The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 09:03 AM
Aristocracy

just yesterday i was wondering who are her godparents. they could have communicated this to us at least, as i understand their keeping it private.

Old 11-26-2005, 09:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

yeah I want see luana too, maybe in christmas (a christmas card).

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 12-11-2005, 03:49 PM
Aristocracy

More pics of Emma Luana???

I am surprised thare were no pics of the baptism of the baby?
Old 12-11-2005, 07:40 PM
Courtier

Do we know for sure she's been baptized yet?
Old 12-12-2005, 01:52 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

we don't, but I would be surprised if they didn't release any information about it. I know Luana, Mabel, JF arent members of the RH any more but they still televised their wedding, released a picture of the newborn, so I assume they would also release information about a baptism. As the couple was married in church I also assume they want to baptise their daughter.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

breaking news:

I just heard from a friend that Dutch TV is saying Luana will be baptized this week.

family only invited. no cameras. we'll be lucky if we get to see a few shots:(
Old 12-15-2005, 04:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ok, a few more details...

the baptism will be this Sunday. it will be held at Huis Ten Bosch. that's where the Queen lives.

the pastor will be Huub Osterhuis. I dont think he's officiated at previous royal events.

Luana was born March 26. thus she will probably be able to walk to the baptismal font herself.

I wonder if she will wear the traditional Oranje baptism gown that Alexia and Amalia wore.she might be too big for it.

well, anyway, atleast now we know she wasnt baptized secretly at some point. I do hope a few photos will be released.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
Luana was born March 26. thus she will probably be able to walk to the baptismal font herself.
Pollyemma, you really make me laugh out loud! LOL! I thought they never were going to baptize the poor child! I heard about it too (though trough one of the argentinian members here... ) Don't think that I'll be still awake to watch the late news, though ...
Old 12-15-2005, 05:12 PM
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie
Pollyemma, you really make me laugh out loud! LOL! I thought they never were going to baptize the poor child! I heard about it too (though trough one of the argentinian members here... ) Don't think that I'll be still awake to watch the late news, though ...

Finally she will be baptized!!!!!!!
Old 12-15-2005, 11:53 PM
Heir Apparent

thankness godness for baptism! but i cant wait see the baby and mabel and member of Families
Old 12-16-2005, 02:11 AM
Administrator

I don't believe there is a chapel at Huis ten Bosch. There was the former Angelican chapel of Princess Anne, Princess Royal & wife of Stadholder Willem IV, but they changed it into a normal room. Is it possible to be baptised in a normal room?

I wonder why they didn´t select the chapel at Palace het Loo, where Laurentien & Constantijn and the van Vollenhovens bapised their children.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:45 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
I don't believe there is a chapel at Huis ten Bosch. There was the former Angelican chapel of Princess Anne, Princess Royal & wife of Stadholder Willem IV, but they changed it into a normal room. Is it possible to be baptised in a normal room?

I wonder why they didn´t select the chapel at Palace het Loo, where Laurentien & Constantijn and the van Vollenhovens baptised their children.
I think it's odd to. I've been browsing the NOS site (which is the site that covers all the Dutch news) and I can't find anything about it, which really is quite bizarre. I should have guessed that they would have mentioned it by now... so I'm still a bit puzzled concerning this baptism... especially when there turns out to be no chapel in Huis Ten Bosch. There obviously will be a baptism, but why are they acting so strange about it? Baptize your child, give the press a few shots and that's it. Now the event will become only more and more interesting for the press...

The only thing I can find about it is this article in De Telegraaf, which says as much as Pollyemma already told us here.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:05 AM
Administrator

Although this might make the baptism more interesting for the press, the adventage of Huis ten Bosch is that it has a lot of privacy, so the photographers won't be able to 'get' anything. I hope however, that they will allow a courtphotographer to be present and that they will release some pitures of it. I still wonder in which room they will do the service. The Orangehall (Oranjesael), created by Princess Amalia in honour of her husband, stadholder Frederik-Hendrik would be to grand I guess.

Huub Oosterhuis is the father of singer Trijntje Oosterhuis and a former catholic priest btw. He also spoke at the funeral of Prince Claus.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:19 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm glad Luana is finally baptized, i thought it already happened long long time ago without publication, but it hasn't.
so, this is good news.
i'm only wondering whether we'll see members of RF present like in case of Eloise, Casimir, or the vollenhoven's babies? or will this be even much more low-key.
the belgian's prince emmanuel is also a family & closed baptism but they released few photos afterward. will this be like that?
Old 12-17-2005, 06:29 AM
Heir Apparent

i'm also glad she will finally be baptised. it's a pity we won't get any pictures though.... :(
as far as i know the only pictures we got about luana were the first ones with the queen and her parents and some other paparazzi ones when she was a little bit older. i know they are not part of the royal family anymore and that they may be hurt because of how the press treated mabel, but... i think being kind with the people costs nothing, and it's in that way how they would get more "love" from the dutch people (specially mabel, whose personality seems unclear to most of us).
let's pray we will get at least the official photos! :)

btw, maxie, pollyemma, marengo and purple platinum, just wanted to say i really enjoy your comments. it's nice seeing your posts here :)
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-17-2005, 11:23 AM
Gentry

Where is the picture of Emma Luana baptised?
Old 12-17-2005, 11:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian
Where is the picture of Emma Luana baptised?
there are no pictures yet. the baptism is this sunday and presumably the royal family will release some photos afterward.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:06 AM
Aristocracy

Today must be the baptism of Countess Luana, but I haven't read something about that. Is there anybody who has read something about this baptism today?
Old 12-18-2005, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

I have only read that it will be today..
Old 12-18-2005, 12:30 PM
Gentry

None picture of Emma's baptism today? Very sad:(:(:(