Your Favourite Annual British Royal Event

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yvr girl

Nobility
I'd like to attend Royal Ascot and Trooping the Colour.

Last edited:
yvr girl said:
I'd like to attend Royal Ascot and Trouping the Colour.
Royal Ascot,Trooping of The Colour,State Opening of The British Parliament,State Visit (State Welcome by The Queen & the State Banquet) and Christmas at Sandringham House.

Last edited:
Royal Ascot, Trooping of the colour, London Fashion Week ( like Lady Helen) and State Banquet.

Trooping of the Color would be fun, I think.

Royal Ascot, Trooping of the Colour and the Opening of Parliament. :)

Definitely Trooping of the Color, and even though this isn't a public event, Christmas at Sandringham.

Mine would be Christmas at Sandringham, Garter Day, the State Opening of Parliament and all State Banquets as long as I wasn't sat next to Cherie Blair.

I'd enjoy Ascot, Christmas at Sandringham, and holidays at Balmoral. I guess Trooping the Colour would be fun, too.

I also think I'd get a kick out of standing on the balcony at BP with the rest of the RF. It must be an amazing feeling standing there looking out over all the crowds of well-wishers.

im really like attend trooping colour,Royal Ascot and London Fashion weeks on royals occasion because im american

royal Ascot will be my favourite. But trooping the color will be the great honour and summer holiday in Balmoral will be fun and christmas in Sandringham will be homly. I think Windsor Castle very much and I think I would enjoy stalking and shooting even sharing with mens' prouds only.

BeatrixFan said:
...and all State Banquets as long as I wasn't sat next to Cherie Blair.
But wouldn't you love the opportunity to be able to set her right about a few things? :D

Oh I'm not one for making a scene.

I've ridden in two horse drawn carriages (the Ascot kind), once with a Queen lookalike as part of a local carnival procession and the second time dressed up as a Lady Mayoress for a commercial and I have to say the attention you get is quite exciting even for someone like me who's naturally shy and retiring. People wave at you, you wave at them etc and it's quite jolly.

BeatrixFan said:
...and I have to say the attention you get is quite exciting even for someone like me who's naturally shy and retiring.
Yes, I imagine it must have been very uncomfortable to be the focus of attention for someone with such a reticent nature. :)

Oh it was. But I assumed my best Queen Mother face and just waved. That's what I call duty.

If private : I would love to have horse riding with the Queen around Windsor Castle or having a nice lunch during the summer at Balmoral Castle.

If official event : A somptuous State Banquet and indeed Royal Ascot :flowers:

Since the question is what I'd look forward to most if I were a member of the British Royal Family, I'd say as a member I would most look forward to August and the annual summer holiday at Balmoral away from the public.

When asked, at the beginning of the 2002 Jubilee year, which part he was most looking forward to, Prince Philip replied "August".

Royal Ascot, Trooping of the colour and the State Opening of the Parliament.. and then holidays at Balmoral!

Trooping! and Christmas at Sandringham playing with the Wessex Children :)

Balmoral holiday....... Mind you the weekends at Windsor Castle would be ok too.

Trooping of the colour,the state banquets, and the opening of paraliament not to forget the holidays at the castle yeah.

Those holidays in Scotland--even with all the rain and mist--would suit me fine.:)

Actually one event that the Queen seems to really enjoy is the Trooping of the Colour. I do too, it is a wonderful occasion.

Not an annual event, but I think I would enjoy state visits the most.

I would love to attend the Royal Ascot and some fancy ball. :rolleyes:

Royal Ascot, Trooping Of The Colour, Christmas.
State Banquets. :flowers:

Trooping The Colour
Royal Ascot
Wimbledon Tennis Championships
Horse Trials
Polo Matches
Holidays at Balmoral, Windsor, Sandringham, Klosters, Mustique-island
Weddings
James Bond Movie Premiere

June would be my time - Trooping the colour, Garter day, Royal Ascot :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.