Your Favourite British Royal?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Taking The Queen as a given, I have a few.

Prince Philip -I love his loyalty towards The Queen. He never seems to mind walking three steps behind her. Good on him :philipstandard:

Prince Henry - "I like kids, I like their optimism..." Aww! Need I say more?:sun:

Princess Alexandra - So grounded, kind hearted and elegant. A true Princess :princess:

Princess Anne - I could say the same for her too, plus she has a sharp tongue :princess2:

I like:

Queen Elizabeth
Prince Charles
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
Duke and Duchess of Gloucester
Prince Harry

If I can choose only one: The Duke of Cambridge.
He is the one most likely to be able to keep the monarchy from crumbling :)

I like: Queen Elizabeth II. Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Phillip and Zara Phillips.

Peter Phillips: he is discreet, doesn't evoke scandals, works in a bank, has good contact with his father & mother-in-law (as I heard), was very supportive to William & Harry after their mother's death (as I heard).

The Duke and Dutchess of Cambridge for sure! Prince Harry is my second most favorite. I also LOVED Princess Diana.

Prince Edward!He is very hard-working,nice and keeps himself out of scandal.Plus he is the only sibling not to be divorced!

Undoubtedly Diana....
earlier i really liked Prince William, but i see hes becoming very like his father...
i really adore Prince Harry now

My favorite are :

HM Queen Elizabeth II
Prince Philip
Sophie, Countess of Wessex
Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex
Lady Louise and James
Prince William
Prince Harry
Princess Anne

Princess B said:
Undoubtedly Diana....
earlier i really liked Prince William, but i see hes becoming very like his father...
i really adore Prince Harry now

I think both William and Harry have some wonderful qualities from both parents. A lot of their mother's charm and warmth combined with their father's intelligence and sense of duty. (more of the sense of duty in William than in Harry though, which is in keeping with their future roles). I think they've probably benefited immensely from all three important parental figures in their lives: their charming, vivacious mother, their sensible and intelligent father and their good natured and warm stepmother

I think trying to keep old anger alive about things that are long since water under the bridge is a tad ridiculous myself.

As for my favorite royal- I quite like The Princes Royal. She's just acerbic enough for me to find get wit entertaining, and I admire her equestrian career. I also very much like the new Duchess of Cambridge, and I think Princess Beatrice would be fun to have a drink with.

Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
Earl and Countess of Wessex (and their children)
Prince Harry

Princess Anne
Duchess of Cornwall
Princess Alexandra
Princess Margaret (does she count?)
The Queen
Duke of Edinburgh
Prince of Wales

Tough topic. I likr pretty much all the members of the British Royal Family, but i'll pick a select few.

HM Queen Elizabeth II
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
Earl and Countess of Wessex (and The Lady Louise and James, Viscount Severn, cuties)
Prince and Princess Michael of Kent (Princess Michael is so glam, I love her.)
Prince Harry, because he seems like a riot (and I want to marry him so I can be Princess Harry...selfish reasons, really.)

The Princess Royal, because she's hardworking and doesn't seem to give a care what other thinks about her, people have to accept her as she is.
The Duchess of Cornwall, somehow I have a feeling that she doesn't care too much about what people who are not close to her thinks about her, and she has kept quiet about what happened in the triangle between her, Diana and Charles.

I must say how much I like The Duchess of Cornwall as well. Someone minsinterpreted one of my posts as having an anti Camilla sentiment, and it irks me. They never found my reply as I went a bit too far off topic and my post was moved. I'll say here that I love The Duchess's humour and warmth :flowers:

Two other Royals I didn't think to add a while back are The Earl and Countess of Wessex. It's so wondeful that the media haven't been able to use them and their children :)

This is an easy question for me: HM The Queen and HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, equally my favourites as the wonderful team they have been and continue to be.

Not only are they wonderful examples of duty and honour, their successful marriage is also an inspiration on a human level.

I hope they will both remain healthy and that HM will "long reign over us" (paraphrasing, of course) with the support of her beloved consort, the Duke by her side. God bless them both!

Prince William and Prince Harry....
if Prince Charles is happy with Camilla, so be it.

My #1 favourite is The Queen

Then William and Kate

Harry

Charles and Camilla

Deceased:

The Queen Mum (who could not love her?)

Edward and Wallis Simpson (quite the love story)

George VI (He did an incredible job with a job he never wanted)

Henry VIII and his 6 wives (who would not love that story?)

Elizabeth I (her life was so tumultuos until she became Queen)

The Queen! This will probably sound very tacky but I find her to be the embodiment of royalty. She is all that a queen should be. And in many ways she is a pillar supporting the institution of monarchy as a whole. When she is no longer with us, I feel the world will loose much of the true royal essence that currently stands.

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge
Prince William
Prince Harry
Prince Charles and Camilla

Looks good on paper but I admit to not knowing much about them
Eugenie and Beatrice
Autumn Kelly

Dead BRF members
Princess Margaret
Queen Elizabeth, QM
George VI
David (I have a tendency to like the underdog whom every loves to hate):wacko:

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge
Prince William
Prince Harry
Countess of Wessex
Eugenie

The Duchess of Cornwall, Prince of Wales and the Queen & Duke of Edinburgh. I also admire the way Edward & Sophie & Princess Anne just quietly go about their duties. I have a soft spot for Prince Harry.

I'm completely fed up with the press coverage of Catherine and William. Maybe I'll like them more once the media hullabaloo calms down a bit.

- Queen Elizabeth
- Sophie, Countess of Wessex
- Prince Charles
- Princess Anne
- Prince Harry
- Prince Philip
- Duchess of Gloucester

For me, the Duke of Edinburgh. It takes a very strong character to survive his life path without going insane or becoming depressed, duty & loyalty to his wife always taking preference. I love that he never stopped speaking his mind altough I recognize that this is something younger royals will hardly get away with. Hopefully he does a Queen Mum and will be around for another decade!

kate middleton but now princess Eugenie is growing on me

Back
Top Bottom