Your Favorite Royal

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mgrant said:
Since I became a member of this wonderful site I have learned a lot about a lot of Royal families other than Queen Libby and her clan in England. I am amazed at the information everyone has on the Swedish, Spanish, and Dutch royal families. I am really somewhat embaressed by my own ignorance but I'm learning!

Having said that :p my favorite royal of all time remains Princess Diana for her style, wit, and humanity. The two Swedish princesses are rapidly becoming my favorites as I learn more about them.
I can only agree :)

regards
nsewerin

Anna_R said:
Letizia - for her seriousness and her wholehearted dedication to her role. Because of her discretion when dating Felipe. For her renunciating a successful career in the name of love. And because she's the woman in my favorite prince's life.

Felipe - well I couldn't possibly find the right words to express my admiration for this wonderful man.
Well, you can see from my avatar that I'm with you Anna! ;)

Both Felipe and Letizia face the job in a very professional way. According to La Zarzuela, between 1996 and 2003, Felipe has participated in an average of 380 official acts per year (that is more than one per day) and that does not include the hours he spends in the office, the preparation of the acts and all the lunches, dinners or suppers of work... When they were recently in Barcelona, there was a republican businessman that was so impressed by his perfectionism that confessed he would just vote the Prince, if there was an election for President!...

On the other hand, Letizia was also a successful woman, who gave up all her merit full career in name of love and she's proving to be a very professional, sober and discreet princess, which I think are some important characteristics for a princess of the XXI century. Máxima's smile is the best and I used to like her a lot, but, as a woman of the XXI century, I appreciate a lot more Letizia's posture. Also the fact that Letizia belongs to the Spanish Royal Family definitely makes her face the job in a very professional way. Queen Sofia, the Infantas and the Princess of Asturias dress themselves in a quite professional and discreet way... and they do recycle clothes a lot.
Well, of course it has to do with the fact that Monarchy in Spain is much more fragile than in Denmark or the Netherlands, so the royals must behave in a more professional way, with busy schedules and all that. They MUST prove their work is necessary and profitable for their country...
Well, Felipe and Letizia are my favourite couple, for all these circumstances and, of course, for that indefinable X-factor (perhaps LOVE?...
;) ) that enchanters and catches all the glimpses around them...

kittencrews said:
Good topic Dennism... My FAVORITE royal is <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>ERNST!!!!! To me, he is very entertaining... I love his "I don't care" attitude. He's much more colorful than William or Felipe or Frederick... THAT IS MY OPINION... I don't want to start an arguement with anyone!! I like the way he seems like a bad boy such as urinating on the Turkish Pavilion but then you see pictures of him rubbing Caroline's shoulders when she was pregnant. He seems very affectionate and loving towards Caroline. He always has her laughing and he's always touching her. </span>

He's not particularily my favorite but I agree with you completely.
I love the entertainment he provides & I see how colourful he is.
I think he fell in love with Caroline when they were younger but she was distracted...

The Grimaldi's are my fave.

Princess Diana
CP Victoria
PMadeline

:)

My favourite royals would be Crown Princess Mary, Princess Grace and Princess Caroline of Monaco. They all have a quiet elegance about them that I love. All are stunning and all seem extremely friendly! :D

Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain
Countess Sophie of Wessex
The Duchess of Gloucester
Lady Sarah Chatto
Queen Silvia of Sweden
Princess Letizia of Spain

my favorite royal...hmm...u know who's my favorite Dennism...hahhaaha

Princess Alexandra of Denmark, Countess of Frederiksborg....
Queen Margrethe II of Denmark
Crown Princess Letizia of Spain
Diana, the Princess of Wales
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden
Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark

Attachments

• [1].jpg
    [1].jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 186
  • [3].jpg
    [3].jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 196
  • [4].jpg
    [4].jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 179
  • [5].jpg
    [5].jpg
    28 KB · Views: 164
  • [6].jpg
    [6].jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 170
  • [7[.jpg
    [7[.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Crown Princess Mary - for her elegance and for the obvious love between her and CP Frederik.

Princess Madeleine - I just love to watch what she is going to wear to diffrent occasions.

Princess Marie Chantal - She is fascinating with her luxurious lifestyle and her whealthy family.

Queen Elizabeth II: Her devotion to all her realms has been unparallelled for over 53 years.

The Duke of Edinburgh: I have to give my full respect to a man who is in his 80s and performing 700 - 800 engagements per year. He also has had such a fascinating life, enabled great developments in the House of Windsor and is (generally) very witty!

King Juan Carlos

The Prince of Wales

The Princess Royal

Queen Margrethe

Princess Alexandra (Kent)

bigheadshirmp said:
my favorite royal...hmm...u know who's my favorite Dennism...hahhaaha

Princess Alexandra of Denmark, Countess of Frederiksborg....
Queen Margrethe II of Denmark
Crown Princess Letizia of Spain
Diana, the Princess of Wales
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden
Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark

Yes and I see that you have her new title as well...

King Harald and Queen Sonja : for their wonderful lovestory that reminds me of the fairy tales of my childhood, and that I still like very much ...:)
Also for their hardwork as King and Queen, especially concerning the Queen who was born as a commoner and who represents her beautiful country in a wonderful way today ! Norway can be proud !
And, last but not least:) , because of their open-mindedness, that I always mention but is very important to me .

Haakon and Mette-Marit : nearly for the same reasons ... and adorable Ingrid Alexandra, the cutest royal baby ever :) :) :)

And also (but not as much) : Queen Elizabeth II (she is THE Queen), Prince Charles and the new Duchess of Cornwall (wonderful persons, in spite of all that's been said), Queen Margrethe II, King Albert II and Queen Paola, Prince Laurent of Belgium, Prince Albert II of Monaco, Crown Princess Letizia of Spain, Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden, Princess Lilian of Sweden . (I hope I haven't forgotten anybody ...:) )

Queen Raina seems to be very serious in her work
Same with Queen Sophia of Greece

lashinka2002 said:
Queen Raina seems to be very serious in her work
Same with Queen Sophia of Greece

Queen Sophia of Greece?

do u mean Queen Sofia of Spain?:D

My favourites are:

1- PRINCESS LETIZIA OF SPAIN
2- QUEEN SOFIA OF SPAIN
3- QUEEN NOOR
4- PRINCESS SALMA

1. Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia of Spain;
2. King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia of Spain;
3. Infanta Cristina of Spain.

;)

Princess Diana of Wales- I just really admire how she handled herself in trying times. Even though I obviously didn't know her personally I felt a connection to her. I feel like she would have been a wonderful Queen of England because she cared personally for people and the causes she worked for. It didn't seem like she viewed her work as a job.

I also love Crown Prince Frederick and Crown Princess Mary. It seems like I am obsessed with monitering their lives and what they do. I think they are a beautiful couple and deeply in love. I really admire Mary as a person for how she has handled the situation of becoming a princess and the future Queen of Denmark.

I also love to hear about the Swedish Prince and Princesses: Carl, Victoria, and Madeleine.

Also the Norwegian family interests me. I love looking at pictures of the Crown Royal Couple along with the Behn's.

My list...
Charlotte Casiraghi:she is next to my age, she is nice, smart and beatiful
Caroline of Monaco: her story, ellegance and beuty made her great
Andrea and Pierre too. All the grimaldis are wonderful!
Faaaar from them
William of Great britain: intelligent, nice and he is the son of Diana so...
Diana of Wales: she has everything: she always help other people, she was good and pretty.
Harry: he is a rebel boy, cute, fun.
Queen Rania:smart, andd very good taste for clothes!
Princess Maxima:she is from Arg, so she is our princess too. She is sweet, smart andd beuty.

top on my list is Queen Rania of jordan. she seems to embody what a royal is without being a royal pain. she is beautiful and approachable.
the second has to be crown prince frederickof denmark. he seems to be nice and his wife is nice too.
third is peter phillipsof england because he is down to earth.
honorable mention is guillaume of luxembourg he is nice and will be a great monarch.

1) Charles Philip Arthur George of Wales (POW)
2) Duke of Edinburgh
3) Elizabeth II
4) Prince Frederick of Denmark
5) Prince Edward

My favorites are the Princes of Asturias and King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia of Spain.
I also admire Queen Rania of Jordan, Queen Elizabeth II, Princess Cristina of Spain, Queen Sonia of Norway and Prince Haakon and Princess Mette Marit.

princess Letizia and her husband are my favorite royals,very serious and dedicated to their work and country and classicaly elegant:)

I was broad up in a family obsessed with the British royals. I later was at a function, also attended by Prince Philip and Prince Edward. And I was astonished that they appear to be nothing like what they are said to be. I was told by an associate of Edward that he is a really nice person, who cares little for what the press want him to be. So I read up on Edward and the more I liked him. He is a very interesting person, but very private. :)
So Edward is my favorite, as well as Sophie, Countess of Wessex.

My favorite Royal all who know me should know that answer is Albert II of Monaco. My face turned beautifully red thinking about him his blue eyes. To me he's the sexiest man alive. Princess Grace was the most beautiful Princess I think of all times. I have two of her movies, seen others and her beauty was more then surface and that soft voice. I have watched her and listened to her and thought wow that really would be a hard image to live up to in the eyes of the press, people and please her son.

Grace

LadyMacAlpine said:
Princess Grace was the most beautiful Princess I think of all time. I have two of her movies and seen others.

Can't go past Princess Grace in that ice blue dreamy dress in "Rear Window", and virtually any of her scenes in "To Catch a Thief." Beautiful.

The camera (and Alfred Hitchcock) just loved her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom