The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 06-29-2005, 04:21 PM
gis gis is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , Dominican Republic
Posts: 4
My favorite Crown Princess Letizia
__________________

__________________
  #22  
Old 06-29-2005, 05:11 PM
Nad25's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 367
My fav Crown princess Mary of Denmark... leaving her family and friends in Ausi and starting a whole new life isnt an easy thing to do. She worked hard to fit into royal life which shes got no idea about, and learning a diffcult language. Shes doing a good job :)
__________________

__________________
''The feeling remains that God is on the journey, too." - Saint Teresa of Avila.
  #23  
Old 06-29-2005, 09:38 PM
michelleq's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Philadelphia Region, United States
Posts: 771
My favorite, as if everybody doesn't know, is HRH Princess Benedikte. She is quite elegant, always an outstanding representative of Denmark! She supports her Queen, her sister, with such dignity and grace. Her three children seems to be as unspoiled as herself. In her youth, she was, imho, quite beautiful; and matured into a beautiful woman. I feel that she is the prettiest of the three sisters.
__________________
"Love thy neighbor as thyself"
  #24  
Old 06-29-2005, 09:46 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 421
My favorite princess of all time is the Princess Anna Comnena of Byzantium. She was a strong-willed and intelligent woman, one of the first female writers in history (The Alexiad), and a formidable force in Byzantine politics.
__________________
The English take the breeding of their horses and dogs more seriously than they do their children- HRH Princess Michael of Kent
  #25  
Old 06-29-2005, 09:59 PM
EmpressRouge's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,293
I guess right now, my favorite would be Princess Soraya of Iran. She married for love but unfortunately that ironically led to great sadness for her. A very interesting destiny fate dealt her.
__________________
Real princesses always wear sleeves so why do we all go for strapless?
  #26  
Old 06-29-2005, 10:06 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 767
hohoooo...my favorite~!!!!

HH Princess Alexandra of Denmark, Countess of Frederiksborg
__________________
  #27  
Old 06-29-2005, 10:53 PM
lis lis is offline
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: , Venezuela
Posts: 311
to me is CP Letizia, she is so smart, that now she understands that itīs time to learn, and she donīt have to be hurry, because she wants to do it not well but perfect
__________________
  #28  
Old 06-29-2005, 11:48 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SYDNEY, Australia
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nad25
My fav Crown princess Mary of Denmark... leaving her family and friends in Ausi and starting a whole new life isnt an easy thing to do. She worked hard to fit into royal life which shes got no idea about, and learning a diffcult language. Shes doing a good job :)
I absolutely agree with you. Very well said ! Well done ! :)

My vote also goes to Crown Pricess Mary of Denmark since she is so sweet, smart, elegant and beautiful.

She has done a great job so far and surely she will continue to improve.

Cheers !
__________________
  #29  
Old 06-30-2005, 12:01 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 898
The Maharani Indira Devi of Cooch Behar. If we're talkin European, then Victoria, Victoria.
__________________
  #30  
Old 06-30-2005, 12:06 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Posts: 6,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean.~
If we're talkin European, then Victoria, Victoria.
Good choice. I think I would have picked her as well.
__________________
  #31  
Old 06-30-2005, 01:17 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 55
most beautiful is definitely Diana, princess of wales and Grace Kelly

most inteligent are Masako, Letizia and Maxima

most elegant is Mathilde

most beautiful skin are Mary and Rania

most stylist is Rania
__________________
  #32  
Old 06-30-2005, 02:53 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigheadshirmp
hohoooo...my favorite~!!!!

HH Princess Alexandra of Denmark, Countess of Frederiksborg
She is also my favorite princess
__________________
  #33  
Old 06-30-2005, 02:57 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisnu
most beautiful skin are Mary
Wisnu, you have to look her face skin closely, specialy suround her eyes (she is not even 35 years old yet but has so many wrinkles). But indeed she seems to have much better skin after being a princess
__________________
  #34  
Old 06-30-2005, 03:03 AM
pdas1201's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Houston, United States
Posts: 2,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean.~
The Maharani Indira Devi of Cooch Behar.
Excellent choice, Sean, although I am surprised as I thought not people knew of her. How did you find out?? Did you read the book 'Maharanis" by Lucy Moore. Personally, I like her daughter a little better, Maharani Gayatri Devi, she is a remarkable lady who has the courage to stand up for herself.

On the western side, I love Princess Alexandra of Denmark. She is also a remarkable lady who came from another country (leaving a successful job), became Danish in every sense of the word. Now, even after her marriage is over, she is still devoting her time and energy to her adopted country, Denmark.
__________________
  #35  
Old 06-30-2005, 03:04 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
Good choice. I think I would have picked her as well.
Really? And, pray tell, why?

I'm just kidding. I think she carries herself incredibly well, and is wonderfully well-put together lady (in every respect). She is a credit to her parents and her country. What a Princess should be (well in my veiw, anyway).

Indira Devi of Cooch Behar (nee Baroda), mother of the dowger of Jaipur, was a much more controversial and colourful lady, but this is what made this young widow interesting. She was a woman beyond her time. Her daughter, once voted one of the ten most beautiful women in the world & then woman to win the largest majority in an election, would be a close runner up.
__________________
  #36  
Old 06-30-2005, 03:10 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 898
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201
Excellent choice, Sean, although I am surprised as I thought not people knew of her. How did you find out?? Did you read the book 'Maharanis" by Lucy Moore. Personally, I like her daughter a little better, Maharani Gayatri Devi, she is a remarkable lady who has the courage to stand up for herself.

On the western side, I love Princess Alexandra of Denmark. She is also a remarkable lady who came from another country (leaving a successful job), became Danish in every sense of the word. Now, even after her marriage is over, she is still devoting her time and energy to her adopted country, Denmark.
Princess Alexandra is a wonderful choice, too. I would have picked her as my runner-up to Victoria. Alexandra too, has it all. An accomplished woman in her own right, who has always handled herself in a manner that is beyond reproach.

With respect to Indira Devi, Indian history, politics, culture, and of course, the princely houses, has been a hobby of mine since the age of five. It is partly attributable to my familial background, I guess. In any case, she was a famous woman during her time, despite the small stature of the house of Cooch Behar. Her mother, Maharani Chimnabai of Baroda, was also a very accomplished woman, but very different from her daughter. If anyone is interested, I would be delighted to provide a potted history on these women.

So, you're familiar with the Indian houses, too! That's wonderful!
__________________
  #37  
Old 06-30-2005, 03:13 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 898
Quote:
Originally Posted by galuhcandrakirana
Wisnu, you have to look her face skin closely, specialy suround her eyes (she is not even 35 years old yet but has so many wrinkles). But indeed she seems to have much better skin after being a princess
Lifetime supply to Ole Henriksen eye cream, maybe?? I'm just teasing. I've never noticed around her eyes, really.
__________________
  #38  
Old 06-30-2005, 03:16 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean.~
I think she carries herself incredibly well, and is wonderfully well-put together lady (in every respect). She is a credit to her parents and her country. What a Princess should be (well in my veiw, anyway).
Indira Devi of Cooch Behar (nee Baroda), mother of the dowger of Jaipur, was a much more controversial and colourful lady, but this is what made this young widow interesting. She was a woman beyond her time. Her daughter, once voted one of the ten most beautiful women in the world & then woman to win the largest majority in an election, would be a close runner up.
A very interesting description of the lady and her daughter. Sean~, do you have picture or link about them.
__________________
  #39  
Old 06-30-2005, 03:28 AM
pdas1201's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Houston, United States
Posts: 2,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean.~
Princess Alexandra is a wonderful choice, too. I would have picked her as my runner-up to Victoria. Alexandra too, has it all. An accomplished woman in her own right, who has always handled herself in a manner that is beyond reproach.

With respect to Indira Devi, Indian history, politics, culture, and of course, the princely houses, has been a hobby of mine since the age of five. It is partly attributable to my familial background, I guess. In any case, she was a famous woman during her time, despite the small stature of the house of Cooch Behar. Her mother, Maharani Chimnabai of Baroda, was also a very accomplished woman, but very different from her daughter. If anyone is interested, I would be delighted to provide a potted history on these women.

So, you're familiar with the Indian houses, too! That's wonderful!
Actually, I know quite about her and her family, being Indian myself
__________________
  #40  
Old 06-30-2005, 03:30 AM
pdas1201's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Houston, United States
Posts: 2,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by galuhcandrakirana
A very interesting description of the lady and her daughter. Sean~, do you have picture or link about them.

I posted a few pics of Indira Devi and her daughter in the Photo Gallery. Here they are...

1) Maharani Indira Devi of Cooch Behar
2-3) Maharani Gayatri Devi of Jaipur
(I have some more pics of the book written by Maharani Gayatri Devi, will try to post them soon)
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events diana engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hohenzollern infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympics ottoman pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding william



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:30 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]