Your Favourite British Royal?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I wouldn't say a fan really, it wouldn't sum her up for me. I think the young Diana had unresolved issues. She would probably have been fine if she had married a man well out of the public eye, a family man. She was in a position she was ill equipped to deal with, and at times it brought out the worst in her. As a woman, a human being, she was beautiful inside and out. As a princess, she was unable to cope. It tore her apart, and she appeared to have very little support. As her brother Earl Spencer said, she was a very complex person. Not very well understood, and with no idea how to woo her straying husband back. Tears and tantrums were never going to succeed, but she was young and in love and reacted like most of us would have done. She ended up having a very sad life really, but leaving her mark on the most vulnerable and unfortunate in the world, giving them hope for the future.
That is who I admired- the human being.
And the hope she gave to the less fortunate- that is why I admired her.

I've now got some more to add to my previous list which had just Princess Diana and Prince Harry. They are;

Princess Eugenie - she seems to be a genuinely nice and warm person. Goes about doing her stuff without making headlines( not that she carries out royal duties). She seems to have finally come out of her mothers and sisters shadow and is doing a great job

Countess of Wessex - she is everything the queen could ask for in a daughter in law discreet, loyal and hardworking

Autumn Philips- no particular reason just like how very normal she is

Lady Sarah Chatto - hardworking and she seems to be a great mother

Sir Angus Ogilvy - a perfect partner for Princess Alexandra. He seemed so supportive

Princess Alexandra - very hardworking and a stalwart of the BRF

Strangely enough I admire Sarah, duchess of York - she's made mistakes and continues to make them. She may have married a prince for all that came with it but she's worked hard to amass the fortune she has after all her BAD decisions. Also she's always been there for her daughters and maintained a lovely relationship with her ex husband. She is undoubtedly full of flaws but she's very normal and has worked really hard. She is by no means the perfect royal but a perfect parent

The Gloucesters, Richard and Birgitta.
The Wessexes, Edward and Sophie

Examples of how successful it can be to bring "new blood" into TRF. May the trend continue.

Among those gone before: The Gloucesters, Henry and Alice.

Last edited:
Princess Anne hands down, because I have so much in common with her. I think the biggest one I think is that I also grew up surrounded by boys. I only have 2 brothers, who are both younger; and on my dad's side, five cousins who are all male and all older than me; the oldest one was 15 when I was born, and the youngest was 3. I was the ONLY female grandchild my dad's parents had, and they spoiled me rotten. My grandpa always said I was his favourite granddaughter (LOL!)

Last edited:
I note that a lot of folks on this thread like Prince Charles. I do to. He has made excellent achievements. He is old enough to retire, but he hasn't even begun his main job, which is being King. He managed to marry his true love in spite of what people might think, and to make it a successful marriage without rancor for anyone else. He is a student of history. As I said above, the Gloucesters and Wessexes are my favorites, as dignified, handsome and charming family groups, but I have to say Good Show to Charles, too, who fought his way through a hard life.

I love Sophie, Camilla, Charles and Autumn

My favorites are:

Elizabeth II: HM seems to be such a hard working monarch, and I also think that she enjoys what she does. She seems to be very loyal to her country and people, and to me, she also has a warm relationship with all her children and grandchildren, which is lovely.

The Duchess of Cambridge: She seems to get on well with most of the BRF, particularly the Wessex family. I love the photos of Catherine and the children at Trooping of the Colour in 2011. Another reason why I like Catherine is that whenever she visits schools/hospitals/the public, she always seems to enjoy seeing them, and they always seem to enjoy seeing her.

Prince Harry: I think that Harry is a natural people person, and I've noticed that he seems to be happy when he's around children, which is lovely to see- I also think that he'll make a great uncle.

The Countess of Wessex: We don't really see a lot of Sophie, which is a shame. She seems to interact well with everyone, especially children- and I like that.

Regarding the royal children, my favorites are Lady Louise Windsor, because she seems to be such a sweet little girl; and The Hon. Margarita Armstrong-Jones, because whenever I see photos of her, she is always smiley and happy- I don't think I've ever seen her not smile! I wish we could see more of the Linley children.

Last edited:
I note that a lot of folks on this thread like Prince Charles. I do to. He has made excellent achievements. He is old enough to retire, but he hasn't even begun his main job, which is being King. He managed to marry his true love in spite of what people might think, and to make it a successful marriage without rancor for anyone else. He is a student of history. As I said above, the Gloucesters and Wessexes are my favorites, as dignified, handsome and charming family groups, but I have to say Good Show to Charles, too, who fought his way through a hard life.

I think there are few that would regard Charles as having a hard life.

Scooter, Charles had privileges. But he also had to battle some major difficulties. There is a reason, perhaps, why he has an organic farm and eats the produce from it, and works for a more natural environment. The whole family erred in pushing him to marry Diana, and he gave in, but he would not do it now that he's learned a few things. To even occupy his position, with the negatives that came with that debacle, takes courage. Or possibly you might say it's "gall" rather than courage, but just think how he must feel when people bring up what happened to Diana. The family has a history of expecting its males to sow their wild oats and then marry for duty; they have, I hope, learned their lessons on that, and Charles, inadvertently, helped them do it. If you look at some of the escapades of other royal heirs in the family, going back to the early 20th century, you can see that Charles didn't have a good example to follow among his male ancestors.

Prince Harry of course because he is very sympatic

Prince Harry! You can not help feeling protective of him - I sure do!!!

Queen Elizabeth - wonderful, strong, inspirational lady

I can't choose between these 2: Prince Philip and Prince Harry!:cool:

The Queen
The Prince of Wales
The Duke of Cambridge
The Duchess of Cambridge
The Duchess of Cornwall
The Countess of Wessex

Scooter, Charles had privileges. But he also had to battle some major difficulties. There is a reason, perhaps, why he has an organic farm and eats the produce from it, and works for a more natural environment. The whole family erred in pushing him to marry Diana, and he gave in, but he would not do it now that he's learned a few things. To even occupy his position, with the negatives that came with that debacle, takes courage. Or possibly you might say it's "gall" rather than courage, but just think how he must feel when people bring up what happened to Diana. The family has a history of expecting its males to sow their wild oats and then marry for duty; they have, I hope, learned their lessons on that, and Charles, inadvertently, helped them do it. If you look at some of the escapades of other royal heirs in the family, going back to the early 20th century, you can see that Charles didn't have a good example to follow among his male ancestors.

All I said was that " I think there are few that would regard Charles as having had a hard life". I am not sure what about that simple statement brought out this screed about Diana.

1. William
2. George
3. Kate
4. Harry
5. Elizabeth II
6. Philip
7. Beatrice
8. Anne
9. Zara

Her Majesty The Queen is my all time enduring favorite

Catherine, William. Harry, The Queen Prince Charles, Camilla.

1 -Queen
2 - William
3 - Prince George
4 - Harry
5 - Kate
6 - Charles
7 - Edward
8 - Countess of Wessex
9 - Beatrice of York
10 - Eugenie of York

1.The Queen
2.Prince Harry
3.Prince William
4.Duchess Kate
5.Prince Georgie
6..Sophie of Wessex
7.Prince Charles
8.Lady Louise
9.Princess Beatrice
10.Princess Alexandra

The Queen is my favorite and Kate comes in second.

After HM, William, Harry, Catherine, George and Charles it's:
Sophie (who should be HRH Princess Edward)
Zara
Eugenie who is coming into her own in NY
And the Duke of Gloucester-
I'm fond of Prince Richard. He is very devoted in his service to the crown. Works very hard to support HM but is not seeking recognition. Just good old fashioned royal duty.

Not the question but who I don't like: Andrew, Prince/ Princess Michael, and Anne.

Sophie (who should be HRH Princess Edward).

Why would you want her to have a lower title than she has now?

Princess is the sign that her husband is a commoner. Sophie's husband is a peer of the realm - a higher title than that of a mere Prince.

Note that the only wife of a Prince in the UK who uses the title Princess is Princess Michael - the wife of the only Prince with nothing better to offer his wife and the lowest ranked of the wives. Her sister-in-law isn't Princess Edward but HRH The Duchess of Kent.

Another note - The Duchess of Gloucester started married life as HRH Princess Richard of Gloucester and then was promoted to HRH The Duchess of Gloucester.

Are you suggesting that Edward shouldn't have been given a title and thus promoted from commoner to peer as has been traditional for the sons of monarchs for centuries?

From most to least:
1. George
2. Anne
3. The Queen
4.Catherine
5.Charles
6.Philip
7.William
8.Sophie
9.Richard
10.Edward Kent
11.Alexandra
12.Zara
13.Peter
14. Louise
15. Tim
16.Camilla
17.Eugenie
18.James
19.Harry
20. Edward Wessex
21.Beatrice
22.Andrew

For me:

Charles wins hands down
Camilla - a loving and supportive Princess of Wales (I know she isn't using the title but it is still hers)
The Queen - dedication to her duty
Philip - love personified as he gave up his own life and career for the woman he loved (and no I don't believe the rumours of him cheating - that he has women friends - no doubt but that he cheated - no)
Anne - another stalwart
Andrew - an underrated worker for the family and one who has been able to remain on great terms with his ex - unlike many divorced couples who constantly try to destroy their former partner
Beatrice - despite not getting any official recognition goes about doing charity work and holding down a job at the same time - a true role model to young women everywhere
Eugenie - strong enough to not only leave home but leave the country to establish herself
Edward and Sophie - troupers now who don't get the credit or recognition
Duke of Kent - still going strong despite a stroke and nearly 80
Alexandra - despite her health issues still working and again nearly 80 (she is 80 in 2016 and her older brother next year)
The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester - more underrated and undervalued but steady workers for the Queen

The rest are still to prove themselves in my book:

William - too indecisive and paranoid
Kate - laziness personified
Harry - service in the military is one thing but the fact that he can't hold a relationship says a lot about him and his attitude

Zara and Peter aren't royals so don't get ranked

Louise, James and George are children so can't be counted and only George is royal anyway.

Back
Top Bottom