The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-22-2006, 08:06 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetcher
But "Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece" sounds really nice.
Let us assum for a second that she did marry for the 'title' well for how long would you be married to someone you dont really love and you just married him for status?? Her sister married a Prince lets say she also married him for 'status' but did her marriage last??

Its only a 'title' shes got and she doest even rule a country and people already saying she married for 'status'

Old 11-22-2006, 03:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nad25
I dont understand why people think Marie-Chantal married for 'status'

Shes richer than all of the Greek Royal Family put together and was brought up in a wealthy family, got educated in good school etc, and Prince Pavlos is a gorgeous young Prince its no wonder she fell for him !!
The Millers may be weathy but at the end of the day they're still "new money". Marie-Chantal and her sisters married "well" in terms of status. After all for many wealthy people money is not enough, they want the affiliations of old money too.

Old 11-22-2006, 03:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Its only a 'title' shes got and she doest even rule a country and people already saying she married for 'status'
Even at the time of her marriage there was talk of her motivations, it's nothing new.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:12 PM
Nobility

I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion and no one actually knows what really happens in their lives, marie-chantal and pavlos looks perefctly in love with each other when they got married and until this day, she comes from a very wealthy family and shes not excatly going to marry a normal man is she??

If she married for a 'status' the rest of the princesses are not very far off from her then
Old 11-22-2006, 03:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion and no one actually knows what really happens in their lives, marie-chantal and pavlos looks perefctly in love with each other when they got married and until thsi day, she comes from a very wealthy family and shes not excatly going to marry a normal man is she??
Of course she wouldn't marr a "normal" man.
At the time there was alot of talk about the relationship and the many many rumours that have followed that the Miller Family were essentially buying her title because they were supporting the Greek Royal Family financially.

Quote:
If she married for a 'status' the rest of the princesses are not very far off from her then
Depends on the princess you're refering to.
Old 11-23-2006, 07:47 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Of course she wouldn't marr a "normal" man.
At the time there was alot of talk about the relationship and the many many rumours that have followed that the Miller Family were essentially buying her title because they were supporting the Greek Royal Family financially.

Like you said rumours so its not actually facts
Old 11-23-2006, 02:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Like you said rumours so its not actually facts
Nothing in this thread is fact though, pretty much everything posted on this board is opinion/speculation.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:09 PM
Aristocracy

Nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors.....
Old 11-23-2006, 10:57 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

So if its true, what's so bad about exchanging status for money? Its been done many times before Pavlos and Marie Chantal stepped up to the altar and I'm sure it will be done many many times again after they're gone.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 11-24-2006, 10:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

For the item of buying a title by wedding, if it's true for Marie Chantal Miller, so what! She is not the first american rich woman who would doing that. In France we have a lot of beautifull title " sold" by wedding to obtain money. One the most famous is these of the dandy Boni de Castellane with the heiress of the Singer ( sewing macjnes) fortune.

The single thing that I remark is in the case of Marie Chantal of Grece, she don't liketo be involve in grecian culture or in grecian foundation's improvement! But may be I'm wrong.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:21 PM
Aristocracy

And at the end of the day they are still together, look happy and have an adorable family......
Old 11-25-2006, 10:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piaa
And at the end of the day they are still together, look happy and have an adorable family......

Right
Old 11-27-2006, 11:37 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Excatly!!!!

They both still look very much in love with each other like they did ten years ago when they got married, and what a beautiful family they have !
Old 11-27-2006, 01:42 PM
Serene Highness

I honestly don't believe Letizia married Felipe because of his titles and position. Have you soon pictures of them? She's crazy about him, and that has very little to do with his status. She went through a lot of changes, giving up her carreer and having to live under strict protocol rules. No way on earth she would have done that for his titles. She simply loves him. And come on, what is there not to love about Felipe
Maxima would have married Willem-Alexander no matter what as well. She's crazy about him.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:43 PM
Serene Highness

I agree with just about everyone about who would marry for love. Mette-Marit, Mary, Maxima, Letiza, Mathilda. I don't know that much about Marie Chantal so I can't comment.
I don't believe Lady Diana would have married Prince Charles had he not been the Heir to the throne.
Personally I think marrying someone who is royal would be a strike against them for most people, especially the new class of wifes who weren't raised royal. I can't imagine going from being a private person to an open book overnight. I know there are thing I did in my younger life that I am not proud of and surely wouldn't want everyone in the world to know about and then have to re-live all the time in the press. IMO
Old 11-28-2006, 02:04 AM
Courtier

I think this generation of crown princesses all married for love. It's very obvious that all these cp couples are madly in love. Gone are the days when royal parents set up marriages or an heir marrying someone who would make a great queen. I look at Haakon-MM, Felipe-Letizia, Fred-Mary, Philippe-Mathilde, and WA-Maxima, and all I see is love.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:33 AM
Royal Highness

If any of the present crown princesses had wanted to marry for money, status, security etc. I'm not sure that a crown prince would have been the first choice. Some of them are wealthy, but so are a lot of non-royal males which might then just as well have been the 'target'. I would personally think that the requirements surrounding a royal life - not least almost giving up on your private life - would be a high price to pay, almost unbearable, if they didn't love their spouses.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:23 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpressRouge
I think the one person that probably truly married for the title was Diana, Princess of Wales. Not that she planned and calculated the whole thing, but given their age differences and their clash of personalities, it seems that Diana definitely fell in love with the idea of Charles and being a princess than the Charles himself.
I agree with you. Diana was in love with the title Prince of Wales not the man Charles Mountbatten Windsor.
However, I disagree with you that it was not calculated. The Spencer family had been scheming for centuries to have one of their number as Princess of Wales. Diana was to be the fulfillment of their dreams after Lady Sarah "blotted her copy book" with her loose lipped comments about the relationship.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Quote:

Excatly!!!!

They both still look very much in love with each other like they did ten years ago when they got married, and what a beautiful family they have !
I agree with you.
And I also don't forget MC will lose her title if she ever divorces.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:53 AM
Heir Apparent

The question is very black and white. And also many of the answers are b/w
Some make it sound as if a princess-to-be would think all day
"Uhm, this prince is interested in me, I will try to make him marrying me, so that I get title, money and fame"

Or as if it would be for some always like this:
"I love him so much. Actually I want my own career and hate the idea of being a princess. But I simply loooooveee him...and so I will marry him, so that we can have children of looooo ve together"

But thatīs IMO not the way ppl are thinking. In a longer relationship you are changing your mind often. You canīt always find words for your emotions. You are acting controversial, your feelings are not every hour of the day the same and you have problems to differ between that, what you are telling yourself and that, what you are really feeling. During the relationship you automatically get a touch of the partnerīs life. And this means, that you canīt draw the line anymore. The "dolce vita" crown princes are leading has formed their personality and attitude. And if you fall in love with one, then mostly also with the "dolce vita". Of course hormones and all (you know the theory with the smell etc.) might be involved, but this would not be enough to make an as big decision as changing your life completely. At least Iīm believing that.
Just as I believe, that no current princess is evil minded enough, not to tell at least herself, she is in love and she just wants the very best for her Royal hubby. Human beings need the illusion of being good ppl. And how would you prove them "wrong". If a crown princess (Queen) would tell herself all her life, that she just married for love and if her husband would believe it too. And if both would die with this belief...how could an outsider say, it wasnīt love? Maybe she was just in love with the jewels and attention and with the gentlemanly "man of the world" attitude of her hubby...but maybe this was enough for her to say, she is in love...even though she maybe wouldnīt have been in love with a "twin", who would have been brick layer. Who knows and what does it matter? And most of all, how could we judge their feelings. There is no test on the market, which can show love and true feelings. And even if there would be one, there would be also one needed, that involves the socio-cultural background, all the experiences, one has made...so a complete psychoanalysis...and if one would go and would do a complete psychoanalysis with a crown princess, she maybe would change her mind and would note, she married out of the wrong reasons...so what do I want to say...reasons for marriage are a so complex topic, that one canīt answer it with 1 or 2 keywords. Itīs a big philosophical question with no unalterable result, as one would get it in mathematics. But of course one can make it oneself easy and can just believe the vibes and feelings one gets, when seeing a picture or video. This is "fun" of course, but one should keep in mind, that one can never know for real...as we canīt see in other pplīs minds and even if we could, we maybe couldnīt "read" it right.

Tags
kate middleton, kate middleton wedding, prince philip, prince william, queen elizabeth