Princess Máxima, Current Events 2 (May - October 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna_R

Heir Apparent
City
Rio de Janeiro
Country
Brazil
wapen_kinderen2.jpg

Welcome to the 2nd thread for Princess Máxima of The Netherlands' current events.

The old thread can be found here.

Please keep in mind our Posting Rules & Guidelines:
*this thread is only for current news and events;
*do not forget providing sources for all images and articles.;
*be respectful to the opinions of others, even if you disagree.

Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
May 10 2006 In Hotel Des Indes in The hague, the princess received the first copy of the SEN-special ‘Working Girls’

Photos: PPE

Attachments

• 06051002.jpg
    06051002.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 253
  • 06051005.jpg
    06051005.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 233
  • 06051006.jpg
    06051006.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 287
  • 06051007.jpg
    06051007.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 270
  • 06051008.jpg
    06051008.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 242
  • 06051009.jpg
    06051009.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 222
  • 06051010.jpg
    06051010.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 594
  • 06051015.jpg
    06051015.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 217
  • 06051016.jpg
    06051016.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 341
  • 06051001.jpg
    06051001.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 232
more from ANP & PPE

Attachments

• 3051653.jpg
    3051653.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 220
  • 3051657.jpg
    3051657.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 241
  • 06051003.jpg
    06051003.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 216
  • 06051019.jpg
    06051019.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 193
  • 06051018.jpg
    06051018.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 209
  • 06051014.jpg
    06051014.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 197
  • 06051012.jpg
    06051012.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 201
  • 06051011.jpg
    06051011.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 282
  • 06051004.jpg
    06051004.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 198
Thank you for images! Maxima looks (in my opinion) older for her age. But she is stil beautiful.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics.
Love the jacket. :)

More from Royal Images

Attachments

• RI100502.jpg
    RI100502.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 189
  • RI100503.jpg
    RI100503.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 226
  • RI100504.jpg
    RI100504.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 288
  • RI100508.jpg
    RI100508.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 215
  • RI100509.jpg
    RI100509.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 293
mims111 said:
Thank you for images! Maxima looks (in my opinion) older for her age. But she is stil beautiful.
Know what you mean. Either in pictures she looks very girly, or she has this matronly look--in some pictures there even seems to be a physical resemblance between her and Beatrix.

princess olga said:
Know what you mean. Either in pictures she looks very girly, or she has this matronly look--in some pictures there even seems to be a physical resemblance between her and Beatrix.

She even starts wearing as many bracelets as Beatrix usually does ;)

Marengo said:
She even starts wearing as many bracelets as Beatrix usually does ;)

haha so true. gotta say I like that multi-bracelet look on the queen. Sophia of Spain, who is of course great friends with Beatrix, also has this look.

And as for Maxima looking older than her age, or younger sometimes--it might have a lot to do with the photographs. I know tons of people who in pictures look entirely different from the real-life version. Generally the rule seems to be: whatever someone looks like in a photo, in real life they look ten times better. Which in Maxima's case means she must be a real stunner irl.

Thanks God she is not wearing those ankle strap shoes that she loves so much and make her look like a fat doll

Thanks to everyone for the photos...and Jess, thanks for those without watermarks! CPMaxima just oozes charisma, doesn't she? I get a kick out of her constant enthusiasm.

princess olga said:

Let's just hope we won't get a Maximakapsel:eek::D:D

In looking at photos from the dutch royal family and their activities is appears as if Maxima is the heir and not William. At the award ceremony today Maxima spoke but at least there we no pictures of the Queen or William doing the same.

Maxima looked soo elegant and pretty with that mint green outfit ;)

grevinnan said:
In looking at photos from the dutch royal family and their activities is appears as if Maxima is the heir and not William. At the award ceremony today Maxima spoke but at least there we no pictures of the Queen or William doing the same.

Reminds me of Mary and Frederick. :cool:

Thanks everybody for the beautiful photos of Maxima. She always looks so happy to be serving for her adopted homeland. :)

grevinnan said:

Well, I actually don't know if the Queen or Willem-Alexander made a speech at all, the official website of the Royal Household doesn't say anything about it. Maybe it was Maxima's turn this time?
About W-A being in her shadow, I wondered about that many times myself too. But I normally see him as kind of a victim of history. In a country were Queens have been in the spot lights for over a century, the press might have some problems adapting to the fact that there actually is a man who is going to be sovereign and not a woman. :p And next to that, Maxima's great and bubbly personality doesn't help much either.

I agree with you Maxie, the people of The Netherlands must be so used to having a Queen sit on the throne, that they automatically see Maxima as an actual future soverign queen purely by habit. And yes, Maxima's personality is also a reason and c'mon, she is very beautiful, of course people are going to be focusing on her rather than Willem! :)

To be honest, the Crownprince has numerous events of his own. They are covered by newspapers as well, but here on these boards they are not as popular, and thus we see less pictures of him. I guess another grey suit is not as exciting as looking at Maxima's wardrobe :)
When I see the couple together it is Maxima who gets most attention, but it is not as visibly of-key as with Charles-Diana. And apart from that, the Crownprince really doesn't seem to mind, instead he visibly enjoys to see how his wife won over the dutch hearts...

Last edited:
Yes, that's true, Marengo. Last week he visit the coast and the east of the Netherlands. Didn't see any pics of these visits here. I guess I have to search for them, so people can see that he's busy too. :)

I just learned that Maxima was born in 1971, and am a bit shocked. Don't get me wrong, she is a very attractive woman and my heart goes out to anybody who chooses to marry into a royal family, but her skin just looks so much older.

Did she have a rough childhood, or is she very stressed, or is there another reason? I don't know much about her, so sorry if this question has already been raised in the past. Thanks!

PreDoc said:
I just learned that Maxima was born in 1971, and am a bit shocked. Don't get me wrong, she is a very attractive woman and my heart goes out to anybody who chooses to marry into a royal family, but her skin just looks so much older.

Did she have a rough childhood, or is she very stressed, or is there another reason? I don't know much about her, so sorry if this question has already been raised in the past. Thanks!

I think she comes across more mature, the way she dresses etc and probably her skin has aged due to too much sun.

I too was a little shocked when i first found out her age, I think she could pass for late 30's.

I don't mean that she looks really bad or anything, she has a smile that is very special but she just comes across as older than her years.

When I think of Princess Mary of Denmark or even Mette-Marit or Norway I think of young women, there is something more mature about Maxima.

Funny you should say that, because I think Mary looks sort of 'old' due to her clothes and her smile not really radiating warmth. As for Maxima's skin: too much sun. But there are also other reasons imho why she seems more mature: her charisma, she just comes across as a warm, grown-up, mature and smart woman, instead of a 'girl'. And since shes nearly 35, that only seems logical to me.

The reasons she held a short speech - other people did as well - is because one of the recipients is seen as the founder of the Micro Credit system. So it was only logical for her to say something, and not other members of the RF.

I think that Maxima exposes her too much to sun. She has a blonde skin, and it can't take the sun so easily. I said this for I have the same problem. But since I don't like to be exposed to the sun , I have the sking ina quite good condition...(Hehe) :p

Vanesa.

Actually I do not think she looks older then her age, she just looks her age. It's true that her skin might not be flawless, but it isn't that shocking either (not to me any way). Some of her clothes do make her look a bit older, but in over-all I don't think her style is to heavy. We also have to take in consideration that she can not wear to 'open' clothes and that she doesn't have the mannequin figure of Mary and Letizia.
I agree with prinsesbeagle that the way she carries her self seems amture, confiden, charismatic and not girly. Which is normal for a (carreer)woman of her age.

I was about to say the same thing Marengo, I dont think its her skin, yes she has freckles and when she smiles you can see some wrinkles but i think that´s pretty normal for all of us human beings.
I think it is more about her clothes that gives her a mature when she is in The Netherlands, maybe for protocol rules. I read in many boards that everytime she is in Argentina she looks happier but take a look at the clothes she wears. It make her looks much younger.

the reason for maxima's skin is definetely that sun in south america is far more scorching, abrassing than in any countries of europe, let alone the netherlands. even when she was the prince's fiance, her skin was quite damaged. moreover, having lived in south america, i would say most of the ladies there are not very concerned about the long term bad effects of sun, and actually don't really bother too much because of those little stains that the skin gets when there is a lot of sun exposure. it's something that actually looks good for them. i don't want to offend anyone, i lived there quite a lot of years ago, and perhaps now "sun fashion" changed. i'm talking about my experience at that time.

i also noticed a big change in maxima's wardrobe from the initial time as fiance to when she married and about a year after that and now, from young, original and chic-er outfits to probably a more protocolar and distinctive wardrobe. it definetely is a more "mature" style (perhaps showing adaptation to her role, i have the impression she is taking a lot of hints from her mother in law, the queen), which is in my opinion what gives her that mature look. i wish sometimes she wore more outfits as in the beginning, make a combination of both styles, since she will have a lot of time to wear the mature ones...

Last edited:
I don't think it's her clothes which are too blame. Obviously her position requires consideration, but Maxima is noted for her love of colors and somewhat flamboyant style. Let's not forget that gorgeous red dress from the King of Sweden's brithday party. Compared to the other crown princesses, she dresses flamboyantly, and IMO, "young".

I think Maxima's skin look older than her years, because of sun damage - spots, and a slightly leather-y look, esp when she tans. I wish she would get some of the available facial treatments (microdermabrasion, laser resurfacing, etc) to help. I know it sounds shallow to talk about skin, but I think it's as much a part of her appearance as her wardrobe or hair, for example, and equally up for discussion.

Having said that, I really like her causes and warm manner. And a great complexion and wardrobe cannot make up for a lack of substance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom