The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 05:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I like the color of the jacket. It reminds me of the engagement dress.
I had the same feeling about the outfit, TLLK. The colour, and the fact that she was wearing a brooch, (of course not the same one as the one she wore to her engagement) also brought me back to that moment. Her hair is now also a little bit darker than in previous years, IMHO, which makes the hole appearance similar to the 2001 version of Máxima.

The skirt fitted her very, very well and the cut above the knee didn't strike me as "daring", like Hola magazine states, but really feminine. ..

Old 04-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

I think the skirt is nice and she carry it well, but what I really love here is the jacket! Wonderful colour on her! But for next time the Princess recycles this outfit... I hope it will be with different shoes. The ones she is wearing are ugly and are not proper to her kind of legs, imo.

Old 04-03-2008, 03:51 PM
Serene Highness

I love her outfit! Maxima has really lost all the pregnancy fat. She looks amazing!
Old 04-04-2008, 05:44 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Today, Maxima at the opening of the SIM Trade Fair

ANP Beeldbank

PPE´s Gallery

PPE Agency
Old 04-04-2008, 01:01 PM
Majesty

Simply fantastic,nuestra chica latina!
Old 04-05-2008, 07:56 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Well, the smile is fantastic as usual, but you would expect they have a comb at Villa Eikenhorst (or maybe they lent them all to the exhibition they have on Palace Het Loo at the moment).

And I am not a fan of leopard print either, I still have nightmares of GD Maria Theresa in a leopard print dress on a party of her s-i-l Marie-Astrid. At least it is a recycled dress, so no money was spend on it now.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:31 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Well, the smile is fantastic as usual, but you would expect they have a comb at Villa Eikenhorst (or maybe they lent them all to the exhibition they have on Palace Het Loo at the moment).

And I am not a fan of leopard print either, I still have nightmares of GD Maria Theresa in a leopard print dress on a party of her s-i-l Marie-Astrid. At least it is a recycled dress, so no money was spend on it now.
LOL,oh you poor thing.Nighmares of leopardprint dresses.Usually not my choice for a woman either,can look very vulgar/cheap,just yuck yuck.But Máxima pulls it off like she pulls off anything,be it a patato bag or a AH tas.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
LOL,oh you poor thing.Nighmares of leopardprint dresses.Usually not my choice for a woman either,can look very vulgar/cheap,just yuck yuck.But Máxima pulls it off like she pulls off anything,be it a patato bag or a AH tas.
I don't like the printeithr butshe pull it very well, it is simple dress, just the sahll i don't like it at all. i wonder what does she do with all the flowers thatse always receve?anyones knows?
Old 04-06-2008, 03:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
I don't like the printeithr butshe pull it very well, it is simple dress, just the sahll i don't like it at all. i wonder what does she do with all the flowers thatse always receve?anyones knows?
I seem to have the idea in my head that they are donated to places like hospitals, but I have no idea (at all!) why I think that, and normally when I don't know why I think something there is a great chance that it is wrong....
Sorry, but thats the best I can do.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:52 AM
Moderator Emeritus

SIMTRADE FAIR 2008 IN ROTTERDAM
Gallery
London Features International
Old 04-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmi View Post
I seem to have the idea in my head that they are donated to places like hospitals, but I have no idea (at all!) why I think that, and normally when I don't know why I think something there is a great chance that it is wrong....
Sorry, but thats the best I can do.
I am not sure if that also happens to the flowers they receive at these events, I can imagine that there is enough space in their own house to put some flowers. But the flowers they get for bigger events, like birthdays and births are usually distributed to a hospital or home for the elderly.

---

To lucien, here a picture, so you can see what the leopard nightmare looks like
Old 04-07-2008, 07:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I am not sure if that also happens to the flowers they receive at these events, I can imagine that there is enough space in their own house to put some flowers. But the flowers they get for bigger events, like birthdays and births are usually distributed to a hospital or home for the elderly.

---

Ok, Thanks Marengo. They are often beautiful flowers - I wouldnt mind having them in my home!

And, yes, nightmare is the word!
Old 04-08-2008, 01:19 AM
Majesty

Quote:

---

Oh Gawd!!A "Wallen outfit with matching skin"!!!
Old 04-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Moderator Emeritus

It seems that Princess Maxima has been in Brussels today.

May be someone can translate this?
Het Koninklijk Huis
Old 04-08-2008, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
It seems that Princess Maxima has been in Brussels today.

May be Lucien can translate this?
Het Koninklijk Huis
It seems Máxima has joined a meeting of the Brussel Dutch Women Network.
The Princess was holding a Speech for 45 women who were attending that meeting. It dealed with the topic "Women at work".

Old 04-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Correct HM!
The ladies are all working in Brussels for the EU and among them was 'Iron Neelie', eurocomissioner Neelie Kroes. The group tries to network this way as it isn't easy for dutch women at the top (we have the lowest rate of women at work and in top functions of the EU I believe). The group has 160 members.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:33 PM
Majesty

HRH Princess Máxima will speech at a meeting organised by the Inter-American Development bank,the Latin-American Federation of Banks and Womens World Banking,Buenos Aires,april 22nd.

HRH will also hold talks/meetings with the president of the Central Bank of Argentina,the minister of economic affairs and production as well as others in the field of micro-credit.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:51 PM
Courtier

Oh that's good news. Is she coming alone? For how long is she staying here?
Old 04-11-2008, 02:57 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verde Esmeralda View Post
Oh that's good news. Is she coming alone? For how long is she staying here?
Just for a few days,at the most.She will certainly be back on april 27th,Alexander´s birthday.It´s really work now,and a family hug ofcourse.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:30 AM
Administrator

The website of the RF has a picture of Maxima in Brussels for the network meeting.

Click here.

I am wondering what the guy is doing there though, as it was about a female's network.