The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #101  
Old 01-12-2006, 11:44 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
If she was just calculating, she would not have been so upset and miserable about Charles cheeting her. A calculating woman does not care about being cheated, she stays married and keeps the title and honour
As has been pointed out before, Diana "fell in love" with the idea of Charles and becoming a princess, which is an emotional process and something she probably didn't analyze too closely or thoughtfully. This is something different than cold-blooded calculation where you are very much aware of WHAT you want WHY and What you are going to do to get it.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 01-12-2006, 06:48 PM
HRHAmy's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 967
I think Mary would have still married Frederik if he wasn't a prince because when she first met him at that bar she didn't even know who he was! She liked him from the start because of his personality not that he was a prince. I think it was fun for Mette-Marit in the begining being in the spotlight with Haakon kinda going "hey look who I'M dating" but then once the press started digging up her past and things started getting serious and they were going to get married I think Mette Marit knew it would be somewhat difficult from then on. I think for any woman that is dating a prince, knowing that he is a royal would sweeten the deal, I mean what girl hasn't dreamed of being a princess? But I believe Mary, Mette-Marit, Maxima, Sophie, Letizia, Mathilde and Rania all married for love, you can just see it in them.
__________________

__________________
HRHAmy
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 01-14-2006, 11:59 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
arent we all calculating in a marriage? Everybody hopes to gain something from it, now don't we? love, safety, offspring, etc.
I think you are wrong there. Most people marry because they love their husband/wife and want to spend the rest of their life with him/her. Most do not, for one moment think 'what can I get out of it'. I know I didn't!
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 11-20-2006, 09:06 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: n, France
Posts: 602
In my humble opinion: Mathilde, Masako, Maxima and Claire got married for love.
Mary, Marie Chantal, Tessy, Diana, Mabel, got married for the status.(That doesn't mean they didn't have feelings towards their respective husbands.)
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 11-20-2006, 09:45 AM
Nad25's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 367
With marie-chantal and Pavlos i think it was true love even after years of marriage you can still see they adore each other
__________________
''The feeling remains that God is on the journey, too." - Saint Teresa of Avila.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 11-20-2006, 10:02 AM
Australian's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 2,150
I don't understand how any of us can see or determine whether someone is in love or if they married for reasons other than love. I think to to make a substanciated opinion, one must know the couple well, have conversations with the two of them etc. How are people basing their conclusions on? What criteria?

I'm not pointing the finger at anyone, just posing the question as I think it is an important one to discuss.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 11-20-2006, 10:34 AM
adelaide's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: paris, France
Posts: 2,101
I'm totally unable to speculate about the love of the people that I don't or on whom I'have very few information or interest, it's the reason why I shall give my opinion about only Mathilde and Philippe of Belgium because they have a so sweet behaviour that we can call that a deep love ( not passion in a romantic signification)

As I'm very interested by Spain and the Princes of Asturias, if you pretend that Letizia married Felipe for the title you have to admit that she is very masochist because as a divorced woman and as a journalit she knew the difficulties that she has lived and may be she has to bear yet.
May be the aim to wear a day the title of Queen of Spain would be so attractive for her that she had forgot all this foreseeable and offensive attacks.

More as a journalist the knew all the gossips/rumors and so on about Felipe of Spain.

Do you think really that a woman can accept to see her life totally "striped" whithout the strong help of the love and the love of her husband because the question is also " why this so handsome man" didn't find a woman beautiful, brillant in his own ( and narrow) circle?

May be the love.... Because the Prince himself knew the difficulties that his wedding could to do to his wife. Can you imagine that people, prince or not, could to create a family on a such basis, can you imagine that a woman, divorced yet, knowing that her children have to stay with the Prince in case of rupture could to marry his without love?
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 11-20-2006, 10:48 AM
Penny Lane's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 29 Palms, United States
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilla
As has been pointed out before, Diana "fell in love" with the idea of Charles and becoming a princess, which is an emotional process and something she probably didn't analyze too closely or thoughtfully. This is something different than cold-blooded calculation where you are very much aware of WHAT you want WHY and What you are going to do to get it.
I think Masako married despite the royal aspect her life would be so much easier if she had not married a prince same for Mett-Merit,Mathilde,Sophie and Letiza.

The ones I'm certain would not have married if not for the royal factor are Diana and Fergie-Diana fell in love with the prince not the man-many young women would it's not saying they are cold just immature.Diana and Charles didn't spend alot of time together before the engagement and I'm sue given the age gap and their differences they would have difted apart because they were so incompatible.Sarah was not cut out for the life of a royal or an naval wife and he seems to laid-back and low-key for her,I think they would have had a fling then drifted apart.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 11-20-2006, 01:03 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybelline
In my humble opinion: Mathilde, Masako, Maxima and Claire got married for love.
Mary, Marie Chantal, Tessy, Diana, Mabel, got married for the status.(That doesn't mean they didn't have feelings towards their respective husbands.)
I'd like to add Mette-Marit to the "married for love" list.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 11-20-2006, 01:10 PM
Penny Lane's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 29 Palms, United States
Posts: 330
I remember one of the specials on the royals they were saying the royal family wanted Diana with Andrew not Charles-things would have been so different especially since Diana was said to admire Andrew and what a good man and father he was.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 11-20-2006, 01:37 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 31
A British friend once quoted a phrase:"One can marry for love,but it is easier to fall in love and marry where money and position live." I really doubt that most of these marriages would have taken place if the man in question had been anything but a prince. In Belgium,it has been stated that the aristocracy marries among each other.The same holds true elsewhere. While I think that CP Mary has transformed herself,I doubt she would have married the CP if he wasn't the CP. As for Marie Chantal,she was brought up only to look at a certain segment of the population,and was lucky to find love there. As for Letizia,she gave up a lot for the man,as did Maxima.Perhaps the greatest sacrifice was Pss Masako,of herself. She is the only one who appears to have been prevented from making a role for herself. The others,who married for whatever reasons have not been personally stifled,and have remained individuals within their own concepts of their adopted roles.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 11-20-2006, 01:48 PM
Henri M.'s Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Eindhoven / Maastricht, Netherlands
Posts: 1,896
Would these ladies have married when their spouses were not Princes?

Máxima no
Mary no
Mathilde yes
Letizia no
Masako no
Camilla yes
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 11-20-2006, 01:58 PM
Her_Majesty's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 8,587
True Love-marriages:

1. Mette-Marit and Haakon
Mette had to change her life completely. Just look at this cute couple: After 5 years of marriage they still look so happy together.

2. Sonja and Harald
They definitely married for love. They waited for 9 years until their secret love has been made public.

3. Camilly and Charles
Their love seems to be really strong.

4. Claus and Beatrix
Claus would have married her even if she wasn'r Royal.. I even think he would have prefered if she wasn't Royal...

and many many more
__________________
Have a look at TRF Rules and FAQ



Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 11-20-2006, 02:11 PM
Tinika's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denver, United States
Posts: 276
Married for love: Mette-Marit

Married for status: Mary, Maxima, Marie-Chantal, Rania, Mabel, Grace, Queen Noor

Not sure: Letizia, Mathilde, Claire, Anita, Aimee
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 11-20-2006, 02:20 PM
Penny Lane's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 29 Palms, United States
Posts: 330
The one you have to feel the bad for is Masako she I think she is one who married inspite of the royal aspect and has suffered not because of her husband but because of others who have placed unrealistic expectaions aon her they pressure would be deblitating for anyone and it seem to be the case for her.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 11-20-2006, 02:30 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 1,332
Well in my oppinion:
Married for Love: Mette-Marit, Maxima, Sonja, Silvia, Mary, Sofia

Not that SURE : Letizia, Mathilde
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 11-20-2006, 02:57 PM
Avalon's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,906
I am pretty sure (as much as anyone can be, that is, when talking about a people I have never met in my life ) about:

1. Camilla
2. Mette-Marit
3. Sonja
4. Masako
5. Letizia
6. Maxima

I am sure all other Royal ladies have deepest affection for their Princes.
__________________
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 11-20-2006, 03:03 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinika
Married for love: Mette-Marit

Married for status: Mary, Maxima, Marie-Chantal, Rania, Mabel, Grace, Queen Noor

Not sure: Letizia, Mathilde, Claire, Anita, Aimee
A couple of disagreements:

I don't know the others well, but Grace didn't marry Rainier for the "princess" status. She married because she was probably in love with Rainier but also I think to do something to try to impress her father.

I think Letizia married for status and Anita married for love (remember, Anita's husband gave up his place in line for the throne).
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 11-20-2006, 03:25 PM
Tinika's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denver, United States
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991
A couple of disagreements:

I don't know the others well, but Grace didn't marry Rainier for the "princess" status. She married because she was probably in love with Rainier but also I think to do something to try to impress her father.

I think Letizia married for status and Anita married for love (remember, Anita's husband gave up his place in line for the throne).
But she didn't even KNOW Rainier. I know it had something to do with impressing her father, because the only thing that would top what her siblings had done was to become a princess--the whole 'movie star' thing cut no ice with the Kellys, even after she won the Oscar. There's been much written on the subject of how she didn't come to know Rainier until after the marriage, and that some things about him came as an unpleasant surprise. If she was in love with him, it was probably more the infatuated sort of love rather than a deep relationship built over time (not that I know for sure, of course). Just my impressions from what I've seen and read.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 11-20-2006, 03:28 PM
H.M. Margrethe's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Odense, Denmark
Posts: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by mims111
Well in my oppinion:
Married for Love: Mette-Marit, Maxima, Sonja, Silvia, Mary, Sofia

Not that SURE : Letizia, Mathilde
I second the list but i woud like to eddit the list a bit.

Married for Love Mary, Mette-Marit, Maxima, Sonja, Silvia, Masako, Mathilde, Sofia and Annemarie.

Married for titel and prestige Letizia, Camilla, Marie-Chantal and Mabel.
__________________

__________________
Long live the royal family in Denmark

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
kate middleton, kate middleton wedding, prince philip, prince william, queen elizabeth


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What If They Hadn't Married Their Prince? HRHAmy Royal Chit Chat 31 02-09-2015 10:12 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit best outfit june 2016 catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece harald kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander may 2016 member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess stéphanie's fashion & style queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion royal visits september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark state visit to france succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:46 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises