The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-11-2006, 08:45 PM
Courtier

Another reason is to be careful at what I say; I couldn't always voice my true feelings and that is sooooooooooooooo haaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrddddddddd not to do!

Old 09-11-2006, 09:09 PM
Royal Highness

I love royal-watching but never could be a royal. I enjoy my privacy and I'm not a big fan of being photographed. Besides, I can't imagine stressing over my wardrobe everytime I step out of the house (or palace) for an errand and analyzing everything that comes out of my mouth. All that stress would lead to an early death for me.

Old 09-11-2006, 09:25 PM
Aristocracy

I would extent this topic to add also reasons why you would never want to be a celebrity. It seems as though many people today are aspiring to be famous in paticular reality stars. Anyways everyone has already mentioned the reasons, the major one for me would be privacy.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Reasons I'd never want to be royal:

1. I don't necessarily want children. If it happens, great....but I'm not planning on it.

2. I'm not religious and I would hate faking it constantly going to church for different services and what not.

3. I need my privacy. I can't be photographed, hounded and gossiped about 24 hours a day. I'd go crazy.

4. All the jewels and designer clothes are nice, but I often feel these people are lonely sometimes. I hate feeling that way.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 09-14-2006, 02:01 PM
Gentry

...sometimes I like to be a royal, because you get a preference treatment and everything become at home for your regular: food drinks, clothing washed...
Old 09-14-2006, 02:45 PM
Courtier

why so I can dress fabulously all the time, have fabulous shoes, fabulous purses, and just in general, look fabulous all the time of course!!!
Have no money problems, or worries about how to spread out my vacation time to cover all my daughters vacation days from school!!!
And then of course there are the jewels..........
But now for a reality check, I WOLD LOVE TO BE ROYAL STRICTLY BECAUSE OF THE HISTORY ASPECT!!!
Old 09-14-2006, 03:39 PM
Aristocracy

I would only want to be royal if I were a "working monarch" not just a national figurehead. One who actively participates in the government and builds the country.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:43 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

I would like to be a very good example of faith, duty, dignity, strenght and kindness to my Country.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:12 AM
Courtier

Three reasons the money, servants, and the beauitful palaces and castles.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:46 AM
Nobility

Being royal is EXCLUSIVE. not many people in the world can boast of having the HRH/HSH/HH title. its even better than joining the country clubs of the rich and famous .

Tiaras/Jewelry and big royal apartments does appeal to me as well. However, the main reason as to why I want to be royal is to serve my country, loyal to my royal duties and use my status for the best of others
Old 09-17-2006, 08:35 AM
Aristocracy

I want to be a royal, so that I can be the princess that I was meant to be and Prince Albert's wife of course.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Majesty

People say you lose your freedom and privacy as big downsides.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Reasons I'd never want to be royal:

1. I don't necessarily want children. If it happens, great....but I'm not planning on it.

2. I'm not religious and I would hate faking it constantly going to church for different services and what not.

3. I need my privacy. I can't be photographed, hounded and gossiped about 24 hours a day. I'd go crazy.

4. All the jewels and designer clothes are nice, but I often feel these people are lonely sometimes. I hate feeling that way.

Absolutely agree with above
Old 09-08-2011, 11:51 AM
Courtier

All eyes are always on you when you are in the public eye if you are a famous person. I would want to have my privacy and freedom and to have a normal life. I also would not want to be judged by the press or people and to have pressure to look prefect and to say the right things in public. There are many reasons why you never want to be royal though.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:11 PM
Aristocracy

I imagine a royal dinner and must confess that I have no idea when to use what fork, what glass for what drink and how to eat austers and other seafood. I guess I would not shine at such an event.

And - meeting "my people" and have nice and light conversations with total strangers who of course expect me to be clever, funny and informed is a nightmare. I'm a happy commoner :).

(Well, maybe for Haakon, I would have tried :))
Old 09-08-2011, 12:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

1#. Privacy is the most blessed thing. Royals dont have that.

2#. Having a dream career makes us stronger and excited to fullfill it. Royals cant have that.

3#. Freedom is a gift. Royals are stuck to duty and nothing more.

4#. Power to choose to have children or not. Royals (especially crown princes) are obligated to have heirs.

5#. Freedom to have faith or not. Royals have a commitement to their religion and sometimes they fake it.

6#. Money brings stability but not all happiness. Royals are centered by money and jewels, but sometimes they are lonely, empty and sad.

7#. As ordinary people we have a lot of true friends. Many of the Royals friends are fake due to their interest for fame and stoplight.

so given the reasons above, i would not like to be a royal, its a stressed life for me, since i would like privacy, adventures and try diferent things.

i wont mind to be a royal if i was born like one, because i would never know what is like to be ordinary.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:31 AM
Courtier

My Reason why I never want to be royal because I don't want to be involved in controversies.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Serene Highness

Would be watched all the time by the press, others and sometimes your own family. Have no privacy. I broke my wrist four months ago and if I were a royal this would be headline news. If someone had film footage of me falling and breaking my wrist (which occurred in a public place), it would be on CNN, You Tube, etc.

Royals visit various people, places, and things. I would imagine some of people they visit, or the places they go to are boring to them. Perhaps they have no interest in the particular people or places they visited. Of course they could never say this and would have to pretend that they have interest in whatever or whomever they are visiting. I would want to pick and choose these things, something a royal can't really do.

Don't always think before I open my mouth. If I have an opinion of something, I will usually tell you if you ask. In a store I loudly said that women in one social club were snobs. People heard me, including a member of this club. If I were a royal, the headline would say, "Royal blasts social club, says only snobs need apply."

A royal doesn't really have the freedom to come and go as they pleased especially if they are the heir to the throne or the monarch. Imagine if a heir to the throne or a monarch wanted to go to a regular movie theatre or wanted to take a walk in a public park in the country where they lived. Forget about the walk in the public park and if they went to a movie theatre it would have to be on a night when few people are there. Otherwise they would be hounded, people would be trying to get a picture of them, etc

I am who I am and I don't pretend to be someone I'm not. Some royals try to mold themselves or they are forced to mold themselves into people that they really aren't. Eventually the truth comes out or people figured it out. You can't hid your truth self forever.

A friend told me that if I were a royal, I would have been admonished many times for things that I said. A royal isn't supposed to be strongly opinioned and is supposed to be bland as far as that goes.

I would probably be sent to a princess school or some type of school to learn how to behave like a priness. She also said they probably would lock me up somewhere, never to be seen in public again or heard from again. She was joking about this (being locked up somewhere) but I wonder.