Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien, News & Events 1 (Jan 2003 - March 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
November 26, 2004: Princess Laurentien visited the Castle of Ammersoyen in Ammerzoden. The princess on Friday was appointed as one of the Netherlands Ambassadors of the Hans Christian Andersen year 2005.
Princess Benedikt accompanied her..

Last edited by a moderator:
pdas1201 said:
November 26, 2004: Princess Laurentien visited the Castle of Ammersoyen in Ammerzoden. The princess on Friday was appointed as one of the Netherlands Ambassadors of the Hans Christian Andersen year 2005.
Princess Benedikt accompanied her..
where did she get this outfit from (so terrible it is almost funny)

susanstotz said:
where did she get this outfit from (so terrible it is almost funny)
LOL! I agree. Maybe jacket could have been okay if it was short and worn with black pants or a skirt. But with matching green pants and the jacket being so long, the outfit is terrible. She looks like the golly green giant or something. Its just too much green!

Yes,i only dont like it much.It looks not nice,a little terrible.So much green,and she should not wear that jacket,if it shorter maybe nicer.

It does look like something she could have worn:D , However I think Laurentien is a good choice for HC Andersen Ambessador, there has been some choices that I have wondered about, seems mostly like they got the job becuse they were celebreties. I wonder what HC Andersen would have thought about Liz Hurley beeing his ambasador:confused: . Märtha Louise would also make for a good ambassadour IMO

Larzen said:
It does look like something she could have worn:D , However I think Laurentien is a good choice for HC Andersen Ambessador, there has been some choices that I have wondered about, seems mostly like they got the job becuse they were celebreties. I wonder what HC Andersen would have thought about Liz Hurley beeing his ambasador:confused: . Märtha Louise would also make for a good ambassadour IMO
she got the job because she is doing something in Holland to get children reading more and fight illiteracy. they had to find a job for her that was cute and sympathetic because the dutch really do not like her, I do not know is least popular Mabel or Laurentien.
(everone likes maxima, some take exception to her father and even fewer do not approve of her statement regarding him, "I believe him when he says he did not know")

some more pics...

P.S. why don't the Dutch people like Laurentien???

susanstotz said:
she got the job because she is doing something in Holland to get children reading more and fight illiteracy. they had to find a job for her that was cute and sympathetic because the dutch really do not like her, I do not know is least popular Mabel or Laurentien.
(everone likes maxima, some take exception to her father and even fewer do not approve of her statement regarding him, "I believe him when he says he did not know")
What is your basis for this information?

My understanding (from my Dutch friends directly) is that Laurentien is very well liked within the country, and was well received from the beginning, first as Constantijn's girlfriend then as his fiancee, bride and now wife. She has a very good relationship with the Queen as well as other members of the royal family, and actually introduced Johan Friso and Mabel.

What is not to like about Laurentien? She is an educated, intelligent woman who had a successful career prior to marrying into the Dutch royal family. Since taking on royal duties Laurentien has proven herself with her numerous efforts, most notably bringing greater attention to the importance of literacy within Holland. She seems to be very down to earth and a loving wife and mother, daughter and sister in law and friend.

The only fault I could find with Laurentien might be that her fashion sense isn't quite all there, but that pales in comparison to her other achievements.

Alexandria said:
What is your basis for this information?

My understanding (from my Dutch friends directly) is that Laurentien is very well liked within the country, and was well received from the beginning, first as Constantijn's girlfriend then as his fiancee, bride and now wife. She has a very good relationship with the Queen as well as other members of the royal family, and actually introduced Johan Friso and Mabel.

What is not to like about Laurentien? She is an educated, intelligent woman who had a successful career prior to marrying into the Dutch royal family. Since taking on royal duties Laurentien has proven herself with her numerous efforts, most notably bringing greater attention to the importance of literacy within Holland. She seems to be very down to earth and a loving wife and mother, daughter and sister in law and friend.

The only fault I could find with Laurentien might be that her fashion sense isn't quite all there, but that pales in comparison to her other achievements.
now and then there are surveys printed in the telegraaf (not a newspaper with a high intellectual level but a very well sold one) and she is the last of the list.

I agree that rationally, she has never put a foot wrong, the reasons that she is not liked are probably very shallow, the lady who brings coffe and tea around at my work told me "she looks like a man" and I noticed that she speaks dutch with an accent more royal than the royals, a bit a case of overkill.

For myself, there is one very minute detail, at her civil marriage, the burgemaster of the hague, was to my taste, after the ceremony being a bit slimy, thanking the couple once too often, constantine smiled relaxed at the man and said nothing and laurentine smiled (my impression:looking tough, cold and arrogant) and just said "yes" to the man.
So I thought what do you mean, either say something a bit gratefull to him or say nothing.

[QUOTE

P.S. why don't the Dutch people like Laurentien???[/QUOTE]
Idon't think the Dutch people dislike her, she's just not very well known (she lives in Belgium, and only has a minor public role).

It's Mabel who is reall disliked.

Princess Laurentien and Prince Constantijn with children visited grandfather Bernhard, yesterday.

Ennyllorac said:
LOUD?? Bright????
oddly enough, I like it.
It has something quirky english about it, wearing bright shoes with black stockings, like if she did not really think.
What I do not like is the mother/daughter combination of wearing the same colours.
(the vieuw of her daughter climbing up the stairs is adorable)

Constantijn and Laurentien in recent days.

Attachments

• NL-1.jpg
    NL-1.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 754
  • NL-2.jpg
    NL-2.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 1,005
  • NL-3.jpg
    NL-3.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 289
It takes guts to dress like a trash, so while I'm lamenting at her brain, I do admire her courage.;)

1.A picture of Eloise..... :)

2.Another...

3.Constantijn and Laurentien

Attachments

• eloise1.PNG
    eloise1.PNG
    193.2 KB · Views: 324
  • eloise2.PNG
    eloise2.PNG
    197.5 KB · Views: 349
  • colau1.JPG
    colau1.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 283
Great pictures of Eloise. Thanks for posting them Patrick. :) She is getting so big and really is the spitting image of her mother. She is absolutely adorable in her snow suit. Too cute!

Constantijn, Laurentien & Family, News, Part 2 (Feb 2005-Mar 2006)

280fa170.jpg

Welcome to the second current events thread of Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien of The Netherlands.

-------
According to 'story' is it possible that laurentien is pregnant...

( I don't think so, because Laurentien 38 years old is)

xxPatrickxx said:
according to 'story' is it possible that laurentien is pregnant...

( I don't think so, because Laurentien 38 years old is)

Why isn't it possible? Women older than 38 have had babies so why can't Laurentien?

Being older certainly means more complications and health risks for Laurentien and a third baby but it doesn't mean it's impossible. Women are living longer and having babies later on in their lives. The medical advancements are far enough that they can detect potential problems or do tests to predict potential problems.

Constantijn and Laurentien's family need not stop only at two kids if they want more, nor should they feel deterred by her age.

it depends on the country ( for the ring)

megknight said:
In a lot of European countries the wedding ring is worn on the right hand.

In France for example it is worn in the left hand( the engagement ring is, on the contrary,, worn inthe riht hand)
In Spain it is on the right hand...

Any new pics of Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien?They have not began any visit yet while other Royals are doing very well.

Princess Laurentien receives a DVD made for children with hearing problems. From Colourpress:

Attachments

• COLOUR10132410.jpg
    COLOUR10132410.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 236
  • COLOUR10132421.jpg
    COLOUR10132421.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 218
  • COLOUR10132422.jpg
    COLOUR10132422.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 194
  • COLOUR10132423.jpg
    COLOUR10132423.jpg