The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-04-2006, 12:41 AM
Courtier

Yes for Mathilde, Mette-Marit, Masako and maybe Maxima and Claire.
No for Mary, Letizia, Marie-Chantal, and Clothilde Courau.

Old 01-04-2006, 03:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Mary, Marie-Chantal, Claire, Mabel married for the title
Mathilde, Mette-Marit,Letizia, Máxima, Sophie married out of love

Old 01-04-2006, 03:48 AM

I'm surprised by those who think Mary wouldn't have married Frederik if he weren't a prince. They look incredibly in love to me--and him at the wedding? Good heavens, who doesn't want his/her groom to be so overcome with (good, loving) emotion at that moment? I'd say they're lucky to have found each other and prevail against whatever obstacles were in their way. Am I missing something?
Old 01-04-2006, 03:56 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexisrjt
I'm surprised by those who think Mary wouldn't have married Frederik if he weren't a prince. They look incredibly in love to me--and him at the wedding? Good heavens, who doesn't want his/her groom to be so overcome with (good, loving) emotion at that moment? I'd say they're lucky to have found each other and prevail against whatever obstacles were in their way. Am I missing something?
I completely agree with you. Frederik and Mary look incredibly in love to me, too.

Old 01-04-2006, 04:01 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
There are obviously love in their couple, but I bet Mary liked a lot the new status she gained when she married Frederik.
For Claire of Belgium, I think she would have married Laurent if he wasn't a prince. She seems to be not a big fan of all the royal tra-la-la.
Old 01-04-2006, 04:13 AM
Gentry

I wonder why Mary has to bear the brunt just because she took a few classes. In the initial phases of a relationship I guess there is always a desire to put the best foot forward. For a normal average girl like Mary to meet Frederick and realise his position the desire to present a very prim and proper front would be very natural. It does not necessary mean that the aim was to trap Fred. Also Fred and Mary did not jump in and get married, they took their time. And I believe that it was love and friendship which both felt for each other which prompted them to get married. Somehow 3-4 yrs in a courtship really exposes the real person behind the facade whether you want it or not. And even if Mary had not found any unendearing qualities about the lazy, unintelligent Fred, Fred and his family would have realized if her feelings were mutual towards him or not. So all in all this couple looks to be a case of love.

Anyway for me Diana would never have married Charles if he wasn't a prince.
Old 01-04-2006, 04:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
Who wouldn't have married Felipe? even if he wasn't a prince, he's awesome, I think the same about Mathilde and Mette-Marit but not about Mary or Claire
If he was not a royal Felipe would have married Isabel Sartorius and we would not discuss now. Felipe had two serious relationships broken because they were considered te be against his royal condition, so.. the replya is there.
Old 01-04-2006, 04:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I agree that they are very in love, but they managed to keep warm their love, because Frederic was a royal.
They managed to afford to travel often to see eachother (how many normal people can travel many times per year Denmark-Australia????).
Mary abandoned her job, her friends, her home, to go somewhere unknown for her, where she even not spoke the language, it was an enormeous challenge for a normal girl. She did it because she was "backed" thanks to Frederik's position. If he was a brick layer living in Denmark he could'nt be able to back her, find a job for her, or make her live without a job, etc etc.
So the relation would have die, so simple.
Old 01-04-2006, 04:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
Mary, Marie-Chantal, Claire, Mabel married for the title
Mathilde, Mette-Marit,Letizia, Máxima, Sophie married out of love
Marie Chantal, I would think you are right
Mette-Marit, Does she look very inlove to you????? not to me. She obviousely does not like the royal obligations, but she DOES like the comfort given be her position, like expensive Croco Prada bags :p priced in thousand euros each. Do not forget that in the first years of their marriage they have been very criticized because of her very expensive way of living, when paparazzis cought her every day shopping from the most expensive fashion houses, when she was supposed to "study" in London.
At this time, Norwegian people were extremely angry and the couple came back from London to Norway. Now MM is behavioring much much better, but I'm still not convinced of her "lack" of financial interest.

Mathilde : Absolute love:)
Old 01-04-2006, 05:24 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie
So you think she would have kept up the trans atlantic relationship if he was a brick layer?
Yes...a bricklayer with a Black American Express Card.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
Mette-Marit, Does she look very inlove to you????? not to me. She obviousely does not like the royal obligations, but she DOES like the comfort given be her position, like expensive Croco Prada bags :p priced in thousand euros each. Do not forget that in the first years of their marriage they have been very criticized because of her very expensive way of living, when paparazzis cought her every day shopping from the most expensive fashion houses, when she was supposed to "study" in London.
At this time, Norwegian people were extremely angry and the couple came back from London to Norway. Now MM is behavioring much much better, but I'm still not convinced of her "lack" of financial interest.
From all what one knows about Mette-Marit, it seems clear that stepping into the limelight (so to speak) was not exactly natural, nor what she wanted out of life. In addition, think of the problems she faced due to her past. Would you go and marry someone who'd make you a public figure if people kept digging up all sorts of information about you, berated you and criticised you every step on the way? And if it meant you had to do something totally different from what you'd originally planned to do in your life? You'd be a complete fool or masochistic to marry someone you didn't love, just to be able to afford Prada bags.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilla
From all what one knows about Mette-Marit, it seems clear that stepping into the limelight (so to speak) was not exactly natural, nor what she wanted out of life. In addition, think of the problems she faced due to her past. Would you go and marry someone who'd make you a public figure if people kept digging up all sorts of information about you, berated you and criticised you every step on the way? And if it meant you had to do something totally different from what you'd originally planned to do in your life? You'd be a complete fool or masochistic to marry someone you didn't love, just to be able to afford Prada bags.
My dear, thousand of people in this world marry, or stay married with someone who they do not love at all, especially and only because they love toooo much Prada bags.....:o
As regards MM, her problem to face limeligts are human and understandable, but on the other hand,she should have shown a more moderated "ability" to step into luxury world, ...this kind of contradiction can irritate people.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
My dear, thousand of people in this world marry, or stay married with someone who they do not love at all, especially and only because they love toooo much Prada bags.....:o
As regards MM, her problem to face limeligts are human and understandable, but on the other hand,she should have shown a more moderated "ability" to step into luxury world, ...this kind of contradiction can irritate people.
Yes, but Mette-Marit has not shown any undue cravings for Prada bags or been known as a social climber for most of her life. She was never a real fashionista either (and still isn't, in my opinion). So suddenly deciding to marry somebody who'd effectively make her life a lot more difficult in many respects (except the financial one) sounds very out of character.
I agree with much of the criticism, she's made her share of mistakes, but I think you definitely can't say she married for convenience, given the fact that it has cost her much of her personal comfort.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:17 AM
Jaques Demolay

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie
Quite right, I had no right to be offensive, could be a bank clerk, Laywer, computer technician and so forth
auntie

You were not offensive in any way. :) I was trying to be a bit funny, and it didn't come off.:o

Cheers Jaques D.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:06 AM
Courtier

Marie-Chantal,Mabel and Letizia married their prince for the title.

Mary,Mathilde,Mette-Marit,Máxima, Claire and Sophie married their prince out of love.

Clothilde Courau ? I don´t know. When she got married to her prince was she not preagnet then ???

Old 01-04-2006, 09:17 AM
Courtier

That's aninteresting point of view. Why do you think Letizia married for the title?
Old 01-04-2006, 09:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilla
That's aninteresting point of view. Why do you think Letizia married for the title?

She looks to me that she love´s the glamour in being a CrownPrincess and i just can´t se or finde the love in their looks or their bodylanguage.
It looks to me that she love the power and the money of being a CP.

Old 01-04-2006, 10:02 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

The spanish royals arent really wealthy (or powerfull, as is none of the european RF). I really donbt think Letizia enjoys the glamour that much. She seems most radiant in pictures I see when she is on leisure with her husband. On official occassions she seems a bit in awe, afraid of doing things wrong (my personal impression).

As for the other women, I think most/all of them would have married their husband, if they had a carreer which was on a comparable level of that of their own. In fact I think some (Mette-Marit, married their husbands IN SPITE of their royal title.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.M. Margrethe
She looks to me that she love´s the glamour in being a CrownPrincess and i just can´t se or finde the love in their looks or their bodylanguage.
As far as I know the Spanish RF are a bit more reserved in public than the more liberal RFs, so maybe she doesn't want to be the one to break with tradition by being not to demonstrative in her love of her husband?
Old 01-04-2006, 10:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.M. Margrethe
It looks to me that she love the power and the money of being a CP.
I have often also the same feeling, but do not forget that Letizia is a coldheaded person, she does not show very much feelings. I think sge shares a good relation with Felipe, but talking for deep love !!! I'm not so sure.
Noone of them gives the impression that they share a passion like Philip & Mathilde, or Frederik & Mary.
And I do believe that she enjoys her official appearances, tiaras etc, and comparing her pics from now with photos of her first appearances, she seems now feeling strong moments of glory !!!!!!!