Your Expectations Of Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, her looks are not that important, a princess has to have a good heart and to be true to herself in what she is doing and to others.

She must be concerned about her country in the first place, and not too much about herself or her popularity.

For a prince or princess who is marrying into Royalty, they should support and complement their royal spouse. Be true to themselves is very important. Don´t try to be something that you are not. Also important is to remember that you are representing more than just yourself or just your new family but a country and when you do something bad, you embarrass yourself, your family and your fellow citizens.
Not worrying too much about your popularity is very important as well. If you are honest, good, formal when the situation calls for it and informal at other times, friendly and hard-working, you will be a beloved prince or princess.

Dennism has said it so eloquently!

I would just like to add... A princess/prince is an ambassador of their country, so I believe a small element of publicity is required. The more a princess/prince gets seen by others, the more people will become curious to find out about the country and traditions of this royalty. However, too much publicity (specifically if it is aimed at self-promotion) can be damaging.

Since royalty get enough media coverage, I think they should use this powerful tool to give recognition where it is deserved. Instead of them embarking on all these humanitarian, environmental projects themselves, they should expose the real people who get the job done. For example, if they want to fight landmines (and this is just an example), they should allow the people who risk their lives on a daily basis to be the ones publicised. Unfortunately, in these cases, you get more coverage on the princess/prince (especially if it's a princess) than the actual cause/people.

Originally posted by Layla@May 9th, 2004 - 12:29 pm
Dennism has said it so eloquently!

Since royalty get enough media coverage, I think they should use this powerful tool to give recognition where it is deserved. Instead of them embarking on all these humanitarian, environmental projects themselves, they should expose the real people who get the job done. For example, if they want to fight landmines (and this is just an example), they should allow the people who risk their lives on a daily basis to be the ones publicised. Unfortunately, in these cases, you get more coverage on the princess/prince (especially if it's a princess) than the actual cause/people.

Thank you

Yes, that is true. The publicity they get can be used for good use as well. But as you said, a prince or princess should highlight the people who do all of the hard work for the charities. To show the media, that without people like them, that the charities or organizations would not be successful. Or, as you say, those who have to face landmines or live with the diseases and so on.

With all the recent gossip shows concerning young royals, my question is this: How much of the bad young Royal behavior is the result of their attempting to adhere to what THEY believe WE want of them that THEY cannot live up to?

David

this is a intresting subject let me think about it and later I will post my thoughts love to hear from others

Last edited:
Beautiful INSIDE...a big giant heart and intelligence and what will you get? The perfect princess.

I agree with all of the responses thus far. I also would add that it is important for them to be a model of selflessness.

i think one of the most important obligations of a future king/queen is to give his/her country a suitable person as consort. a crown prince/princess must look the right person to consort him/her in the throne and he has to be brave to accept sometimes that a determined person is not the right one.
the perfect prince/princess? responsible, intelligent and clever, not maybe goodlooking but regal, a lovely person, as on he/she recalls the support of most of the 'social associations' of his/her country, supporting, not selfish and hard working.

Last edited:
Very well said, Carlota.

Definitely intelligence, confidence and beauty both inside and out...with that you can conquer the world ^__^

Beauty? I would pick a good heart and one that all can see instead of beauty.

that so true... i also think that fututure princess can change into the person they want and need to be... like they loose who they are a bit and make sacrafises on who they need to be and what example they need to be setting for the country

My heart cries

How I wish the British press could read this? Idealism definately.
Sad but, if a British princess bride wasn't attractive, they wouldn't last the dating. The British people are all about popularity. Prince William has two engagements to his name and was voted the hardest working royal. Princess Anne travels all over the world and doesn't even get acknowlegde in the press.
Thank you , it's nice seen that there are people in this world who look more than skin deep.

True, I wonder what would have happened it Sarah Ferguson was more attractive than Diana.

I expect a princess to set a good example for others of her country to follow... she also should know whats going on within her govenment to make sure her people are getting the best deal they can

I think that Royals should be seen as normal people, with normal lifes, but, in a different situation....I think, yes, they should be a example to the country he´s "leading"....but, people should stop thinking that Royals are different then us....We make mistakes, they also make mistake...people try to make them gods, but, they´re not, and, it´s about time people stop blaming them for that...And I think that some Royals, should stop thinking that they are the most important person in the world...because, without they Royal titles, is a real person that soffers the same as others. I think that the CPs that aren´t Royal show to us : We´re the same. And that what i expect royals should be....like us.

my first thought is that a prince princess is a an ambassador of their country

they spotligt different couses as patrons for organisations and events

I do not think they should be potriat as he idel family there are no such families and its not fair to put that on a royal famly

Dennism said:
For a prince or princess who is marrying into Royalty, they should support and complement their royal spouse. Be true to themselves is very important. Don´t try to be something that you are not. Also important is to remember that you are representing more than just yourself or just your new family but a country and when you do something bad, you embarrass yourself, your family and your fellow citizens.
Not worrying too much about your popularity is very important as well. If you are honest, good, formal when the situation calls for it and informal at other times, friendly and hard-working, you will be a beloved prince or princess.
Completely Agree with you....!!!!!!!:) :) :) and also, to be popular because of working hard for people and their country much better than many other way.

david18tc said:
With all the recent gossip shows concerning young royals, my question is this: How much of the bad young Royal behavior is the result of their attempting to adhere to what THEY believe WE want of them that THEY cannot live up to?

David
Agree with you...but the sad thing is that these bad gossips about royals are mostly true. :(

Last edited:
Josefine said:
I do not think they should be potriat as he idel family there are no such families and its not fair to put that on a royal famly

I agree with this, it is so hard to have a perfect ideal family and that expectation shouldnt be placed on any family, imagine how hard it would be!

galuhcandrakirana said:
Completely Agree with you....!!!!!!!:) :) :) and also, to be popular because of working hard for people and their country much better than many other way.

Glad that you agree with me.

I think this is a good topic. Now that we have had several crown princely weddings and then babies and new members into the royal families, how do we feel about those expectations of the newer royals? Do you feel that they have matched what you expect of them?

A Prince Royal should be a gentleman who respects the country into whose Royal Family he was born into.

If it's a constitutional monarchy than follow the law regarding your position as defined in that document. Treat others as you would have them treat you. Always remember that you are representing your nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom