Princess Máxima, Current Events 2 (May - October 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
EmmieLou said:
I think she comes across more mature, the way she dresses etc and probably her skin has aged due to too much sun.

I too was a little shocked when i first found out her age, I think she could pass for late 30's.

Delurking to chime in...

I am the same age and about the same weight/figure as Maxima (might be why she's a favorite!) but I think I look substantially younger than she does. I don't think it's her clothing, per se, a lot of the CPs wear similar clothing. But I think she was a 'sun goddess' in her youth, as a lot of our generation were. Tanning beds, time baking by the pool and at the beach, trying to see how dark a tan we can get. I think she simply has sun damage and that is what we're seeing as 'aged.'

OK, going to crawl back under my rock now. I just wanted to chime in, because I see so many of my contemporaries looking exactly the same way (my sister in laws skin is almost identical to Maximas).

I meant I was just looking at that webiste!
Sorry I am working here (or trying ;) ), listening to the radio and writing this message!.

a pic of thuesday, more on my own picture site

foto14.JPG

Beutiful picture Patrick; can you post one without mark??

Thanks for that great picture!

Nice site!

Wonderful site Patrick! Thanks for providing us the link.

xxPatrickxx said:
a pic of thuesday, more on my own picture site
Thank you xxPat. I love the dress but with each photo I see of her I become more and more suspiscious about her true age. I have never seen a 35 year old with deep creases in her forehead like that.

I believe she is lying about her age and hasn't been found out yet, and if she is I think I may just like her even more! Anyway, does anybody know how she spent her birthday?

PreDoc said:
Thank you xxPat. I love the dress but with each photo I see of her I become more and more suspiscious about her true age. I have never seen a 35 year old with deep creases in her forehead like that.

I believe she is lying about her age and hasn't been found out yet, and if she is I think I may just like her even more! Anyway, does anybody know how she spent her birthday?

I think this is just a woman type. These women get the first wrinkle in their thirtheen, the new ones in twenty, but look younger in their fifty...I would prefer to be a wrinkled princess with cheerful and sunny smile than gloomy charwoman with no one wrinle :)

AquaMarine said:
I think this is just a woman type. These women get the first wrinkle in their thirtheen, the new ones in twenty, but look younger in their fifty...I would prefer to be a wrinkled princess with cheerful and sunny smile than gloomy charwoman with no one wrinle :)
I guess you are talking about the women who married royal heirs in Spain, Norway and Denmark and I agree with you about them, but I meant no disrespect towards Maxima ... I love her attitude and style and I have said before that she is the most secure Crown Princess (well, after Camilla) because her husband loves her. In too many other cases it seems the Crown Princess loves the combination to the bank vault instead of the actual Prince. I did not mean to be vague, sorry.

Last edited:
According to television the princess spend her brithday at home, without any argentinian relatives present. Though she probably had many dutch friends/relatives drop by for a visit.

On the last picture (posted by Patrick) it seems that she has a rather wrinkled forehead indeed. But somehow it is a bit comforting for all of us that she is not the perfect woman (in appearance) but she can look more dashing then any other (at times) & outshine them all, with her electrifying smile and positive energy. I agree with you PreDoc, the affection/love between WA and Maxima seems to be there...all the time. I notice (on camera) that they still shine when they look at each other & they always seem to be able to make fun together.

PreDoc said:
I guess you are talking about the women who married royal heirs in Spain, Norway and Denmark and I agree with you about them, but I meant no disrespect towards Maxima ... I love her attitude and style and I have said before that she is the most secure Crown Princess (well, after Camilla) because her husband loves her. In too many other cases it seems the Crown Princess loves the combination to the bank vault instead of the actual Prince. I did not mean to be vague, sorry.
Maxima married into one of the wealthiest RFs in Europe. So if you think(I don't) everything revolves arround money, then Maxima is the one that has a lot to smile and be happy about. If you are talking about the scandinivian crown princesses I can say that the Danish and the Norweigan Crown princesses married into some of the poorest RFs. Appart from what they get from thier governments, they do not have any significant private fortune to write home about. So your "bank vault" argument is not very strong. btw what a stupid assumption to say that Maxima lied about her age:confused:

Last edited:
PreDoc said:

why is Maxima the most secure Crown Princess ??? " because her husband loves her" .................... so does all the other Crown Prince's ... haakon , Prince Fredrick have they just married because they had too???? dont think so !!
and that bit about " Combination to the bank Vault Instead of the actual Prince " is just plain silly.

fromEU said:
Maxima married into one of the wealthiest RFs in Europe. So if you think(I don't) everything revolves arround money, then Maxima is the one that has a lot to smile and be happy about. If you are talking about the scandinivian crown princesses I can say that the Danish and the Norweigan Crown princesses married into some of the poorest RFs. Appart from what they get from thier governments, they do not have any significant private fortune to write home about. So your "bank vault" argument is not very strong. btw what a stupid assumption to say that Maxima lied about her age:confused:

The wealth of the house of Orange is not known. Sources around the court recently said that the Queen does not even own a million euros while Edwin de Roy van Zuydewijn says they own 7 billion. Forbes estimates the RF at 220 million euros, but the late prince Bernhard told a magazine: Trix heeft niks (Trix has nothing), in relation to her capital.
Personally I think that, although the RF aren't beggars, they sure are not as rich as even Forbes suggests, as they live quite modestly and do not aquire anything anymore (houses/ jewels etc), instead they are selling the villa in Italy of Juliana and Bernhard for example.

Lying about her age???

Lying about her age? Thats absurd!
I saw a scanned picture of her Argentinian id, dni (documento nacional de identidad) ... with the id number and complete date of her birthday.
And She is Maxima Zorreguieta just like that, not a middle name.

She has some wrinkles but she is smiling, besides she has reasons to be happy. I read her friends and family at the wedding were feeling like they were in a dream. She might feel like this everyday. She loves her daughters, husband, nice position, travels. Maybe She needs to pinch herself to feel all this is real.
I read in a magazine, since a kid she felt amazed for everything was foreign.
She travels to many countries around the world for a reason not just to take a picture and being a simple tourist.
She can reach much more people from where she is now. She works in topics she is interested plus I believe she has a great team of assistants.
She has many reasons to smile plus her personality is carefree, friendly and spontaneous.

My sister is 26 and she goes every week to the tanning bed, believe me, when i see her smile, i see some wrinkles in her fronthead and she is only 26!.

Her family had and hass money, she has grown up into wealth, of course not in a way like the Dutch Royal family.
But what I mean is not that she woke up and she became wealth, so in a way she is used to it.
I think she is a person who likes to work hard. She showed that in New York, in Belgium and The Netherlands. And I think W-A is not stupid man, he can tell the one who is next to him is real or fake.

Oh take a look at her school website!. She is class 1988 at 17 years old with her best friend Samantha Dean.

go to alumni, former pupils, class 1988. You can see all her classmates.

http://northlands.org.ar/home.htm

Sorry but i disagree!
Being secure is a feeling born in yourself, not because someone else loves you. She is far intelligent and she proves that everytime in her speeches and public acts. A person who is happy with himself and intelligent is very secure to me.
It has nothing to do with wealth or beauty. I have met some beautiful women who were the most insecure people.

Readind the comments of some local politicians. It seems Maxima is full of class that make her really beautiful.

I totally agree with Orianna. Maxima is the most secure princess I have seen thus far. By this I mean that she seems to enjoy what she does with charisma and intelligence. Not to say in the least that the other crown princess don't, they just all have their own style. The fact that anyone can see that her prince loves her is not secret. He shows it with such confidence. But sm1939 I respect your opinion as well.

Kelly said:
I totally agree with Orianna. Maxima is the most secure princess I have seen thus far. By this I mean that she seems to enjoy what she does with charisma and intelligence. Not to say in the least that the other crown princess don't, they just all have their own style. The fact that anyone can see that her prince loves her is not secret. He shows it with such confidence. But sm1939 I respect your opinion as well.

I agree that her husband does show his love for her, but I meant that all the other crown Prince's show there love for there wifes , as well , thats all.

Didn't Maxima attend an event with Prince Willem yesterday?

Kelly said:
Didn't Maxima attend an event with Prince Willem yesterday?
Yes, you are right...but there are no pictures so far :(

There aren't going to be any pics of that one. It was a so-called unexpected visit. Well, unexpected in that way that the press didn't know about it. :(

But it was posted on their website! Too bad!:(

Yes, but only after they visited the school... I know, it's a pity. But we'll live... ;)

W-A and Maxima will come with Queen Beatrix to Belgium the first day of the state visit , at the end of june .

A pity for us, but for the school it must have been more fun enjoying the PoO and his wife without all the camera's :)
--

Good to hear that WA and Maxima are joining the Queen. I am very glad that they started this (I believe already to Chile and Brazil in 2002), as it means that the Queen is not standing alone all the time. Now, I am hoping for a couple of 'Whopper' tiara's in Brussels as well, but probably that won't happen, as both the dutch as the belgian royals seem to be very modest in that aspect. I also hope that Queen Fabiola will attend the state banquet, finally some competition to Beatrix helmet ;) Maybe we can do tele-voting (like in dancing with the stars & idols) and cast a winner....

sm1939 said:
I agree that her husband does show his love for her, but I meant that all the other crown Prince's show there love for there wifes , as well , thats all.

Agreed! And every couple shows their affection in a complete other way of course. All the crownprinces are cleasrly very fond of their wives (and the other way around), and it seems they all really married for love, so good for them (and us, as we can enjoy the pictures)!

Yes, televoting about the hair would be cool. :p
I always thought it was policy that W-A and Maxima only accompagnied the Queen on state visits outside Europe (The Queen is going to Latvia all by herself within a couple of days, for example). I'm glad they will join the Queen for the first day (and the State Banquet... tiara's! Whoopi!). I also read on a Dutch board that Constantijn and Laurentien are invited too, but I don't know if it's true. And Laurentien really must be heavily pregnant by then, so we porbably won't see much of them... :)

It would be nice to see them at a statebanquet, but indeed, Laurentien must be heavily pregnant. It could be funny though, she and Claire would have another competition going on for the most outrageous creation. I always find it a pity that Constantijn and Laurentien do not attend those things now, but they have their own carreer of course. We probably have to wait untill WA becomes king to see them attending those visits.

I believe it is a courtesy-thing to invite them if they live in the country you visit. For example, Princess Irene and the Duke of Parma also attended the state banquet when Queen Juliana and Prince Benrhard paid a statevisit to France, where the couple was living (btw: the same evening the Queen stood eye-to-eye & shook hands with the Helene Grinda, mother of Alexia Lejeune!).

Marengo said:
It could be funny though, she and Claire would have another competition going on for the most outrageous creation.

Now, they definitely have to show up, Laurentien being heavily pregnant or not! I wouldn't want to miss this competition for the world... :p I think Laurentien would win it, hands down. She has worn several galadresses which are a category of their own... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom