The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 5 (August 2005 - Feb 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the crown couples have plans for christening of her baby daughter? and have chose godparents yet?

Sara Boyce

Nothing about this has been made public yet. Also countess Luana of Oranje-Nassau (daughter of Prince Friso and Mabel Wisse-Smit) and Felicia van Lippe-Biesterfeld van Vollenhoven (daughter of Prince Maurits and Princess Marilene) stil have to be baptised.

Marengo said:
Nothing about this has been made public yet. Also countess Luana of Oranje-Nassau (daughter of Prince Friso and Mabel Wisse-Smit) and Felicia van Lippe-Biesterfeld van Vollenhoven (daughter of Prince Maurits and Princess Marilene) stil have to be baptised.
Isn't Luana baptised yet?? Wasn't she born in February?

I never heard anything about it, so I think she wasn't. The house of Orange usually takes it's time between the birth and the actual baptism though (half a year is average I would say)

Máxima and Willem-Alexander at Pieter-Christíaan´s wedding.
maxima looks great!The suit was designed by Valentino

Attachments

• maxima y willem.jpg
    maxima y willem.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 1,522
Princess Maxima said:
Máxima and Willem-Alexander at Pieter-Christíaan´s wedding.
maxima looks great!The suit was designed by Valentino
I hate the suit, maybe it was Valentino but I do not like it. Her hat was bad too.

I like the dress :)

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 735
  • pre-SEEGER00145891.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00145891.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 463
  • pre-SEEGER00145892.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00145892.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 1,028
Yes, I like the dress too. But the hat ...:eek:

i really like her outfit looks nice! and hats looks so BIG!

Sara Boyce

Yikes! My eyes! (They still haven't recovered from Laurentien's creation.)

Aren't hats that big kinda rude for the others who happen to sit behind them? I doubt the view is the best.

I'm not a fan of her suit. It could have been a better fit.

The hat is NOT flattering...and there's too much red everywhere...it clashes with everything including the red carpet. I love red but I never would have thought of it, its too much on that carpet.

Willem-Alexander's suit doesn't seem like it fits either. What is it with the Holland princes? They always look like their tailor got a few measurements wrong. Pieter-Christiaan's uniform didn't look like it fit too well either.

The dress and hat are not the greatest. She could have done better. She is always so nicely dressed. What happened?????

The color suits her well, but the hat was ridiculous! I suspect that she chose this dress style to accomodate her still recovering figure.

Maxima's outfit with the huge hat attracts a lot of attention, to say the least. Almost too much attention considering it is someone else's wedding. At a wedding, the bride and only the bride should be the center of attention because it's her special day. Maybe the photographer thought the same because in the group picture, Maxima was towards the end. We do see the hat though.

Máxima

Maxima´s hat, i think it was very original...:)From HOLA!.COM

Attachments

• maxima y willem4.jpg
    maxima y willem4.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 924
Last edited:
The outfit was Natan. MT of Luxembourg wore a similar coat a few years back. The hat was Fabienne Delevigne, a Belgian. This isn't one of her best outfits and she seems to overshadow the bride, a no-no for weddings. The hat is terrible and tacky. This has to be one of her worst ever wedding outfits -- and probably one of her worst ever outfits. It does nothing for her.

The colors of the outfit are great on Maxima, the dress I LOVE, but the hat is a little too big for my tastes. Compared to some of the other women, she looks lovely and spirited. It's great to see her out again.

this is definetly one of her worst....too much red...ugly hat....too big.....tooo much of everything

Love the hat, but wrong occasion for wearing it.

Plus, she should have put her hair up. Maxima also has a round face, a bit "chubby" cheeks, I think a hat like this looks its absolute best on someone with a very slim face. Not an easy model to wear!

I thought somebody said itwas Valentino and not Natan? I like the dress and hat, she is having fun, which is appropriate for a wedding like this (Martha-Louise's spanish fun was to much in my eyes).

i loved to see maxima again, but that hat wasn't entirely flattering. tiny hats don't suit her (for example, those little ones princess alexandra of denmark usually wears) but this big one didn't seem to be the best one either. looked too much to me.

loved those shoes though! http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=186112 i think they look cute with that pink thing... :) does anyone know who designed them?

can't wait to see her more often!

Last edited:
Maxima seems to wear Natan shoes a lot, so Edouard Vermeulen, who owns the label, may be responsible for the shoes.

The coat she wore is an exact copy of Natan's coat for Maria Teresa of Luxembourg, so either Valentino copied (which is highly unlikely) or she wore Natan.

ok, it is more a natan coat anyway, valentino's creations tend to be more feminine. Anyway, dispite many of us disliking the parasol on Maxima's head, she is up for this weeks 'most elegant woman of the week' in hellomagazine.

I always think Maxima goes over board with her clothes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom