The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 6 (Feb 2006 - Jan 2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The hair style is quite terrible. Which is rather unusual, since till now I liked most of her up-dos and wasn't too keen on her "keeping it casual" styles.
However, this is neither 40's 50's nor 60's this is a complete waste of hairspray.
Heck if she keeps this up, the Benelux countries will almost singlehandedly be responsible for the killing of the ozon layer by way of hair spray, with Fabiola and Beatrix still leading the helmet hair crusade.;)
Anyway, Maxima's make-up also was a bit to dramatic and she looked quite hhm, old. But to end on a positive note, the dress was pretty nice and her smile just like that of her hubby quite bright.

Larzen said:
Maxima does look beautiful, but the hair is very Beatrix
:lol: This comment made me laugh ;) .
I don't think her hairstyle is that bad! It's something new. I think she looks lovely with it. It fits to her outfit... So it's interesting to see her with a new hairdo she never tried before. :flowers:

I think she looked lovely...and why does everyone keep saying she used tons of hairspray? You don't need cans of hairspray to make a hair-do stay in place...The only thing about the hair-do that I do object to is that it's a little on the puffy side, a little less volume and it would probably have been perfect.

I liked the dress....simple and elegant. The earrings are to die for!! I love them!

foto11.JPG

foto5.JPG

More at Patrickvankatwijk.nl

Great pictures , Patrick!
Her earrings are stunning! :ohmy:
Thanks for sharing!

Larzen, thank you for the great black and white pictures. I get a bit of a Marlene Dietrich feeling over here. :lol:
Patrick, you did it again! Wonderful pictures, they're so great! :flowers:

I really like her new hairdoss. I think the problem with it is that we aren't used to see her wearing it. Maxima and Willem looks always very well. They are a very nice royal couple. :rolleyes:

Vanesa.

I think the hairdo is too high, but i love the dress, she´s very elegant in it.

Maxima looks incredible. All the details fit perfectly with the event; hair style , black dress, the dramatic makeup, and ofcourse the sparkles in her eyes.
I always wait for Patrick's pictures. It's possible to see all of this throug his photos. Thank you Patric to doing that and sharing them with us.

Now to the hairdresser of Maxima; I love the choise of the style, but couldn't you do something better? Maxima have always very betiful up-dos when she is abroad (Tailand, Belgium, Argentinia ect..) but I can't say the same most of the time when her hair up in Holland.

Last edited:
I think Maxima looked fantastic, very chic and Grace Kelly-ish. Normally I don't care for black (think it's too severe and somber) but she looked very elegant and "princessy" withouit being over the top. The hairstyle was perfect, too. A winner for the CP!:flowers: :)

I don't like the sheer panel over the midriff - the non-sheer part of the top ends up looking like a boob tube. I think it would have looked a lot classier without the sheer part.

I also don't like the hair.

And, of course, hate the t-strap shoes.

carlota said:
i think the whole looked lovely. black is a great colour for maxima for evening events and the hairdo did really contrast with the outfit.

in this photo she reminds me of a hollywood star from the past, as it's in black and white and because of that very star-y hairdo! http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=00211384000002lf9.jpg

She really does have a lot of sun damage to her skin that you can really see in this photo. It makes her look significantly older than she is, I think.

Really nice outfit, she looked so classy but also like she's already in her late 40s, because of her very bad skin - a pitty.

Carice Van Houten stole the show for me, I think she's so pretty and she's a fantastic actress as well!

Hannelore said:
Really nice outfit, she looked so classy but also like she's already in her late 40s, because of her very bad skin - a pitty.

Carice Van Houten stole the show for me, I think she's so pretty and she's a fantastic actress as well!

Yes but Carice was a bit angry she had to leave the red-carpet because the royal couple was arriving.

xxPatrickxx said:
Yes but Carice was a bit angry she had to leave the red-carpet because the royal couple was arriving.
Van Houten, interestingly indeed, was complaining about this fact openly to the press! When asked, by an RTL reporter, what she thought of the event, she said it was a shame that everyone had to leave the red carpet because the royal couple was arriving. I see her point, but it's probably a security issue I'd assume. Although it also might have to do with the HRH's liking to have control over their publicity--these royals sure expect to be Center stage when on stage, and Van Houten vocally disagreed with that, LOL!

Great pictures, by the way! Especially like the one of Maxima's hairdo, seen from the back!

Maxie said:
The premiere was held at The Hague at the Pathe theatre.

I disagree with most of you on the hair. Yes, she may look older, but I think this style looks much better than when she has the hair hanging down, looking like she didn't style it at all...:ermm:
I agree, Maxima typically looks much better, or, should I say, more professional, with her hair tied up or back. Oftentimes with her hair down, she looks, well, a bit disheveled, messy. I adore the surfer girl look normally, but not really on her for some reason.

By the way, those lines in her face...I actually appreciate she's not resorting to jabbing a bunch of needles into her face, like many many women her age who are equally in the spotlight (Rania anyone?). She's starting to show her age, sure, due probably to, yes, too much sun and the fact she used to smoke like a chimney (probably not anymore though!), but at least she's not afraid to offer a 'what you see is what it is' picture, and in this plastic day and age, that's actually a positive thing, in my opinion.

Maxie said:
And Carice van Houten shouldn't complain, because royal guests coming to your premiere means also more publicity for your movie. :ermm:
Which is exactly, most likely, why Alexander and his wife chose to be there that night, to publicly endorse the movie, their presence certainly was a royal stamp of approval, and a press magnet, and the royal couple seems well awar e that the Dutch movie industry could use all the press attention it could get. Van Houten complaining is weird at best; we all should be so lucky that our own projects, when presented to the world, get free PR <from a young, popular, ROYAL COUPLE> no less! My gosh what is she complaining about! :wacko:

agreed Olga. How on earth can one expect the crownprince and princess of The Netherlands standing in a line with all sorts of vulgar celebrities? I am glad they cleared the red carpet for them and I was surprised that they seemed to be making replies to the microphones that some of the press put under their mouths.

Marengo said:
agreed Olga. How on earth can one expect the crownprince and princess of The Netherlands standing in a line with all sorts of vulgar celebrities?
you know in that sense, I was actually surprised they chose to attend the movie premiere at all--especially since the director, Paul Verhoeven, isn't exactly known for his subtle ways of telling a story--but they really seem to be stepping up making a concious effort to show an active interest in all aspects of their society. (esp. versus a few years ago it seems to me).

Again, for this movie, royal endorsement is the kind of PR money just can't buy. Of course, for the lead role actress, it meant she had to share the spotlight, which probably was what irked her, my oh my! :rolleyes:

Movie about 1940-1945

magnik said:
haha Zonk:lol:
I know that there's back to 20. or 30.'s , 40. maybe fashion but this hairdo isn't a good example. Maxima you could do much better! But the dress look good and pearls.

The Princess asked her coiffeur to create a 1940's style to remain in the movie's sphere.
Very well thought and with a very glamorous ánd sophisticated result.
The Prince and Princess have turned out to show their support for one of the nation's most well-known filmmakers. Paul Verhoeven is the name behind Hollywood blockbusters such as Total Recall and Basic Instinct. His latest story, however, is an intimate Dutch tale of a Jewish girl's survival of World War II.

The Dutch Princesses are the most unpredictable of all European Princesses. Mabel, Laurentien and Máxima: they never stop to amaze you with fantastic hits or absolute misses. I also like it how the Dutch Princesses are so inventive with their coiffures.

Last edited:
Even though Maxima is one of my favorite royals I really didn't like this "red carpet" exposure and salutation more expected from a hollywood star than from a princess.

Over all is a nice touch of her to dress and makes her hair in conexion to the movie, but neither the outfit or the hairdo suite her well IMO, since she have sun damage all this paraphernalia and stately stuff make the princess looks 10 years older.

RaniaRocks said:
Even though Maxima is one of my favorite royals I really didn't like this "red carpet" exposure and salutation more expected from a hollywood star than from a princess.

Over all is a nice touch of her to dress and makes her hair in conexion to the movie, but neither the outfit or the hairdo suite her well IMO, since she have sun damage all this paraphernalia and stately stuff make the princess looks 10 years older.

Is it a problem if the Princess looks older than her age? You must also not forget that she is flashed in the twilight outside and those are usually not the most flattery pictures. A one-legged Princess with yellow teeth and thick glasses can be a Princess of Orange as well.

The Princess is nothing more than the wedded spouse to the future King and the mother to a future Queen. It is of no importance if she looks pretty or not, older or younger, whatever.

Movie premieres are of all times actually. Queen Elizabeth II even went to the movies wearing complete diamond parures and elbow gloves. The Prince and Princess were aplauded and cheered by an enthusiastic crowd and they reacted on them. The Prince and Princess really were 'deaf' for the photopgraphers yelling for more.

Henri M. said:
The Princess is nothing more than the wedded spouse to the future King and the mother to a future Queen. It is of no importance if she looks pretty or not, older or younger, whatever.
You are right, but unfortunately the celebrity status of the present day younger royals seems to be taking over- at whose bequest needs to be discerned.

But the good thing is she is looking more and more like Beatrix.

Henri M. said:

I don't agree with this at all. Maxima is an ambassador to her country when she travels abroad and a representative when she travels within it. She is not "just" the wife of a future King and the mother of a future Queen. You make it sound like it's 1906 and she's just a face to slap on the money in a few years time.

She doesn't have to dress like she's going to the Oscars every night, but would you want your future queen photographed looking like a hobo? Probably not. I don't want our President dressing like a lumberjack when he's out representing our country for some event.

A one-legged Princess with yellow teeth and thick glasses can be a Princess of Orange as well.

:rolleyes:

Intelectually yes, I agree, since today they don't marry other princeses or royal members but common women yes, but the sort of "Prince-Payboys" of nowadays almost always looks for beautiful women (what those women will become in later is irrelevant, age is age for everyone) since they have everything and a circle of were to choose from they don't find that hard to find a soul mate; they may don't marry the adecuated one but they sure will marry the beautyful one, and Maxima was a beauty when Willem knew her, they don't marry the one-legged with yellow teeth and thick glasses dear, at least none of the new princess are like that, and if you beleive in what you just said then wait for Santa, he surely will pass by your house in Dec. :lol:

I like Maxima a lot, really, she's doing an incredible job with the microcredits and she's commitment to great causes and that's the reason I want her to glow and looks her best and choose outfits and hairdos that suit her well, you can be both really smart and good looked, there's no need to put years over you, no woman does it on purpose even though sometimes we don't pick exactly the best outfit, one has her days. :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom