The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 5 (August 2005 - Feb 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sm1939 said:
I always think Maxima goes over board with her clothes

I agree with you.Most of the time I love her style but lately..:( it's too much, not flattering, not looking good,too much make-up, HUGE hats.I hope she changes her looks and style, a bit like queen Rania, princess May , Ashma (syrian first lady)

O but I would like to add that every princess deserves to have her own style .It would be boring to look like other princesses all the time. :)

sm1939 said:
I always think Maxima goes over board with her clothes

I totally agree with you and IamLaura.
I really don't like her style, it's always too much, the colours too bright, the jewelry too big and sometimes she just looks kind of old-fashioned (I don't know the exact word, in German I would say "hausbacken")

ok, I think I just got the word, she looks matronly. that's what I meant

Last edited:
Agree with those of you who say that Maxima´s dressing is always over the top. Too loud and flamboyant, and I hate it when she smiles so widely that all the gums can be seen. I like her natural friendliness; it´s only that she sometimes seems to overdo it-the red dress and red BIG hat looked like more suitable for a carnival in Rio. And yes, it overshadows the bride, which is rude.

The RVD announced that HRH Princess Alexia , second daughter of the prince and princess of Orange, will be baptised on saturday november 19 in Wassenaar.

Xandra said:
and I hate it when she smiles so widely that all the gums can be seen. I like her natural friendliness; it´s only that she sometimes seems to overdo it.

Maxima's beautiful smile is naturally large, it's real and comes from within. She smiles with eyes also. And yes she'll probably get wrinkles because of it but they will be called wrinkles of expression - when someone has live fully.

So we only need to know the godparents.

Probably Laurentien en Marcella. And maybe also [size=-1]Florencia di Cocco (friend Máxima) and Friso. And ofcourse a crownprince, maybe Frederik or Haakon?
[/size]

I know the rest, but who is Marcella?

Xandra said:
Agree with those of you who say that Maxima´s dressing is always over the top. Too loud and flamboyant, and I hate it when she smiles so widely that all the gums can be seen. I like her natural friendliness; it´s only that she sometimes seems to overdo it-the red dress and red BIG hat looked like more suitable for a carnival in Rio. And yes, it overshadows the bride, which is rude.

I don't know if you can train yourself to smile a certain way (if so, I need to get a bigger smile).

And if she changed, we'd all be criticizing her for being fake.

It is Marcela--with only one " L".:)

From all the princessess (Mary, MM, Letizia, Mathilde), I believe Maxima is perhaps the one that comes across as the most genuine. Her smile is very natural. Her eyes are very expressive. She is who she is. She does not have to try to be someone else. In my opinion, Mary tries too hard, MM not hard enough and Letizia's smile and grace seem forced. Maxima seems very relaxed and natural all the time. She may not have had the best choice for a wedding dress, but, again, it tells you how normal she is. Sometimes she dresses well, sometimes she needs to go home and change. Her husband also seems very normal.

The Watcher said:
Aunt of Máxima. She is in the name;) Alexia Juliana Marcella Laurentien

I believe she is also the godmother of Maxima and she was a witness for Maxima during the civil wedding in the 'beurs van Berlage' at 02-02-02.

How many godparents will Alexia have?Four?Marcela,Laurentien,Haakon and Friso. But as Alexia is not the heir it must not necessarily be a Crown Prince(ss) as godparent.I´m curious...

i don't think godparents have to do with being crown prince(ss) or even prince(ss). i think the parents can choose anyone they want for their kids even if they are royal or not and if they are royal, any kind of title would be ok. isn't it like that?

for the spanish siblings, these were their godparents:

posted by josefine
Infanta Elena of Spain: Countess Maria de la Mercedes of Barcelona (her paternal grandmother), Prince Alfonso of Orleans

Infanta Cristina of Spain: Infanta Maria Cristina of Spain (her paternal grandaunt), Duke Alfonso of Cadiz (cousin of her father)

Prince Felipe of Asturia: Count Juan of Barcelona (his paternal grandfather) and former Queen Victoria Eugenia of Spain (his paternal great-grandmother)

laurentien seems to be quite popular with being godmother to royals. i'm happy for her, as many people critisised her at first because of silly reasons.

i agree with roxsteve as well. maxima seems loved by the dutch comunity because of being so expressive and giving that impression of joy and happiness everytime. i don't see anything wrong with her smile. she sometimes smiles too much, that's true but... what's the exact problem with that? i would prefer to meet someone who smiles a lot rather than one who doesn't smile at all... wouldn't you?

Maxima and WA add "Laurentine" in the second daughter' name, My guess its from name of the baby' aunty princess Laurentine but what I don't know is how close relationship beetween Maxima (also WA) and her sister in law (they should have very good relationship by taking her name for their daughter).

laurentien's name wasn't added. from the first moment it was said the girl was going to be called alexia juliana marcela laurentien. :)

I think Maxima and Laurentien (and the brothers) are close: they often vacation together, starting from before either were married to their hubands.

I am not very sure about it but this dress that Maxima wore during the celebrations of Quin Beatrix's 25th years jubilea on 29 april, was also one of Beatrix's dress. I did'nt hear myself but my friend told me that Maxima told te cameras "this dress is my mother in lows". After the celebrations, i didnt hear any comments about the dress, thats why I'm not very sure about it...Does everybody missed that or my friend missheard that? And now people make big deal about Mabel wearing Beatrix's dress...

But the dress looks vintage to me:confused: !
foto's seeger-press
pre-SEEGER00138766.jpg

pre-SEEGER00138778.jpg

pre-SEEGER00138758.jpg

pre-SEEGER00138755.jpg

pre-SEEGER00138769.jpg

Oh wow! I would LOVE to see comparison pictures if it really is Beatrix's dress. I thought it was very interesting to see how Beatrix and Mabel used the same dress.

So if anyone has pictures of Beatrix wearing that dress, PLEASE POST!!!
:)

I also think that Queen Beatrix used to wear the dress that Maxima is wearing, it looks really similar to me, i think i have seen it wearing by Queen Beatrix,maybe,i will try and find it.

I would really appreciate it! :) I think Beatrix is the first Queen to be so generous with her wardrobe!

It really is a hideous dress, but if it were Beatrix's maternity dress from the late 1960's, then that might explain a few things. ;)
My only hope is that some kind person can find and post a picture of Beatrix wearing it so we can see it in all its 1960's glory! haha!

Roxsteve said:
From all the princessess (Mary, MM, Letizia, Mathilde), I believe Maxima is perhaps the one that comes across as the most genuine. Her smile is very natural. Her eyes are very expressive. She is who she is. She does not have to try to be someone else. In my opinion, Mary tries too hard, MM not hard enough and Letizia's smile and grace seem forced. Maxima seems very relaxed and natural all the time....
Everything about Maxima is over-exaggerated .... At times, her smile seems unnatural and a bit forced.

Photos were taken from the Royal Forums.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 444
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 450
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 486
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 273
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 284
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 300
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 269
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
Guest2003 said:
Everything about Maxima is over-exaggerated .... At times, her smile seems unnatural and a bit forced.

If they are images already posted elsewhere in the forum, then to save on bandwidth, please just post the link for future posts.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Alexandria
Royal Forums Administrator

her smile is not hideous it's just the way she is. i love the way she smiles and her funny facial expressions when laughing!

Guest2003 said:

i actually find her smile really natural in those pics...
that's something that in my opinion it's impossible (or really difficult) to critisise of maxima: her smile. some people may not like her sytle, some others may like it, and that's ok... but i think you can really tell without doubts who is smiling forcedly and who isn't.

however, i don't think any of the princesses smile forcedly: arriving somewhere and being received by a big crowd of people cheering you or clapping when you arrive is something that practically everyone would smile at naturally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom