Countesses Luana and Emma, News and Pictures 1 (June 2005 - August 2009)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe there is a chapel at Huis ten Bosch. There was the former Angelican chapel of Princess Anne, Princess Royal & wife of Stadholder Willem IV, but they changed it into a normal room. Is it possible to be baptised in a normal room?

I wonder why they didn´t select the chapel at Palace het Loo, where Laurentien & Constantijn and the van Vollenhovens bapised their children.

Marengo said:
I don't believe there is a chapel at Huis ten Bosch. There was the former Angelican chapel of Princess Anne, Princess Royal & wife of Stadholder Willem IV, but they changed it into a normal room. Is it possible to be baptised in a normal room?

I wonder why they didn´t select the chapel at Palace het Loo, where Laurentien & Constantijn and the van Vollenhovens baptised their children.

I think it's odd to. I've been browsing the NOS site (which is the site that covers all the Dutch news) and I can't find anything about it, which really is quite bizarre. I should have guessed that they would have mentioned it by now... so I'm still a bit puzzled concerning this baptism... especially when there turns out to be no chapel in Huis Ten Bosch. There obviously will be a baptism, but why are they acting so strange about it? Baptize your child, give the press a few shots and that's it. Now the event will become only more and more interesting for the press...

The only thing I can find about it is this article in De Telegraaf, which says as much as Pollyemma already told us here.

Although this might make the baptism more interesting for the press, the adventage of Huis ten Bosch is that it has a lot of privacy, so the photographers won't be able to 'get' anything. I hope however, that they will allow a courtphotographer to be present and that they will release some pitures of it. I still wonder in which room they will do the service. The Orangehall (Oranjesael), created by Princess Amalia in honour of her husband, stadholder Frederik-Hendrik would be to grand I guess.

Huub Oosterhuis is the father of singer Trijntje Oosterhuis and a former catholic priest btw. He also spoke at the funeral of Prince Claus.

I'm glad Luana is finally baptized, i thought it already happened long long time ago without publication, but it hasn't.
so, this is good news.
i'm only wondering whether we'll see members of RF present like in case of Eloise, Casimir, or the vollenhoven's babies? or will this be even much more low-key.
the belgian's prince emmanuel is also a family & closed baptism but they released few photos afterward. will this be like that?

i'm also glad she will finally be baptised. it's a pity we won't get any pictures though.... :(
as far as i know the only pictures we got about luana were the first ones with the queen and her parents and some other paparazzi ones when she was a little bit older. i know they are not part of the royal family anymore and that they may be hurt because of how the press treated mabel, but... i think being kind with the people costs nothing, and it's in that way how they would get more "love" from the dutch people (specially mabel, whose personality seems unclear to most of us).
let's pray we will get at least the official photos! :)

btw, maxie, pollyemma, marengo and purple platinum, just wanted to say i really enjoy your comments. it's nice seeing your posts here :)

Gillian said:
Where is the picture of Emma Luana baptised?

there are no pictures yet. the baptism is this sunday and presumably the royal family will release some photos afterward.

Today must be the baptism of Countess Luana, but I haven't read something about that. Is there anybody who has read something about this baptism today?

None picture of Emma's baptism today? Very sad:(:(:(

Found at: www.koninklijkhuis.nl

Zijne Koninklijke Hoogheid Prins Constantijn is peetoom van Luana; haar peettantes zijn Eveline Wisse Smit, Sophie Barones von der Recke en Emma Bonino.

The godparents of HE Countess Emma Luana Ninette Sophie of Orange-Nassau, Jonkvrouwe van Amsberg are:
HRH Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands, Prince of Orange-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg
Eveline AWisse Smit
Sophie, Baroness von der Recke
Emma Bonino

Last edited:
oh darn it!

i wanted see the cutie baby at baptism but no pictures but im really hate it

No baptism and Luana isn't baptised in any particular faith, which is very odd as I wonder why they baptise her at all?

I think it is just a weird business, but that can be my odd perception of the matter... :rolleyes:

I want to see pictures! Such a shame!

Marengo said:
No baptism and Luana isn't baptised in any particular faith, which is very odd as I wonder why they baptise her at all?

How does one get baptised if there is no faith associated with it? Or is it a non denominational service in which it wouldn't officially be a baptism but is called such because it would be easier to explain?

Is Mabel of the Protestant faith too? Or is she of another faith that would make it difficult for them to choose what to baptise their daughter if Mabel and Johan-Friso are of different faiths?

So nice to see new photos of Luana.

Was the christening gown designed by Viktor and Rolf? I was wondering because of the bows.

Great picture! Luana is a cutie! Mabel's shoes are awesome!

What a cutie! I love the way she's holding on to her mom and looking right at the camera. And I love Mabel's outfit. I'm so happy they released a picture.

purple_platinum said:
Official Picture of Countess Luana's Baptism
(from de telegraaf, as posted by Joris on BRMB)

I think it is a victor and rolf christening gown! (and I'd meant that as a joke when i said it earlier)its definitely not the same one amalia and alexia wore.

mabel's outfit is actually rather nice. so restrained I'm impressed. I like the peter pan collar. and she looks great with her hair down.
but those shoes!!! ug.

and also can't Friso manage to look a little happy for his daughter's baptism.
he stands there so awkwardly if i just saw this photo and didnt know any better i'd think he wasnt the father. (maybe a bachelor uncle or something)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely pic!!
But i still can't believe Luana's christening gown had bows! Mabel is really a bows-fan!

the baby has a very cute face, eyes of her father I think.
Do not care for what seems to be grey ribbons in the material for the baby,
too avant garde.
Friso's looks in this picture like if he is not too bright a button.

Yay! Finally we got a picture! Luana is sooooo cute! She looks like a little adorable lady! Mabel looks very nice too, except for the shoes. :) And it wouldn't hurt Friso to smile a bit, but well, that's just him. I hope they are a really happy little family, the three of them.

But those bows on the gown! It's becoming a little bit ridiculous, this obsession with bows... I'm sure Viktor & Rolf are very talented designers who can also sell clothes to Mabel without bows on it... :rolleyes: I suggest they give it a try!

i agree... Mabel is definitely bow princess...

little Luana looks like she's wearing mini version of Mabel's wedding dress...
she still looks extra-cute, though..

aww, luana is so cute! its sad we only have one photo of her, but she looks really blond and vivid looking. i thought she was going to use the same christening dress amalia and alexia wore? who attended the baptism? who were the godparents finally?

from koninklijkhuis.nl (as translated by henri.m on BRMB) :

On behalf of Their Royal Highnesses Prince Friso and Princess Mabel, the Government Information Agency makes known the following:

Today, Countess Emma Luana Ninette Sophie, the daughter of Prince Friso and Princess Mabel has been baptized on Huis ten Bosch Palace.

The baptism has been done conform the liturgy of the Amsterdam Students' Ecclesia and was done by Huub Oosterhuis, a good friend of the couple.

Countess Luana will not be written into a certain Faith. The parents wants to let this important decision to Luana herself. Their daughter Luana will be raised in the spirit of their own Faith.

Godparents of Countess Luana:
His Royal Highness Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands
Sophie Baroness van der Recke (cousin of Prince Friso)
Eveline Wisse Smit (sister of Princess Mabel)
Emma Bonino, former European Commissioner (Italy)

Government Information Service, 18.12.2005, 16.30 hour

thanks so much for the link.

they're all carrying pink and white poinsettas. were those the "party favors'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom