The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 03:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by galuhcandrakirana
A very interesting description of the lady and her daughter. Sean~, do you have picture or link about them.
You can visit this site devoted to the Maharani of Jaipur, there you will find numerous pics of her, but none of her mother, as far as I can recall. There are a couple of her father.

http://members.tripod.com/maharaniofjaipur/id17.htm

Picture of Indira Devi with her sons holding court in her latter years

http://coochbehar.nic.in/Htmfiles/ro...e_gallery.html

I have some personal pics, but can't size them down. Will try and post them later.

Old 06-30-2005, 03:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201
Actually, I know quite about her and her family, being Indian myself
How wonderful! I hope that, in that, case you weren't offended by my offer of a potted history. Actually, I assumed you were familiar, and the offer was more for the others. In any case, are you Bengali and from the Cooch Behar region?

Old 06-30-2005, 03:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I posted a few pics of Indira Devi and her daughter in the Photo Gallery. Here they are...

1) Maharani Indira Devi of Cooch Behar
2-3) Maharani Gayatri Devi of Jaipur
(I have some more pics of the book written by Maharani Gayatri Devi, will try to post them soon)
I have that book, too, plus gorgeous coffee table books with breathtaking pics of Indian royals, but I'm not a wiz with scaling pics, unfortunately.

From a Princess Remembers, I love the pic of a very young Indira Devi weighed with pearls next to her mother, Chimnabai. Wish I had it in colour.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean.~
How wonderful! I hope that, in that, case you weren't offended by my offer of a potted history. Actually, I assumed you were familiar, and the offer was more for the others. In any case, are you Bengali and from the Cooch Behar region?
Oh No!!! I was absolutely not offended by your offer of a potted history. I love people who adore the same royals as me Please don't feel I got offended, on the contrary I loved it.

Nope, I am afraid I am not a Bengali. I am a Punjabi and never really lived in India. But, like all countries us Indians have a particular love of royalty (even after they were deposed) I just followed them like I do the other royals, though now its a little bit harder as the present Maharani of Jaipur (who I love the best of all Maharanis) doesn't venture into public much.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:47 AM
Serene Highness

The Princess of Asturias

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...fe/Letizia.jpg
Old 06-30-2005, 03:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

From a Princess Remembers, I love the pic of a very young Indira Devi weighed with pearls next to her mother, Chimnabai. Wish I had it in colour.
I think you mean this one. It my favorite as well.

Old 06-30-2005, 03:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Well then we're both Punjabis (although we've been away for generations, so I'm more of a Sikh than a Punjabi). Any interest in the politically active Patialia family, namely the Maharani, or in the descendants of Maharaja Ranjit Singh?
I think its better if we talk via PM. It seems we are taking a lot of space in the thread for our conversations.:)
Old 06-30-2005, 04:14 AM
Courtier

Smile

Quote:
I posted a few pics of Indira Devi and her daughter in the Photo Gallery. Here they are...
Both are beautiful woman indeed, thanks for the pictures.
Quote:
You can visit this site devoted to the Maharani of Jaipur...
Thanks for the site
Old 06-30-2005, 06:34 AM
Nobility

Her Royal Highness the Princess Royal

Because Anne has a lot of guts.

I also like HRH Princess Badiya bint El Hassan of Jordan a lot.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:15 AM
Aristocracy

Crownprincess Mathilde !!!:) :) :)

She's smart , elegant ,friendly, beautiful , and a wonderfull wife and mother to Philliphe , Elisabeth , Gabriel and the new baby . Such a sweet woman !
I adore her
Old 06-30-2005, 08:26 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Hsu
I absolutely agree with you. Very well said ! Well done ! :)

My vote also goes to Crown Pricess Mary of Denmark since she is so sweet, smart, elegant and beautiful.

She has done a great job so far and surely she will continue to improve.

Cheers !
Thanx :)
Old 06-30-2005, 09:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilia
Crownprincess Mathilde !!!:) :) :)

She's smart , elegant ,friendly, beautiful , and a wonderfull wife and mother to Philliphe , Elisabeth , Gabriel and the new baby . Such a sweet woman !
I adore her
I agree. She's a truly inspirational woman. Everything she does, she does it with a smile, with poise and grace and with her whole heart. :) I also have to say Princess Märtha Louise. She seems like a wonderful wife and mother as well, and is not afraid to be a little different. Her smile is so genuine and she has this incredible warmth about her. While I admire many other Princesses, I think I relate to these two more than any other, which is probably why they're my favourites.

Old 06-30-2005, 09:39 AM
Aristocracy

My vote goes to CP Mary, she's done exceptionally well learning the new language, settling into not only a married life but a royal life in a foreign country away from all her friends and family, learning all the things royals have to learn, getting pregnant and doing all the solo duties she has done whilst keeping a beautiful smile on her face!
Old 06-30-2005, 03:42 PM
Serene Highness

I´m between Princess Caroline of Monaco and her daughter Charlotte Casiraghi
The topic says:"Your very only favourite princess" Charlotte isn´t a princess, so my favourite would be Princess Caroline of Monaco.
Old 06-30-2005, 05:20 PM
Aristocracy

My vote goes to Pincess MAry.I agreed with tiff_tiff_tiff2000.She´s fabulouse...she gaves Denmark projection...Danish fashion, tourism and exportations incresase a great deal since she's Denmark Crown Princess...This and much more, we cant forget all the beneficence work she´s doing, must of times alone! All this in a foreign country!!Mary is lovely! I wish her the best!!!
Old 06-30-2005, 09:41 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Really? And, pray tell, why?

I'm just kidding. I think she carries herself incredibly well, and is wonderfully well-put together lady (in every respect). She is a credit to her parents and her country. What a Princess should be (well in my veiw, anyway).
Exactly. Pretty much what I would have said.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:30 AM
Courtier

(Then) HRH Princess Margrethe of Denmark.

I have read many articles and interviews, and I have seen many videos of her throughout her life. I greatly admire her sweetness, intelligence, devotion to her country, youthful spirit, and curious nature.
Old 07-01-2005, 05:59 PM
Heir Apparent

INTERESTING! thank you all!

i think an admirable princess was princess leila of iran. :)

wonderful to hear all your opinions, boys and girls!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-01-2005, 06:32 PM
Royal Highness

Favorite Born Princess:
1. Caroline of Monaco, the current Crown Princess of Monaco. She is the essence of her mother and father's better traits.

Favorite Princess by marriage:

1. Grace Kelly, Princess of Monaco for being the most beautiful Princess in history, and a great lady.

2. Diana Princess of Wales, for bringing the real world to the House of Windsor.

3. Letizia, Princess of Asturias, for adjusting so well and being able to follow the path and standards set by Queen Sofia as how to conduct herself in public.

4. Lalla, Princess of Morroco, for bringing a new and favourable image of women in the Muslim world. Hope she gets crowned Queen one day like Farah Pahlavi was crowned Empress.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:34 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

My vote goes to Princess Maxima, she is commited to here causes (which are more serious then just fashion and making glamourous magazine covers in borrowed clothes), mastered dutch very quickly, shows charm, energy, intelligence and genuine interest to all who meet her. A hardworking mother of Amalia and Alexia, who is surely enjoying her maternity leave, especially after her busy work-sheduele during her pregnancy.