The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 04:21 PM

My favorite Crown Princess Letizia

Old 06-29-2005, 05:11 PM
Nobility

My fav Crown princess Mary of Denmark... leaving her family and friends in Ausi and starting a whole new life isnt an easy thing to do. She worked hard to fit into royal life which shes got no idea about, and learning a diffcult language. Shes doing a good job :)

Old 06-29-2005, 09:38 PM
Courtier

My favorite, as if everybody doesn't know, is HRH Princess Benedikte. She is quite elegant, always an outstanding representative of Denmark! She supports her Queen, her sister, with such dignity and grace. Her three children seems to be as unspoiled as herself. In her youth, she was, imho, quite beautiful; and matured into a beautiful woman. I feel that she is the prettiest of the three sisters.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:46 PM
Nobility

My favorite princess of all time is the Princess Anna Comnena of Byzantium. She was a strong-willed and intelligent woman, one of the first female writers in history (The Alexiad), and a formidable force in Byzantine politics.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:59 PM
Serene Highness

I guess right now, my favorite would be Princess Soraya of Iran. She married for love but unfortunately that ironically led to great sadness for her. A very interesting destiny fate dealt her.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:06 PM
Courtier

hohoooo...my favorite~!!!!

HH Princess Alexandra of Denmark, Countess of Frederiksborg
Old 06-29-2005, 10:53 PM
Nobility

to me is CP Letizia, she is so smart, that now she understands that itīs time to learn, and she donīt have to be hurry, because she wants to do it not well but perfect
Old 06-29-2005, 11:48 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nad25
My fav Crown princess Mary of Denmark... leaving her family and friends in Ausi and starting a whole new life isnt an easy thing to do. She worked hard to fit into royal life which shes got no idea about, and learning a diffcult language. Shes doing a good job :)
I absolutely agree with you. Very well said ! Well done ! :)

My vote also goes to Crown Pricess Mary of Denmark since she is so sweet, smart, elegant and beautiful.

She has done a great job so far and surely she will continue to improve.

Cheers !
Old 06-30-2005, 12:01 AM
Courtier

The Maharani Indira Devi of Cooch Behar. If we're talkin European, then Victoria, Victoria.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:06 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean.~
If we're talkin European, then Victoria, Victoria.
Good choice. I think I would have picked her as well.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:17 AM
Gentry

most beautiful is definitely Diana, princess of wales and Grace Kelly

most inteligent are Masako, Letizia and Maxima

most elegant is Mathilde

most beautiful skin are Mary and Rania

most stylist is Rania
Old 06-30-2005, 02:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigheadshirmp
hohoooo...my favorite~!!!!

HH Princess Alexandra of Denmark, Countess of Frederiksborg
She is also my favorite princess
Old 06-30-2005, 02:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisnu
most beautiful skin are Mary
Wisnu, you have to look her face skin closely, specialy suround her eyes (she is not even 35 years old yet but has so many wrinkles). But indeed she seems to have much better skin after being a princess
Old 06-30-2005, 03:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
The Maharani Indira Devi of Cooch Behar.
Excellent choice, Sean, although I am surprised as I thought not people knew of her. How did you find out?? Did you read the book 'Maharanis" by Lucy Moore. Personally, I like her daughter a little better, Maharani Gayatri Devi, she is a remarkable lady who has the courage to stand up for herself.

On the western side, I love Princess Alexandra of Denmark. She is also a remarkable lady who came from another country (leaving a successful job), became Danish in every sense of the word. Now, even after her marriage is over, she is still devoting her time and energy to her adopted country, Denmark.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
Good choice. I think I would have picked her as well.
Really? And, pray tell, why?

I'm just kidding. I think she carries herself incredibly well, and is wonderfully well-put together lady (in every respect). She is a credit to her parents and her country. What a Princess should be (well in my veiw, anyway).

Indira Devi of Cooch Behar (nee Baroda), mother of the dowger of Jaipur, was a much more controversial and colourful lady, but this is what made this young widow interesting. She was a woman beyond her time. Her daughter, once voted one of the ten most beautiful women in the world & then woman to win the largest majority in an election, would be a close runner up.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201
Excellent choice, Sean, although I am surprised as I thought not people knew of her. How did you find out?? Did you read the book 'Maharanis" by Lucy Moore. Personally, I like her daughter a little better, Maharani Gayatri Devi, she is a remarkable lady who has the courage to stand up for herself.

On the western side, I love Princess Alexandra of Denmark. She is also a remarkable lady who came from another country (leaving a successful job), became Danish in every sense of the word. Now, even after her marriage is over, she is still devoting her time and energy to her adopted country, Denmark.
Princess Alexandra is a wonderful choice, too. I would have picked her as my runner-up to Victoria. Alexandra too, has it all. An accomplished woman in her own right, who has always handled herself in a manner that is beyond reproach.

With respect to Indira Devi, Indian history, politics, culture, and of course, the princely houses, has been a hobby of mine since the age of five. It is partly attributable to my familial background, I guess. In any case, she was a famous woman during her time, despite the small stature of the house of Cooch Behar. Her mother, Maharani Chimnabai of Baroda, was also a very accomplished woman, but very different from her daughter. If anyone is interested, I would be delighted to provide a potted history on these women.

So, you're familiar with the Indian houses, too! That's wonderful!
Old 06-30-2005, 03:13 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by galuhcandrakirana
Wisnu, you have to look her face skin closely, specialy suround her eyes (she is not even 35 years old yet but has so many wrinkles). But indeed she seems to have much better skin after being a princess
Lifetime supply to Ole Henriksen eye cream, maybe?? I'm just teasing. I've never noticed around her eyes, really.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I think she carries herself incredibly well, and is wonderfully well-put together lady (in every respect). She is a credit to her parents and her country. What a Princess should be (well in my veiw, anyway).
Indira Devi of Cooch Behar (nee Baroda), mother of the dowger of Jaipur, was a much more controversial and colourful lady, but this is what made this young widow interesting. She was a woman beyond her time. Her daughter, once voted one of the ten most beautiful women in the world & then woman to win the largest majority in an election, would be a close runner up.
A very interesting description of the lady and her daughter. Sean~, do you have picture or link about them.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Princess Alexandra is a wonderful choice, too. I would have picked her as my runner-up to Victoria. Alexandra too, has it all. An accomplished woman in her own right, who has always handled herself in a manner that is beyond reproach.

With respect to Indira Devi, Indian history, politics, culture, and of course, the princely houses, has been a hobby of mine since the age of five. It is partly attributable to my familial background, I guess. In any case, she was a famous woman during her time, despite the small stature of the house of Cooch Behar. Her mother, Maharani Chimnabai of Baroda, was also a very accomplished woman, but very different from her daughter. If anyone is interested, I would be delighted to provide a potted history on these women.

So, you're familiar with the Indian houses, too! That's wonderful!
Actually, I know quite about her and her family, being Indian myself
Old 06-30-2005, 03:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by galuhcandrakirana
A very interesting description of the lady and her daughter. Sean~, do you have picture or link about them.

I posted a few pics of Indira Devi and her daughter in the Photo Gallery. Here they are...

1) Maharani Indira Devi of Cooch Behar
2-3) Maharani Gayatri Devi of Jaipur
(I have some more pics of the book written by Maharani Gayatri Devi, will try to post them soon)