The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 6 (Feb 2006 - Jan 2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima are both in Turin today for the opening of the Olympic games.

Emi said:
Thanks for the photos purple platinum. Was CPss Maxima brought up in the Catholic faith and is she still Catholic now?

yes she is still catholic. she considered converting but she has not made any steps in that direction. her kids are being raised protestant though.

does anyone know if she took communion during the service?

Marengo said:
She did wear one actually, the same veil I believe.

I dont think so. i think that veil was shorter.

that's a good question pollyemma. i don't think she did, though.

thanks watcher for the information on willem and maxima being in turing for the games. i didn't think they were going to go. it's a great surprise. does anyone know when the games start? i want to see them! :)

I have moved all the posts of Willem & Maxima a the opening ceremonies in Torino to this thread. It is in the Dutch Royals forum in case other members of the family show up. If it's only Willem and Maxima, we can always move it back to their sub-forum.

But all posts about the Dutch royals at the Torino games can go there.

Emily said:
No, they live in a mansion in Wassenaar. The house was originally built or re-built for Beatrix sister, Christina. When William and Maxima were married, it was renovated for them. There are pictures of it in some of the older threads -- most recently in the photo shoot introducing their second daughter, Alexia.

The build a new serre to the living room and surprisingly they had a lot of restoring to do, which is strange considering the house was only build in the mid-eighties. The villa is build on estate 'De Horsten' which still is property of the RF (together with the estate 'Raaphorst'). The estates belonged to Prince Frederik of The Netherlands who lived in Huize de Pauw (now the cityhall of Wassenaar), his daughter Princess Marie of Wied inherited it and sold it later on to her cousin Queen Wilhelmina.

Marengo said:
The build a new serre to the living room and surprisingly they had a lot of restoring to do, which is strange considering the house was only build in the mid-eighties. The villa is build on estate 'De Horsten' which still is property of the RF (together with the estate 'Raaphorst'). The estates belonged to Prince Frederik of The Netherlands who lived in Huize de Pauw (now the cityhall of Wassenaar), his daughter Princess Marie of Wied inherited it and sold it later on to her cousin Queen Wilhelmina.
Thanks to both of you for your answers. I just cheked it out, it looks huge and fancy.

Marengo said:
I believe Anita is catholic, and Aimee as well (not completely sure about Aimee)

I have to correct myself, as Willem-Alexander, Maurits and Floris are excluded on the list the british court publishes on thronerights, I assume these are the only ones who married a catholic.

think that wearing a mantilla in a catholic church in rotterdam is a bit going over the top, dutch catholics do not do it and she is dutch now

i just read in another forum an information from the world cup of football in germany early in spring from espdeportes. the royal household confirmed that the princes of orange will be present in the match argentina-netherlands the 21st of june in francfort. it was an invitation made to them by the prime minister of that "land", roland koch.

I wonder which team Maxima will support :) Probably she will cheer them both...

Yeah, that's interesting about the mantilla...is that the tradition in Argentina? I don't believe women have had to cover their head in a Catholic church since the 2nd Vatican Council in the early 1960s, though some older women continued to do so out of tradition.

Regarding converting in various royal families...was Mary required to convert to Lutheranism in order to marry Frederik? Or did she have a choice?

I've moved all the images from the Lech photosession to its own thread here. Sorry for the confusion, but I think such a special day deserves its own thread!

Alexandria
Dutch Forums Moderator

I don't see anything wrong with her covering her head I find it a nice gesture.

Wy isn't CP Willem going to the royal baptism?

i found this lovely lovely photos of the orange family in felicia's christening (daughter of marilene and maurits), they were taken from http://www.maximavanoranje.web-log.nl/ and they are screen shots from the video corazon posted from "blue blood".

isn't it nice how amalia loves waving to paparazzis? even maxima had to carry her up to take her to the car and she went on waving!!! :)

Last edited:
carlota said:
i found this lovely lovely photos of the orange family in felicia's christening (daughter of marilene and maurits), they were taken from http://www.maximavanoranje.web-log.nl/ and they are screen shots from the video corazon posted from "blue blood".

isn't it nice how amalia loves waving to paparazzis? even maxima had to carry her up to take her to the car and she went on waving!!! :)

It's not paparazzi, a man know that felicia was chritening en go to look en make this beautoful pictures en send them to the eo (telivision)

Last edited by a moderator:
that footage is so unbelievable. what an amazingly sweet girl. she will make a great queen. she loves her people.

i wish more people saw that video. i sent it to a couple of my anti-monarchy friends and it melted their hearts. even if you think holland should be a republic, you cant deny that Amalia is VERY cute.

Quote:"she will make a great queen. she loves her people."

She loves her people ? that is a big thing to say. she doesn't even realise that all those people who are talking to her, waving to her are "her people"
she is a two year old girl, that likes the attention and likes to chat and wave to people, as her parents probably had teached her to do.

I agree on you that she is a amazing and sweet girl ;)

very nice sets of videos of PMaxima & her husband!
//www.rtl.nl/shows/vankoninklijkehuize/hethuwelijk/videokennismaking.xml

Last edited:
amina1 said:
very nice sets of videos of PMaxima & her husband!
//www.rtl.nl/shows/vankoninklijkehuize/hethuwelijk/videokennismaking.xml

How do I get to this website? Can you give a direct link?

IamLaura said:
Quote:"she will make a great queen. she loves her people."

She loves her people ? that is a big thing to say. she doesn't even realise that all those people who are talking to her, waving to her are "her people"
she is a two year old girl, that likes the attention and likes to chat and wave to people, as her parents probably had teached her to do.

I agree on you that she is a amazing and sweet girl ;)

I agree -- her parents raise her to be a public person and to smile and waive to the cameras. She is two years old and doing as she has been told an shown how to do (perform in front of the camera).

But yes, she is also cute too.:)

do you actually think her parents tell her how to "perform"? if that was the case, maxima wouldn't have taken her in arms because she didn't stop waving and would stand by her side watching proudly how her daughter understood the lesson, as if she was in a maths class. amalia obviously did it because she wanted to, even when her mum was trying to make her stop because they had to go.

i think they teach their daughters to be formal and protocolar, to stand like ladies... but i really doubt any person would be telling their children that they have to smile and wave so that they are nice to the people, just because of looking good themselves, specially at such a young age.

Are there any videos for the CPs?

Prince and Princess of Oranje tonight in the teather:)
Getty Images

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom