The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 5 (August 2005 - Feb 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a photo session on July 17th,2005.I think the next pictures of Amalia will be at her baptism on November 19th,2005.

I can not wait, although I am a bit snubbed as another neighbouring village of my birthplace Katwijk has this event (the other rival, Noordwijk had the wedding of PC and Anita) ;).
Maxima will be visiting the east of the country (enschede?) on friday I believe, so we will have new pictures of her soon.

2 pictures second of October from Cover these pictures are without watermarks

Attachments

• t.jpg
    t.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 215
  • sa.jpg
    sa.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 236
thanks for the photos. its so cool when I enlarge the picture to be able to see the texturing of the purse's material.

yes, there was once that she posed for testino with a white dress. i think thta was the only professional shoot in gala they had.

I cannot recall she has, she only posed for official photographs on the occassion of her marriage, engagement, birth of daughters and some pre-wedding pictures. But never in gala, which is a pity.

sem said:
I am not very sure about it but this dress that Maxima wore during the celebrations of Quin Beatrix's 25th years jubilea on 29 april, was also one of Beatrix's dress. I did'nt hear myself but my friend told me that Maxima told te cameras "this dress is my mother in lows". After the celebrations, i didnt hear any comments about the dress, thats why I'm not very sure about it...Does everybody missed that or my friend missheard that? And now people make big deal about Mabel wearing Beatrix's dress...

But the dress looks vintage to me:confused: !
foto's seeger-press

I know it's been a while, but did anyone ever find a picture of Beatrix wearing that dress?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's one ugly dress...or coat or whatever it is??

It looks new to me though, not vintage.

Hannelore said:
That's one ugly dress...or coat or whatever it is??

It looks new to me though, not vintage.

I think it's Beatrix's but it's been kept in very nice condition (much like Beatrix's engagement dress that Mabel wore and IT looks like new too). On page 3 of this thread, there were a couple of people who seemed to recall Beatrix wearing this dress, and also, Maxima herself said it was her mother-in-law's dress. I'm just desperate to see a comparison photo with Beatrix wearing the dress in all it's 1960's glory!:D :p

The red hat and jacket were also worn in Turkey, with a pink scarf and skirt. I liked that combination better, but for a more informal visit like this one the funny dress is highly suitable. Can't wait to see Maxima dressed up for the wedding (I like big hats), and I hope she will attend at least the tiara events for the state visits of the russian president and the king and queen of Jordan, in November.

from the first day i saw that hat and jacket in turkey i fell in love with it and was wondering when it would be that she wears those again!
the pattern of the skirt isn't my cup of tea, but i loved the detail of her combining it with the foulard....

Why isn't Maxima formally known as the Princess of Orange

On the Royal family's official website, she is referred to as Princess Maxima. How come she is not known as the Princess of Orange? Also was she made a princess in her own right, unlike Laurentien and Mabel? Could someone please answer these questions for me. Many thanks.

PrincessDianafan said:
On the Royal family's official website, she is referred to as Princess Maxima. How come she is not known as the Princess of Orange? Also was she made a princess in her own right, unlike Laurentien and Mabel? Could someone please answer these questions for me. Many thanks.

Mabel and Laurentien are not princesses in their own rights, Maxima is the only one who is. No official reason is given for Maxima not be named princess of Orange but I assume that the title is only for the heir. So when we have a king Willem IV, Catharina-Amalia will become the princess of Orange. to prevent her husband to become prince of Orange the title is only available for the heir and not for their spouse.

from koninklijkhuis.nl:

Prins van Oranje en Prinses Máxima bezoeken Marokko van 13 tot en met 16 november 2005

Zijne Koninklijke Hoogheid de Prins van Oranje en Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Máxima der Nederlanden brengen van zondag 13 tot en met woensdag 16 november een bezoek aan Marokko in het kader van 400 jaar Nederland-Marokko. Het programma is gericht op waterbeheer, microkrediet en cultuur.

In het gezelschap van de Prins en Prinses reizen twaalf jongeren mee op uitnodiging van FORUM, het landelijke expertisecentrum op het gebied van multiculturele ontwikkeling.

De Prins is samen met de Marokkaanse Koning beschermheer van de Stichting Nederland-Marokko

--

Apparently Maxima and WA are going to Marocco to celebrate 400 years dutch-maroccan relations. The visit is from 13 till 16 november.

Dutch Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and his wife Princess Maxima attend the United Nations gala honoring the Unsung Heroes of Poverty November 8, 2005 in New York City

From getty

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 4,488
I can't see the photos. could you maybe post a link instead? thanks so much! i'd really love to see them.

Although I do not like the clothes she is wearing I must say that Maxima looks very good!

foreman said:
Incredible moment for maxima's fans

great picture without watermark thanks foreman. One more picture without watermark from DPA

Attachments

• 031401_4.jff.jpeg
    031401_4.jff.jpeg
    47.3 KB · Views: 265
On NOS teletekt it is stated that 7 young dutch/(wo)men from maroccan descent will join the prince and princess iduring their visit to Marocco. This will be financed by the Orange Fund and apparently was done on the initiative of the court. I appreciate the idea behind this gesture, let's hope it wil do some good.

Thanks for the photos w/out the watermark! I was hoping those would come!

Maxima looks fantastic! Love the outfit and the hair! Very polished.

Maxima looks wonderful in that green suit. Who's the designer?

i like the way all the things are the same colours and different pattern. the hair also looks great like that! hope she uses it as that many times...

I like her hair pulled back off her face because she has such pretty and expressive eyes and I think they are shown off better when her hair is that way. Also nice that W-A is there for the gala and to be supportive -- isn't microfinance really M's area not his?

Emily said:
I like her hair pulled back off her face because she has such pretty and expressive eyes and I think they are shown off better when her hair is that way.

I totally agree with you on that one! Her face becomes much more expressive with her hair pulled back.

Emily said:
I like her hair pulled back off her face because she has such pretty and expressive eyes and I think they are shown off better when her hair is that way. Also nice that W-A is there for the gala and to be supportive -- isn't microfinance really M's area not his?

correct, Maxima is a UN-advisor on this topic while the crownprince doesn't have to do anything with it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom