The Prince of Orange, Current Events 2 (April 2007 - April 2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually find it odd when they actually remove/demolish land to make place for water/nature. I know it is the trend and usually needed for the defence against water, but still... it seems against our national character ;).

I usually find it odd when they actually remove/demolish land to make place for water/nature. I know it is the trend and usually needed for the defence against water, but still... it seems against our national character ;).

Same here.Feels like a contradiction,we exist because of our fight against the water,and we will exist just a little longer by giving the land back to the water bit by bit.
A bit of Luctor et Emergo in reverse.

Het Koninklijk Huis

HRH was on a working visit to the Haarlemmermeerpolder area,stretching the vast area between Amsterdam,Schiphol Airport,the Keukenhof and Haarlem.
Het Koninklijk Huis

HRH will attend the jubilee congress of the European Movement at the Nieuwe Kerk,The Hague today.HRH will attend the session with lectures by the Chairs of the European Commission and the European Parliament.

On monday - wednesday,26th - 28th of may,HRH,Chair of UNSGAB,will Chair the 10th UNSGAB meeting,Tokyo.

He must have enjoyed the match very much, considering the result and because it was not a boring match either.
He seems to be very animated with the vice prime minister, Wouter Bos (next to him).

Hup, Holland, Hup!

I was wondering to see him with his scarf (the one he wore to ARG vs NL during their match at WFC 2006)...

He must have enjoyed the match very much, considering the result and because it was not a boring match either.
He seems to be very animated with the vice prime minister, Wouter Bos (next to him).

He's the only one to have a animated chat with Woutertje then....

But,it truly was a great match indeed!!Hope for the gods to be with us again on friday,la douce France.

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Colourpress/Torsten Silz/ddp

Last edited:
I saw the macht yesterday, what a great macht! My husband says that Holland have much probabilities of winning Euro 2008.
Today at 18:00h Spain vs Russia I Hope we will have the same fortune!!!

I saw the macht yesterday, what a great macht! My husband says that Holland have much probabilities of winning Euro 2008.
Today at 18:00h Spain vs Russia I Hope we will have the same fortune!!!

And you had!!4 - 1!:flowers:

HRH handed-out scholarships to students of the United World College,Foreign Office,The Hague yesterday.
Het Koninklijk Huis

Last edited:
HRH attended the symposium "Strategic cooperation with the Corporate World", Breda today.

HRH will attend the 4th Veterans Day,The Hague saturday june 28th.

Veterans Day is on june 29th,the late Prince Bernhard's birthday,but since that is a sunday,it's moved to the day before.
Het Koninklijk Huis

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently 45.000 people attended veteransday, which is 35.000 more than last year.

Article in Dutch here.

The prime minister made a plea for more 'respect' for the veterans,

Article from the Volkskrant, here.

On august 18th HRH will deliver the opening speech at the World Water Week,Stockholm.

October 7th HRH will speech at the Highwater Safeguard seminar "land between two rivers Hitzacker" in the frame of the International congress Aqua Alta,Hamburg.The seminar is one of the events on occasion of the 750th anniversary of the town of Hitzacker,
birthplace of the late Prince Claus.

HRH welcomed a group of 14 dutch police officers on their arrival in Beijing,12000 km by bycicle!

The group left The Netherlands on april 13th and raised money for the `Right to Play` projects,
enabling children in the poorest nations to sport/play in appropiate facilities.

ANP Beeldbank

Courtesy Royalimages/Robin Utrecht.

In Beijing a delegation of Belgian and Dutch officials received the top of FIFA, the world soccer assocition. The countries want to organise the World Championship soccer in 2018. The Prince of Orange and under minister Jet Bussemaker were part of the Dutch delegation.

Source: royalblog

Last edited:
Speech by HRH The Prince of Orange at the Asia Pacific Roundtable for Sustainable Consumption and Production,Cebu,Phillipines today.
In english:

Het Koninklijk Huis

October 2nd,morning.

HRH will open the new multi-functional sportsaccomodation in the town of Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht.
http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=26155

October 2nd,afternoon.

HRH will attend,speech and hand-out the bi-annual Heineken Prize for Science and Arts at the Beurs van Berlage,
Amsterdam tomorrow october 2nd.

The hand-out will take place during a special session of the Royal Dutch Academy of Sciences,
the speech by HRH is themed;"The Magic of Science".

The Prizes are instituted by the Dr.A.P.Heineken Foundation and the Alfred Heineken Funds Foundation.
The winners of the Science Prizes receive 150.000 euro,the winners of the Art Prizes 50.000.The Royal Academy selects the winners.

US scientist Jack Szostak,(1952,Huges Medical Institute,Harvard Medical School,Department of Molecular Biology,Massachusetts General Hospital,Boston,Massachusetts,USA) will receive the Dr.H.P.Heineken Science Prize for Biochemy and Biofysics 2008 for his original insights
on fundamental processes of life.

Dutch artist Barbara Visser (1966) will receive the Dr.A.H.Heineken Art Prize 2008 for her photo and video work.

British scientist Sir Richard Peto (1943,Oxford University) will receive the Dr.A.H.Heineken Prize for Medicine 2008 for his extremely important contribution and approach of clinical epidimiology.

US scientist Jonathan Israel ( 1946,School of Historical Studies,Institute for Advanced Study,Princeton,New Jersey,USA) will receive the Dr.A.H.Heineken Prize for Historical Science 2008 for his significant new views on the age of enlightenment.

Dutch scientist Bert Brunekreef ( 1953,Institute for Risk Assesment sciences,University of Utrecht) will receive the Dr.A.H.Heineken Prize for Environmental sciences 2008 for his environmental and epidemiological research on air pollution and health.

French scientist Stanislas Dehaene (1965,College de France,Paris,France) will receive the Dr.A.H.Heineken Prize for Cognitice sciences.
http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=26399

Last edited:
HRH will attend a seminar on protection from water at the birth town of his late father,Hitzacker,Germany,today.

The seminar,in the frame of the International Congress:`Aqua Alta`,in Hamburg,is one of the highlights of the 750th
anniversary of the town of Hitzacker.
Het Koninklijk Huis

Speech by HRH at Hitzacker today:
http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=26521

Last edited:
Hitzacker is also the twon where prince Claus was born. 'I almost saw my father' is the headline of an article from the Telegraaf about this visit.

Prince WA said that prince Claus often told him about the peace and friendliness of the Elbe Auen (...) Hitzacker and the Elbe were close to his heart (...) and he transferred that love to his sons.

Article in Dutch here.

Hey, I wrote for a NY based financial news organization and we just moved a story saying Prince Willem-Alexander will help New York comemorate the state 400 year anniversary."...said the prince
was in New York last week and confirmed his plans to return in 2009.
The Dutch government has committed to spend $8 million on
New York's quad events."

We'll see how much of the $8m get spent in light of the recent global financial downturn.

Hey, I wrote for a NY based financial news organization and we just moved a story saying Prince Willem-Alexander will help New York comemorate the state 400 year anniversary."...said the prince
was in New York last week and confirmed his plans to return in 2009.
The Dutch government has committed to spend $8 million on
New York's quad events."

We'll see how much of the $8m get spent in light of the recent global financial downturn.

It will be spend as planned.The present financial crisis has no effect on that.There have been posts already on the upcoming NL- NY2009 celebrations and the visit by TRH The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima.

The Prince of Orange attended,and speeched at,the Bouwhuis debate on the future of the Green Heart of The Netherlands,
Zoetermeer yesterday.
PPE Agency

Courtesy Bouwend Nederland/HO

HRH will attend the dutch closing session of the Year of Sanitatition,Royal Institute for the Tropics,Amsterdam today..

Het Koninklijk Huis

Entertainment website Zijonline wrote an article that saying that 'Our Boys in Afghanistan' (the army) are disappointed that the Prince of Orange hasn't visited them since May 2007. Since 18 soldiers got killed and various ministers already visited the troops they say that a moral support of the crown prince would be welcome. Apparently they even make jokes about his absence in 'Camp Holland' saying that Princess Máxima doesn't allow him to leave.

ZIJONLINE - DURFT KROONPRINS NIET NAAR OORLOGSGEBIED? Onze jongens in Afghanistan: 'Alexander, wanneer kom je'

Since I have read this before in other sources I decided to post it, well aware that this particular source is not too reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom