The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 5 (August 2005 - Feb 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, i guess the tallness genes come from Maxima's mom's side.
the height difference between her and Dolores is unbelievable!

pollyemma said:
yeah, i guess the tallness genes come from Maxima's mom's side.
the height difference between her and Dolores is unbelievable!

yes, i was thinking the same thing, pollyemma.
the cerutti side must have very good genes... height and probably blonde hair.

purple_platinum said:
yes, i was thinking the same thing, pollyemma.
the cerutti side must have very good genes... height and probably blonde hair.

indeed. Maxima seems generally to look more like her mom (though there are unmistakable traces of Jorge as well) I hope for Maxima's sake she looks as beautiful as her mom when she reaches that age.

rosalyn said:
What is the age difference between the sisters? thanks

Posted by Henri M. at BRMB :

Máxima Zorreguieta Cerruti (1971), married in Amsterdam 02-02-2002 HRH Prince Willem-Alexander Claus Georg Ferdinand, The Prince of Orange, Prince of the Netherlands, Prince of Orange-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg (1967)

PARENTS
Jorge Horacio Zorreguieta Stefanini (1928), farmer, former politician, president of the Centro Azucarero Argentino, president of the Fundación Vasco Argentina Juan de Garay,
son of the banker Juan Antonio Zorreguieta Bonorino (1899-1959) and of Cesina Stefanini Borella (1901-1999)
first married (and divorced) Marta López Gil and married secondly
María del Carmen Cerruti Carricart (1944), daughter Dr. Jorge Horacio Cerruti de Sautu (1911-1992), medical surgeon, and of María del Carmen Carricart Cieza (1915-1999)
-------------------------------------------------
FIRST MARRIAGE
halfsister María Zorreguieta López Gil (1956)
halfsister Ángeles Zorreguieta López Gil (1958)
halfsister Dolores Zorreguieta López Gil (1965) SECOND MARRIAGE
brother Martín Zorreguieta Cerruti (1972)
brother Juan Zorreguieta Cerruti (1982)
sister Inés Zorreguieta Cerruti (1984)

so the difference is about 6 years

Layla1971 said:
190cm is 6'4ft/76 inches and 180cm is 6ft/72 inches.

Thanks, Lalyla 1971! I'm always troubled by the fact I don't know the inches system. :rolleyes:

Maxie said:
Thanks, Lalyla 1971! I'm always troubled by the fact I don't know the inches system. :rolleyes:
In the US, they always tell us to learn the metric system because we are going to be converting soon. My mother said they told her the same lie when she was in school! Of course, for scientific purposes all students should learn the metric system.

Does anyone has Princess Maxima's mum picture ...i heard that she's beautiful and tall , i a little bit curious to see how she looks like ...Thanks ;)

Next year , there will be the World Cup football in Germany . And guess who's in the same group as the Netherlands ??
indeed ... Argentina !!!:)
I think this will be special for Maxima , her old country versus her new country . Especially because football is very populair in European , and also in the Netherlands. They have both strong football teams , but i think Argentina will be the groupswinner . Wondering wath Maxima is thinking;)

Emilia said:
Next year , there will be the World Cup football in Germany . And guess who's in the same group as the Netherlands ??
I think this will be special for Maxima , her old country versus her new country . Especially because football is very populair in European , and also in the Netherlands. They have both strong football teams , but i think Argentina will be the groupswinner . Wondering wath Maxima is thinking;)

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!:p
But i think Máxima will be secreatly cheering for Argentina;)

Emilia said:

I surely would be surprised if the Netherlands would be the group winner... :p so Máxima doesn't have to worry about a thing! She can support the Netherlands and silently be happy that the Argentines will be the winner of the group. ;)

Maxie said:
I surely would be surprised if the Netherlands would be the group winner... :p so Máxima doesn't have to worry about a thing! She can support the Netherlands and silently be happy that the Argentines will be the winner of the group. ;)

Thanks for the confidence!!!! :) (Actually, I would say Argentina will be the winner of the Cup?!:D ;) :) ).

The funny thing is that here, the group already got the nickname of the "Mortal one". In accodarnce with the information given by the sports journalists, Argentina's future contenders are: one of the best African teams, one of the strongest European ones and the "re-born Clockwise Orange" -it seems this was the nickname for The Netherlands National Team in the seventies.

I was just a little girl, but I do recall the 1978 World Cup final match between Argentina and The Netherlands and how long it seemed to be!!!!!!.

Back to princess Maxima, I am sure she will be happy as long as one of both National Teams wins the Cup at the end. But I do not think she would like the 1978 final to be repeated on this Cup, since no matter which teams becomes the "World Champion" and how happy she would be for it, she would also be sad for the defeated one.:(

Silvermj said:
Thanks for the confidence!!!! :) (Actually, I would say Argentina will be the winner of the Cup?!:D ;) :) ).

The funny thing is that here, the group already got the nickname of the "Mortal one". In accodarnce with the information given by the sports journalists, Argentina's future contenders are: one of the best African teams, one of the strongest European ones and the "re-born Clockwise Orange" -it seems this was the nickname for The Netherlands National Team in the seventies.

I was just a little girl, but I do recall the 1978 World Cup final match between Argentina and The Netherlands and how long it seemed to be!!!!!!.

Back to princess Maxima, I am sure she will be happy as long as one of both National Teams wins the Cup at the end. But I do not think she would like the 1978 final to be repeated on this Cup, since no matter which teams becomes the "World Champion" and how happy she would be for it, she would also be sad for the defeated one.:(
Yes, I think so too. I'm glad that I'm not Máxima! Such a dilemma! ;) But Holland-Argentina would be a nice final, that's for sure! Another 1978. But even nicer would be Holland-Germany. Another 1974. We lost back then and it's the Grand Dutch National Trauma, even for me and I wasn't even born in 1974. :p

from http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=10898

Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima 4 February 2006 by jubileumviering diocese Rotterdam

the Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima of the the Netherlands live Saturday 4 February 2006 in the Laurentius and Elisabethkerk to Rotterdam the Mass by to occasion of the fifty person whose birthday it is exist of the diocese Rotterdam.

Monsignor A. H. of Luyn, sdb, Bishop of Rotterdam is hoofdcelebrant. He looks after also the homilie. Connecting is presented a sketch by the development of the diocese: “50 year diocese Rotterdam 1956-2006. A documentary-geschiedschrijving.” of the gentleman ma A. oil corner. The diocese Rotterdam was set up in 1956 by Pope Pius XII.

The netherlands counts seven dioceses, to know Breda, The Bosch, Groningen, Haarlem, rudder mouth, Rotterdam and the aartsbisdom Utrecht.

9 December 2005

purple_platinum said:
The netherlands counts seven dioceses, to know Breda, The Bosch, Groningen, Haarlem, rudder mouth, Rotterdam and the aartsbisdom Utrecht.
9 December 2005
Hihi, rudder mouth! That has to be Roermond, that's the diocese my parents belong to. :) I always love the way babelfish (and other applications like that) translate pieces of text. It just makes my day... :D

Thanks for the info, purple. Another event to look forward to (if there will be any pictures...)

This was posted by Joris on the Benelux Royals MB, about the dinner the australian ambassador will give in the Hall of Knights for The PoO, Princess Maxima, Princess Margriet, Prof Pieter van Vollenhoven and many other officials:

Christl Visser wrote this article today in AD:

750 oysters, 30 kg crocodile meat, 25 kg lobster tails, 90 kg lamb meat, 50 papayas, 75 mangos.
This Monday this exquisite food will be served at the Hall of Knights to especially Princess Maxima, Prince Willem-Alexander, Princess Margriet, Prof.mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven, [P.M.] Jan Peter Balkenende, Jaap de Hoop Scheffer [NATO's Dutch Secr. Gen.] and 350 other VIPS.

These are not the only ingredients, for KLM [Royal Dutch Airlines] will fly in yet even much more to this dinner on the occasion of the 400 years relationship between the Netherlands and Australia from 'down under'.
There will also be cases full of wild Tasmanian spinach, puff pastry in the form of the famous Sydney Opera House, 800 cookies, 96 bottles of Australian champaign, 450 bottles of white and red wine and 90 bottles of muscat dessert wine. Also 15 m3 Australian flowers will be imported.
How much the gala dinner is costing is diffcult to define. The organizers just want to say that the preparations cost more than a year.

I wonder what they are going to think of the crocodile meat. It is not the most tastey meat.

I think I ate it once (Zebra as well), it all depends on how it is prepared I guess.

Tonight the Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima are attending a gala evening in the Hall of the Knights, The Hague, because of 400 years diplomatic relations between The Netherlands and Australia.

Here is another picture (with watermark, sorry):)

Source: ANP Pictures

Attachments

• 2349566.jpg
    2349566.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 270
My goodness, that is one sexy momma!!! ;)

Lovely pearls btw, and her hair looks very well taken care of to!

Marengo said:
My goodness, that is one sexy momma!!! ;)

Lovely pearls btw, and her hair looks very well taken care of to!
LOL! That were exactly my thoughts. Nice brooche too! :D

Here are two more pictures from ANP!

Last edited:
Yeah....Alexander is one lucky guy isn't he?:D

So is the australian ambassador, who is seated next to her ;)

W-A should be thanking God everynight for blessing him with such a hot wife. She is so beautiful.

The Watcher said:
Here is another picture (with watermark, sorry):)

Source: ANP Pictures

Oh no, don't apologize! I love the pictures!! I just thought having them without the watermarks would be icing on the cake -- but, gosh, I love seeing the photos, watermarks or not! Thank you, thank you!

Princejohnny25 said:
W-A should be thanking God everynight for blessing him with such a hot wife. She is so beautiful.

haha hot wife! that is what she is! but WA looks really happy with her... so I think he is aware of the beauty of Maxima:D

from royalimages

Attachments

• RI300101.jpg
    RI300101.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 239
  • RI300102.jpg
    RI300102.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 210
  • RI300103.jpg
    RI300103.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 244
  • RI300104.jpg