Your Favourite Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i adore the belgian royal family!!! queen paola and princess asrid being my favourites among the women.............and i obviously adore amadeo......very handsome :)

British is the easiest to follow in the US, but I like Greece, Denmark and Monaco's the best.

British, Danish (b/c of Princess Mary, mainly), Spain, Netherlands

Monaco's, of course! i don't really follow any other....

I originally, until this great forum, only followed the British royal family but now I love the Norwegian and Spanish families also. What I love the most of all the royal families is the wonderful children that we are going to get to see grow up and become great members of society.

Monegasque, but mainly because I'm still attracted to the enigma that was Grace.:rose:

Denmark (or ex-danish, as Countess Alexandra is obviously not a member of the DRF) and I will be following Marie - I am interested in how that turns out (well, I think).
I also follow Queen Rania & King Abdullah, and sometimes the Luxembourg family. But I msinly follow Countess Alexandra.

The Spanish Royal Family - Felipe, Letizia, Leonor and Sofia are my favorites.

as i am moroccan the family i follow most is the royal family of morocco,and the other royal arabic families.but Generally like to hear about all the royals:)

The British of course ;). Sometimes the Spanish but not really often ...

Danish Royal Family, I love all its members!

Dutch Royal Family (because of Máxima)

Get ready this is a long one to explain,

Well, the family that led me to seek out TRFs was the Spanish RF. The wedding of Felipe and Letizia made news here, mainly b/c she was a divorcee. So I sought out more info online and I soon discovered TRF's. So I'm a little partial to see what is going on with them. This family seems to be very in tune with their country, which I like. The thing that annoys me some is some of the family outings for birthdays, summer, and most recently the zoo. These outings don't appear to me as real good family time. It seems so purposeful. And they seem to really play to the cameras, especially during their summer break.

My ancestry is Swedish and I can identify a lot with Victoria and her siblings, so I pay attention to the Swedes.

Norway, well I like the storyline there. Both Harald and then Haakon married women that would not have been thought of to be great matches for royalty. Especially, Mette-Marit. But still the family appears to have a very close nucleus which is nice to view. However, I'm a little uneasy with Martha Louise.

Denmark, one of my latest faves. Not sure why but it took me awhile to warm up to them. I used to even find the Danish forums to be very uncomfortable places to be at TRF. But in recent months I see this RF differently. I actually think they are the RF that is most likely to show you their human side. Just pay attention to the DRW site, and one will see them all doing many normal activities.

Dutch, ah the Dutch! I find the fun-loving Dutch royals very easy to like. Q. Beatrix is likely the regent I check up on the most. I think the thing I like the most is the size of the Dutch family, there are so many members to follow which makes things more interesting, imo.

Now for the Belgians, this family I like certain members. I can't find any fault with Mathilde, she seems so comfortable and natural in her appearances. Philippe I actually feel somewhat sorry for, it appears they like to make fun of him a lot but yet I think he does take his job seriously, from what I have seen. The King always makes me laugh he just seems very jolly!

Well, the 2 families we here in America receive the most info about are the British and at times Monaco's RF. So ,truthfully I rarely venture into those threads while I'm here. Something quite major has to be going on for me to seek out those threads(state visits, wedding, births, etc.).

I really like all the RF's. They are all different and unique. It kind of depends on my own personal mood to see who's thread I go to first when logging in. I also tend to have different favorites at different times of the year.

Queen Rania and King Abdullah are muy favorites.
I also follow the Spanish Royal Family, Mary and Frederik and sometimes Máxima and Madeleine.

The Dutch, definitely. My boyfriend's Dutch, I am argentinian... seems like a good excuse to follow them he!

I came on the forums being a huge fan of the Danish Royals, and Kate Middleton. Now, I follow the Danish and Spanish royals pretty equally, probably a little bit more the Spanish royals if I had to choose. I also check up on the Dutch, Norwegian, and Swedish royals, and once in a while the Belgians. Sometimes I look at the British, but mostly only if it's a fairly big event (official, birth, death, marriage, engagement, etc.), but I do check the Wills and Kate threads a bit more often than that. I don't care for the royals in Monaco at all, we hear too much about them over here, and frankly I find them a bit too showey, it's not really the right word, but it's the only one I can think of to describe it.

I like Greek, Spain, Denmark, Belgium and the Netherlands most. Thats not one, sorry. Also, like Britain.LOL! And Norway!

Last edited:
While the Princess of Wales was alive it was definitely the British Royals. Sadly I have lost almost complete interest in them now.

I now love reading about the Grimaldis of Monaco, because they are sheer entertainment and soap opera on a high level, not to mention very beautiful.

Despite their many problems, the Belgian RF strikes me as the most "Royal" of all the Houses in Europe. They choose classy and suitable marriage partners, and for the most part stay happily married FOR LIFE. Even bad sheep Laurent seems to have gotten his act together and married well....I love them!

I am fascinated by the Grimaldi's of Monaco but I love the Belgians. So classy. So "Royal!"

I love Queen Fabiola the most, followed by Astrid, Philippe and their families.

I feel fortunate, because the royal family who adore and admire most is the spanish one, the family representing my country.

Frankly, I do not 'adore' any RF... (no offense, but 'adoration' sounds a little bit extreme to me)... I merely have interest in the Dutch RF, yes...but 'adoring' to me would be having Máxima & WA as wallpaper in my room... and I am really very far away from that...

I am a big fan of all Imperial and Royal Families because I am a Monarchist and Royalist.But I am also and Anglophile so my favorite is the British Royal Family.For a long time I got into the Spanish Royal Family and focused on them.But only recently I have gone back to the British Royal Family because of all the recent excitement surrounding Prince William and Kate.

Well I follow mostly Sweden, Danish, Norway,Belgium, Dutch and British Royal families.

I am a big fan of the Royal Family of Belgium. Queen Paola and King Albert seem very approachable and down to earth. Actually, the whole family does!

I admired the Belgian royal family
this family is a very harmonius family

And Maria Laura is a beautiful young woman !!

Last edited:
I love the royal familes of the different emirates of UAE.

I was fortunate enough to have friends from each of the ruling familes and my late Emirati Partner was related to the ruling families of Umm Al Quwain, Abu Dhabi and Ajman.
I lived in UAE for 13 years up until 2004 and was so lucky to live not as a typical Expat but as part of the Emirati community and that is why they are still my fav royal family.

I really like:
Monaco, Belguim and Danemark!

I really like the Monaco royal family they have that American connection that got me interested in them in the first place and they re the most fun to watch and read about.Also Caroline was my first princess .

I also like they more relaxed down to earth qualties of the Scandinavian royals.The Dutch and Danish,Sweedish and Norwegians seem to me what modern royalty should be.

The Spanish royals are growing on me.I still find the British royals entertaining but I less impressed with them then I use to be.

I wouldn't say "adore" as such but I admire the Dutch royal family, mainly for the seemingly close relationship they have with each other. They seem a very loving family and I find them interesting:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom