The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 11:46 AM
Royal Highness

The colors of the outfit are great on Maxima, the dress I LOVE, but the hat is a little too big for my tastes. Compared to some of the other women, she looks lovely and spirited. It's great to see her out again.

Old 08-28-2005, 12:00 PM
Aristocracy

this is definetly one of her worst....too much red...ugly hat....too big.....tooo much of everything

Old 08-28-2005, 02:43 PM
Aristocracy

Natan is a bit too conservative for me.
Old 08-28-2005, 02:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Love the hat, but wrong occasion for wearing it.

Plus, she should have put her hair up. Maxima also has a round face, a bit "chubby" cheeks, I think a hat like this looks its absolute best on someone with a very slim face. Not an easy model to wear!
Old 08-28-2005, 03:15 PM
Courtier

She was not in her best attire, I think.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:15 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I thought somebody said itwas Valentino and not Natan? I like the dress and hat, she is having fun, which is appropriate for a wedding like this (Martha-Louise's spanish fun was to much in my eyes).
Old 08-29-2005, 07:31 AM
Heir Apparent

i loved to see maxima again, but that hat wasn't entirely flattering. tiny hats don't suit her (for example, those little ones princess alexandra of denmark usually wears) but this big one didn't seem to be the best one either. looked too much to me.

loved those shoes though! http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=186112 i think they look cute with that pink thing... :) does anyone know who designed them?

can't wait to see her more often!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-29-2005, 06:13 PM
Courtier

Maxima seems to wear Natan shoes a lot, so Edouard Vermeulen, who owns the label, may be responsible for the shoes.

The coat she wore is an exact copy of Natan's coat for Maria Teresa of Luxembourg, so either Valentino copied (which is highly unlikely) or she wore Natan.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:37 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

ok, it is more a natan coat anyway, valentino's creations tend to be more feminine. Anyway, dispite many of us disliking the parasol on Maxima's head, she is up for this weeks 'most elegant woman of the week' in hellomagazine.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:17 AM
Courtier

I always think Maxima goes over board with her clothes
Old 08-30-2005, 11:01 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939
I agree with you.Most of the time I love her style but lately..:( it's too much, not flattering, not looking good,too much make-up, HUGE hats.I hope she changes her looks and style, a bit like queen Rania, princess May , Ashma (syrian first lady)
Old 08-30-2005, 11:03 AM
Commoner

O but I would like to add that every princess deserves to have her own style .It would be boring to look like other princesses all the time. :)
Old 08-30-2005, 06:15 PM
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands

VOTE FOR MÁXIMA AT "MOST ELEGANT WOMAN OF THE WEEK" Hello!.com

http://www.hellomagazine.com/vote/mo...man/index.html
Old 08-31-2005, 01:00 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939
I totally agree with you and IamLaura.
I really don't like her style, it's always too much, the colours too bright, the jewelry too big and sometimes she just looks kind of old-fashioned (I don't know the exact word, in German I would say "hausbacken")

ok, I think I just got the word, she looks matronly. that's what I meant
Old 08-31-2005, 05:48 AM
Aristocracy

Agree with those of you who say that Maxima´s dressing is always over the top. Too loud and flamboyant, and I hate it when she smiles so widely that all the gums can be seen. I like her natural friendliness; it´s only that she sometimes seems to overdo it-the red dress and red BIG hat looked like more suitable for a carnival in Rio. And yes, it overshadows the bride, which is rude.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:04 AM
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands

The RVD announced that HRH Princess Alexia , second daughter of the prince and princess of Orange, will be baptised on saturday november 19 in Wassenaar.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:22 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandra
and I hate it when she smiles so widely that all the gums can be seen. I like her natural friendliness; it´s only that she sometimes seems to overdo it.
Maxima's beautiful smile is naturally large, it's real and comes from within. She smiles with eyes also. And yes she'll probably get wrinkles because of it but they will be called wrinkles of expression - when someone has live fully.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:25 AM
Courtier

So we only need to know the godparents.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:40 PM
Courtier

Probably Laurentien en Marcella. And maybe also Florencia di Cocco (friend Máxima) and Friso. And ofcourse a crownprince, maybe Frederik or Haakon?
Old 08-31-2005, 02:57 PM
Gentry

I know the rest, but who is Marcella?