Princess Máxima, Current Events 2 (May - October 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this one needs to go to the far, far corner of her closet.

I am wondering if this was the dress we just got a peek at on Queensday? Do you recall she was wearing a brown coat most of the time but there was an instant where some material peeked out and I think this might have been it. Sorry, I am horrible with computers so don't know how to post old photos here. At any rate, glad she kept the coat on!

Emily said:
I am wondering if this was the dress we just got a peek at on Queensday?
Yes, I was wondering the same! I think it's the same dress!
I quite like it on her!:)

Emily said:
I am wondering if this was the dress we just got a peek at on Queensday? Do you recall she was wearing a brown coat most of the time but there was an instant where some material peeked out and I think this might have been it. Sorry, I am horrible with computers so don't know how to post old photos here. At any rate, glad she kept the coat on!
It´s definitely the same dress – and really not one of her most flattering ones. But since Maxima doesn’t repeat her dresses several times, this is hopefully the last time she wears this outfit;)
BTW here are two pics from Queensday. (ppe)

good lawd, lets hope so. that is the most awful dress ever, including some of the doosies her sis inlaws wear. oh my
is there a thread for awful dresses? this needs to be in the hall of fame.

Well it's not THAT bad...but I do agree that she should not wear this to often...It just zaps her coloring. She looks lifeless and bland.
She looks amazing in red but why does she have to over-do it? She should try mixing in some small details in sober colors....or something like that.

TLLK said:
I think this one needs to go to the far, far corner of her closet.

Just my thoughts. :ermm:
I think this things doesn't look flattering at all on her.

:lol: :lol:
bbb said:
good lawd, lets hope so. that is the most awful dress ever, including some of the doosies her sis inlaws wear. oh my
is there a thread for awful dresses? this needs to be in the hall of fame.
You are so right, this is an awful dress!!!

Her dress sense is very unique as is her sister in laws'.

Wow, I really don't like this dress. What was she thinking?!?!

It is probably one of these dresses that looks better in real life. I trust the excellent taste of Eduard Vermeulen almost blindly (the designer).

The dress might not be one of the greatest Maxima ever wore (though I don't particularly dislike it) but Maxima looks really good. she is simply glowing!

Thanksss !!!
I like much when she uses the hairdos for the hair.

monica821 said:
Thanksss !!!
I like much when she uses the hairdos for the hair.

Me too. Her hair is certainly getting longer again. It makes her look younger.

Why is that Maxima is not with all the family members for the 10th Anniversary of Prince Claus Fund? Any special event by herself?

yes, the one with the unflattering dress (receiving a report in The Hague).

That is not an attractive dress. Wow. She should make some pillowcases out of that thing so she's not tempted to wear it again.

Sister Morphine said:
That is not an attractive dress. Wow. She should make some pillowcases out of that thing so she's not tempted to wear it again.
I'm with the concensus on this one--for some reason, this dress reminds me of an old tree stump. That said, despite that, and despite her hair looking like it could use a good wash, Maxima looks younger there than usual?!
Frankly I actually don't think fashion is a crown princess's biggest concern--as long as Maxima keeps up cranking out wisdoms like she did in her most recent speeches (or, as long as she keeps the same very good speech writer?)she'll be just fine, winning over sceptics like moi.:rolleyes:

Has anyone translated that speech into English -- or even the highlights of it? I have read the comments that it was such a good speech and would love to read it!

I really like this CP but I think her clothing choices need to be extremely carefully made and that did not happen here. She is just such a seemingly nice person BUT iI hope I never see that dress again.

I read in 'Spits' today (18 september 2006) that last week Princess Maxima gave a lecture at the university of Leiden to 24 master students of Latin American culture and language. The topic was microcredits in South America. According to a student the princess was very clear and her economic background was evident.

18-09-2006 The Hague Princess Maxima has received a copy of the book '30 planns for a better Holland' in the Pulchri Studio in The Hague.

from ppe

This must be one of her favourite outfits. It's very colourful....much like herself.

Sorry, but although I like the colours of this costume, the cutting makes her look a bit plump. And I would love to see her with longer hairs again, it suited the proportions of her face better. But the necklace is lovely! :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom