The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 6 (Feb 2006 - Jan 2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like these new portraits. Both looks palely. Maxima's tiara disappear on the background. It would be much better if they would stand not on the white doors in light lights.

purple_platinum said:
2 official pictures of WA & Maxima from the 60celebrations.com
I don't think the picture of Maxima has been shown before, or have it?
The red gown really looks beautiful in her (although it doesn't fit her a bit, a bit loose) but red is definitely her colour.

Is Pss Máxima wearing a sigaret, because if she is, the pictures would probably be fake!

Last edited:
Hahahaha, it always looked like a ring to me, but now that we come to speak of it, it can look like a sigaret! (I still believe it's a big ring, though. Hilarious! :D)

You know what's weird too? The candle has a shadow, but Maxima and W-A haven't. Beats me...

(The heat is getting to me here. It's almost 30 degrees in my room...) :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Robijn said:
Is Pss Máxima wearing a sigaret, because if she is, the pictures would probebly be fake!

lol! that is too funny! maxima with a cigarette on an official photo. it would funny if someone secretly photoshopped it in.

of course that is just a ring but one does do a double take!

It's a hard call to say that the photos are fake. Honestly, If I had only seen Willem-Alexander's photo there would've been no doubt in my mind that the pictures are real. However Máxima's photo make them questionable as the positioning of her head and neck looks rather strange.

I guess we'll hear more in the future.

Strange portraits! :eek:
They look so "unreal" and their faceexpresissions look like wax! I cannot see anything of their emotions they usually show! No happy smiles (it looks so tense)...
Well, the Picture of WA looks okay, but the Picture of Maxima looks really really strange.. :( ( Cannot really say what's disturbing me ;) )

I totally agree with you Her Majesty, the picture of Maxima is strange

it's a pity that for once that we have official pictures of the couple that they are 'photoshoped'. to be fair, they look ok to me. perhaps the light on them and the light on the background is somewhat different, but nothing special. about the shades, i wouldn't worry. perhaps they were standing sufficiently away from the wall to have a shade. i have no doubt the photos of them itself are real, but maybe they pasted them in front of another background since we didn't se before that dress of maxima, so she had to somehow have posed for the photo. i really doubt it can be an invented gown.

i still like the photos. both of them look regal and simple. i will keep my ilusion thinking they were real ones :)

Is there a way we could find if the official photos are real or not? Shouldn't they be posted in the official website?

Well new photo or old one, at least Maxima wears her hair and the ruby tiara exactly like in Sweden.

strange

The pictures looke fake to me. Fake or very unofficial. If these were official portraits I think we would have first seen them via the official dutch royal site. Unless they show up there, I don't think these pics of official - and possibly even a cut-and-paste job.

fee said:
Well new photo or old one, at least Maxima wears her hair and the ruby tiara exactly like in Sweden.

Very true! I had noticed that when I went back and looked at it for the last time. Princess maxima looks much more fake than the prince willem one.

Kelly said:
Very true! I had noticed that when I went back and looked at it for the last time. Princess maxima looks much more fake than the prince willem one.

Yes, that's because they cut Willem out in one piece and glued him to the background. Maxima consists of various pieces. Though whoever made these this did a terrific job, using a Dutch palace background and putting the bracelet of the Mellerio parure to Maxima's right hand (for us: the left one)... :rolleyes:

Maxie said:
Yes, that's because they cut Willem out in one piece and glued him to the background. Maxima consists of various pieces. Though whoever made these this did a terrific job, using a Dutch palace background and putting the bracelet of the Mellerio parure to Maxima's right hand (for us: the left one)... :rolleyes:

what a nonsense, its just an pic taken in Palace Huis ten Bosch.

The pics looks really fake.
Máxima looks weird, her are very white for her usual sun-tanned skin and her face looks strange!

xxPatrickxx said:
what a nonsense, its just an pic taken in Palace Huis ten Bosch.
Oh, I agree with you that they look real and that one can easily be fooled, but it's just my sceptic nature that won't take things for granted. So, if you will excuse me, I don't think I'm talking nonsense here. But if you think so, you're free to do so of course. :D

It isn't surprising that these pictures haven't appeared on the Royal website (yet). It is a very old custum among royals to present a signed fotograph of themselves to royals they respect. In the old days a very respected friend got a grand portrait in a very expensive frame, and a less respected royal friend got the same but smaller portrait in a cheap frame. Giving portraits was just like giving orders. These portraits are very exclusive and therefore it's perfectly understandeble that they are not on the royal website.

I do find it strange that so many Dutchies are so very eager to comment these pictures in a negative way.. must be the heat I suppose.
I think both pictures are beautiful, and lets hope that even better pictures will apear when the beautiful palace on the Dam is restored and ready for a photoshoot!

The link on which this is posted is the official site of the jubilee of the Thai King? I can't image they will show fake pictures actually, though I agree, Maxima's picture looks weird, but that might be because of the weird neckline of her dress. Her hair and jewels seem exactly the same as in Stockholm, but it is a look which can be easily redone (the hairdo wasn't that difficult I mean). Add to that that the official pictures of the royal family are usually bad or, at best, just ok. The group pictures of the weddings Constantijn and Friso for example seemed to have been done by amateurs for example.

The background looks a bit empty indeed, they could have used the ballroom of Noordeinde, which is more golden. My personal preference would be an incredibly regal picture (Queen margrethe II style) in the Orange-Hall of Palace Huis ten Bosch, that should give a very dramatic effect.

Last edited:
Monday june 19th Princess Máxima will unveil a statuette with her own image at the Museum Beelden aan Zee,Scheveningen.

The statuette will be part of a permanent portrait gallery at the museum.

(Another tight schedule,straight from Ulaanbatar to Scheveningen......:D )

I red in the dutch magazine 'Vorsten' that Maxima and Alexander are going to Belgium to, only the first day. Because they are very close friends... so that will be a very busy week for the princely couple

Yes, it is rumored that Mathilde and Maxima get along very well, but how realible is that magazine?

I think that is not really a rumour, actually. 'Vorsten' is one of the most reliable royalty magazines over here and next to that, I think it's become common knowledge in the Netherlands and Belgium that the two of them get along pretty well... (as you can see from pictures in events where they both participate... :))

Didn't Maxima also spend some time in Belgium before or after the time of her engagement to learn about court protocol from Mathilde? After Mathilde had Elisabeth, there were also pictures of Maxima arriving at the hospital with a big bouquet of flowers. She was the only royal non-family member whom I noticed visiting Mathilde. And during the recent Thai celebrations I noticed pictures of Mathilde, Maxima, Willem and Phillippe together.

I believe I have read that when things between Maxima and W-A were getting serious, she was transferred to Deutsch Bank in Brussels and was kind of taken under the wing of Mathilde to help her learn about royal life. During that time they developed a friendship. Somewhere on this board is posted a photo of Mathilde and Philippe leaving W-A and Maxima's home in Wassenaar after a private dinner. In addition Mathilde is a godmother of Princess Alexia and I am sure I have seen other photos of the two together at royal functions. Perhaps someone else can fill in other aspects of this friendship that I can't recall...

I think Alexandria and you summed them up pretty well, Emily! ;)

Sem, you're totally right. I would never had guessed that that was a real dress! :)

Máxima and Willem-Alexander will be in Germany today.
They'll watch the match Argentina vs. The Netherlands in Frankfurt

Princess Maxima said:
Máxima and Willem-Alexander will be in Germany today.
They'll watch the match Argentina vs. The Netherlands in Frankfurt
I hope they'll see a great game.
They were just showed on TV!
Maxima looks great! :)
Both, Maxima and Alex look very happy and relaxed!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom