...there are more times than not that Maxima does represent the Netherlands with grace, class and style. Also, as someone else mentioned she is a wife, the mother of two, with a third on the way and with a busy work calendar....as long as she is raising a loving family and is doing her duties with a smile (and I have yet to see evidence that that is not the case)...who cares if the hair (courtesy of the wind) looks a little unkempt at times. I would say that 85 to 90% of the time Maxima looks great.

Last edited:
Zonk said:
I think its unfair to say that Maxima does not show any type of style and grace. Yes, there are some occassions when Maxima does look "messy" and I hate to use that term cause basically its only her hair that comes across as unkempt. And perhaps she should get a trim....but I think her hair is rather thin so I am thinking that a trim won't do anything and you really can't fight the wind.

That being said...there are more times than not that Maxima does represent the Netherlands with grace, class and style. Also, as someone else mentioned she is a wife, the mother of two, with a third on the way and with a busy work calendar....as long as she is raising a loving family and is doing her duties with a smile (and I have yet to see evidence that that is not the case)...who cares if the hair (courtesy of the wind) looks a little unkempt at times. I would say that 85 to 90% of the time Maxima looks great.

that is very well said, couldnt disagree.:)

Henri M. said:
She used to be one of Europe's best dressed royals. I hope she will regain that position.

You bet!

I remember how much I liked her clothes in her beggining, like those beautiful scarfs she used to take and the so pretty dress she used in her engagement.

Again... Let's get back on topic. Posts about Maxima's recent clothes have been moved here
Princess Máxima's Pregnancy Fashion

There are lots of threads of other threads on the Fashion Forum where it would be much more appropriate to talk about.... FASHION!!!!
Crown Princess Maxima's Purses and Shoes
Crown Princess Máxima's Style and designers
Crown Princess Maxima's best outfits
Crown Princess Maxima's Gala Outfits
Crown Princess Maxima's Hair
Crown Princess Maxima's Hats
Crown Princess Maxima's Sunglasses

Last edited:
Mrs. Lieke Gaarlandt-van Voorst van Beesd, a lady-in-waiting of HM The Queen who was assigned to Maxima during time of her introduction in The Netherlands.

Ah! Thankyou very much Marengo. Is there anymore info on Mrs Gaarlandt van Voorst van Beesd?

Ottoline Antoinette Gaarlandt van Voorst van Beesd

BeatrixFan said:
Ah! Thankyou very much Marengo. Is there anymore info on Mrs Gaarlandt van Voorst van Beesd?

http://www.anp-photo.com/downloadpicturepreview.pp?id=1054909

We don't know much of her.
She is Ottoline Antoinette ('Lieke') Gaarlandt van Voorst van Beesd, aged 59 and since 1993 Hofdame in the personal service of Her Majesty The Queen. There are six Hofdames, under supervision of the Grandmastress (the Mistress of the Robes).

She studied French language and literature in Leyden University, in the same period as Queen Beatrix. She became a lecturer and an editor of Netherlands-French dictionaries and married with the owner of the Amsterdam-based publisher Balans, specialized in books on politics, history, arts and sciences. Her spouse comes from a family which has delivered a handful of majors and a governor, so is entangled in the governing elite of the country. She and her husband live in Wassenaar, the residential municipality where also the royal domain 'De Horsten' ('The Eyries') is located, housing Prince Willem-Alexander's villa 'Eikenhorst' ('The Eyrie in the Oakwoods').

:flowers:

Last edited:
15-12-2006 Amersfoort Princess Maxima arriving at the Kingdomconcert at the De Flint in Amersfoort.

Photos from PPE agency

Thanks mandyy. Maxima looks lovely, I like her outfit and her hair looks nicer than it has done in a while- there seems to be more volume :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom