The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-11-2005, 02:57 PM
Nobility

I don't like constantly being watched. I hate being photographed, so having people with cameras lurking about me would drive me crazy. I could never live with that dreadful protocol. I love my independence and privacy, so being royal would be a drag for me.

Old 09-01-2005, 03:58 AM
Majesty

I would love to take part in the nobel dinner

Old 09-01-2005, 02:04 PM
Serene Highness

The TIARAS . Real royal tiaras are just much better designed and better looking than anyone you buy at stores (especially those really tacky, cheap looking ones they sell for Prom in the US). Of course, if I were really rich, I could just get a royal-esque tiara made for me, but I don't think you can really pull off a majestic tiara unless you're royalty.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:02 PM
Serene Highness

For share my opinion and help other people. As famous i could do good things for the country.

Then the most knowed: for wearing jewells and lovely outfits, drive expensive cars and go holidays!
Old 09-03-2005, 12:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

humm...
1. royal duties consist mainly of travel, touring, and meeting world leaders (I would love it!)
2. the beautiful gowns and jewels
3. long and frequent vacations
4. is better than working at my current job
5. The shoes

Old 09-03-2005, 01:54 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt
humm...
1. royal duties consist mainly of travel, touring, and meeting world leaders (I would love it!)
2. the beautiful gowns and jewels
3. long and frequent vacations
4. is better than working at my current job
5. The shoes
Haha, I agree! =D
Old 09-10-2006, 07:58 AM
Royal Highness

Losing some of my basic freedoms (right to privacy, right to vote, freedom of speech, freedon of religion, etc) by becoming royal certainly doesn't appeal to me. It'd be like entering into a gilded cage, but a cage none the less. The jewelry appeals to me though!
Old 09-10-2006, 08:05 AM
Royal Highness

Loss of basic freedoms:
right to privacy
right to vote?
freedom of speech!
freedom of religion
Old 09-10-2006, 08:10 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian
Does becoming a royal appeal to everyone here? would you like to be royal? personally, i dont think i would because there would be too many restrictions on me. Personally, i would like to be an Oscar winner!!!
Yes,I would love to be a royal although I am aware that there are many restrictions but those restrictions are for my good,honour,dignity and pride in order to keep the good name of the family as royalty are higher than aristocracy and noble community.Besides that,I love the duties,clothes,everyting and anything that fits for a royal prince.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:40 AM
Serene Highness

Although I think the lives of royals are very intriguing, the thought of actually being one is a no no in my opinion!!! I mean yes, there are some good points, but they are outweighed by the bad points.

I hate the thought of not being able to walk around freely without cameras in my face. I would hate not being able to quickly visit the shops looking a mess but not caring!
But the worst thing of all for me , the biggest chatterbox in the world, would be having to watch what I say and when I say it. With my friends I can say whatever I feel like- but I know that would be diffrent if I was a Royal.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Message boards
Old 09-11-2006, 08:32 AM
Heir Apparent

To be a constant figure of humility and assurance for my countrymen and women and someone they are proud to have represent them.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:17 AM
Nobility

goodbye freedom!
goodbye privacy!
And having a job that is not necessary, it is all formal and protocol, (of course you mean something to certain groups of people, but that is because you are a public figure.)
Attending all kinds of events and occasions is most part of the job, and it is just being there and saying something. It is just in the name (a princess), nothing more.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:21 AM
Nobility

Having THE BEST of everything...
(houses, vacations, clothes, cars, jewerly, make-up, the best professionals to help you ; (the cheff, the stylist, etc.)
you have nothing to think about; everything is planned out for you, and they get you there in time in the right clothes..
Old 09-11-2006, 10:01 AM
Serene Highness

I would enjoy the historical aspect of being royal: having access to castles, fortresses, estates and old homes. I'd like to be able to read personal letters/journals of past monarchs and other figures of history.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:04 AM
Serene Highness

I have to agree w everyone who said a loss of personal privacy and in a sense personal freedom. Fame scares me and to be instantly recognizable wherever I went would have me a nervous wreck. Plus, I wouldn't want to be consistently judged if I gained some weight, had a bad hair day, wore an outfit too revealing - or not revealing enough. Just too much pressure to be perfect.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:00 PM
Courtier

I wanna live a normal life and be useful.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_girl
and be useful.
That is exactly what I meant in my previous post.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:29 PM
Nobility

I would very much like to add a comment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale
Message boards
I do agree with You! There are more specific reasons I would like to add, but It will only give me more problems in this forum.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I would never want to be a royal.

I love my freedom.
I love the fact that I can come and go as I please.
I cherish my privacy.
I love that I can speak my mind (freedom of speech) and decide which religion I want to follow.
I love that I can decide which political ideologies and party that I want to side with, without having someone tell me that I can't.

Another immense pressure that comes with being a royal: the loss of privacy for my friends and family. I wouldn't want to subject them to that type of harassment.
I love the fact that I have made my own money, with lots leftover, and to spend it as I wish.
I wouldn't want to be pressured into having kids and I wouldn't want to be seen as a "baby machine" to keep the monarchy going.

Basically, it isn't really all that "fun" nor is it a great life when one has to give up several of life's greatest gifts: freedom, soul, and peace.

I have the choice how I want to live my life! Royals cannot. In the end, that is a sad way to live in this day and age.