The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-27-2010, 11:20 PM
Aristocracy

Mary, Mette-Marit and Daniel married into titles but there isn't that much of a bank account to boast about. If money was their primary motivator they could have done much better elsewhere. Charlene may have fallen in love with Albert the person buy initially I doubt whether she would have given Albert a second look if he was not a Prince!

Old 07-28-2010, 02:36 AM
Aristocracy

For my opiniion, I think MM, Mathilde and Letizia would marry to his husband though they are not prince or lose their royal titles. I'm not very certain that Mary, Maxima and Charlene would do so if Fred, WA and Albert aren't princes and one day suddenly lose their royal titles. Certainly, Daniel would marry to Victoria no matter she isn't a princess.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:33 PM
Nobility

Why don't you think Mary, Maxima and Charlene wouldn't marry their husbands if they weren't princes???

If money was the object, I think they could have found richer men in their own countries instead of moving across the world, giving up your privacy etc.

It seems tom me that it is the CPs that are lucky here. I don't think that either of these women would marry for ANYthing but love. They can take care of themselves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water View Post
For my opiniion, I think MM, Mathilde and Letizia would marry to his husband though they are not prince or lose their royal titles. I'm not very certain that Mary, Maxima and Charlene would do so if Fred, WA and Albert aren't princes and one day suddenly lose their royal titles. Certainly, Daniel would marry to Victoria no matter she isn't a princess.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by olebabs View Post

It seems tom me that it is the CPs that are lucky here. I don't think that either of these women would marry for ANYthing but love. They can take care of themselves
You are correct. These women are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves. Sure they may not be able to purchase the designer they can now but before their princes came along they had thriving careers that paid well.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:46 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Mary, Mathilde, Charlene, Letizia, MM, Camilla and can we count Daniel? are definete yes' for me.
Marie-Chantal is a NoNo, even if she did marry a non-reigning Crown Prince.

Kate i'm unsure about.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:01 PM
Aristocracy

We've talked about if or if not the Crown Princesses would have married thier husbands, but what about the men who are/were in their same position, like the late Prince Claus, Prince Henrik, Prince Philip, and now Prince Daniel?
Old 07-30-2010, 07:39 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2rhyme View Post
We've talked about if or if not the Crown Princesses would have married thier husbands, but what about the men who are/were in their same position, like the late Prince Claus, Prince Henrik, Prince Philip, and now Prince Daniel?
Prince Henrik is from noble blood (House of Laborde de Monpezat), and yes, if the-then Crown Princess of Denmark was not of royal blood, I think he still would have pursued her. You just have to look at him when he with her...it's so sweet Prince Daniel is a definite yes - he adores her.

Prince Phillip is the one I doubt - he came from the-then defunct Greek Royal Family and was reported to be rather unwealthy. I don't he was in love with the-then Princess Elizabeth when he married her, I think he has fallen in love with her during the course of their marriage. Her Majesty, on the other hand, is completely besotted by him. Even at her age, you can still tell she gets all giddy around him. If she was a commoner, or a lesser royal, I don't think he would have bothered.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:26 PM
Courtier

I have to respectfully disagree with you, CrownPrincessJava, as Elizabeth was extremely attractive as a young lady. Btw, I've always wondered how two such attractive individuals, Elizabeth & Philip, created Prince Charles; Prince Andrew I can see, as he was drop dead gorgeous as a young man, and still attractive today, but Charles, not so much. Anyhow, just musing.

Back on topic, Elizabeth's pleasing countenance, combined with her undoubtedly ladylike manners, would have made her the creme of the ball regardless if she was royal or not, imho. Easy to see why Philip fell for her, and IIRC they corresponded for 8 yrs. before they were married in 1947.

Lol, in fact their love story has always been a favorite of mine, meeting so young when Elizbath was just 13 yrs. old & Philip 18. Love at first sight for Elizabeth (I do agree with you, CrownPrincessJava, that even to this day she seems so besotted with him, like "I can't believe he's mine", lol).

That said, Philip (imho), could have had his pick of any one, that's how gorgeous he was as a young man (leastways to me, lol). Royal on both sides of his family, educated, fluent in 3 languages, outstanding naval career, and a stickler for duty. He's a fav of mine, in case you haven't guessed, it is because of him that the royal family has lasted this long, imho.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:03 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
He's a fav of mine, in case you haven't guessed, it is because of him that the royal family has lasted this long, imho.
Nooo, really????

I saw pictures of them when first married, when she became Queen and now, and it appears to me he fell in love with her over a period of time. He got to know the woman once they were married, and I will never forget seeing footage of her coronation...he was in awe of her.

Queen Elizabeth still reminds me of a 16-year-old girl when she's around him and I just giggle. It's so sweet to see. He eyes light up whenever he is around her.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:13 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
If money was the object, I think they could have found richer men in their own countries instead of moving across the world, giving up your privacy etc.

Its not about money but attention. Marrying into royalty doensnt only guarantee a lifelong luxury life but also a lifelong attention, being famous with the impression of being important.

I especially see Mary and Maxima enjoying this part of the deal what makes me think that especially these two wouldnt have married their husbands without the package. Letizia is into attention too but since she isnt given a similar platform to implement a profile of her own and the Spanish court cut back her personality she looks rather uncomfortable in her role - big misjudgement from that respect. Although I think that Letizia married Felipe partly for the guaranteed professional carreer opportunity he offered I doubt she would marry Felipe again, knowing what would happen to her life.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Why don't you think Mary, Maxima and Charlene wouldn't marry their husbands if they weren't princes???

How many of us have the oppurntunity to meet and attract a millionar in our own circles, so when a royal is attracted to us we should all grab the oppurtunity no? The chance of having never ending respect and attention is a pull heh?
Old 08-01-2010, 10:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Letizia is into attention too but since she isnt given a similar platform to implement a profile of her own and the Spanish court cut back her personality she looks rather uncomfortable in her role - big misjudgement from that respect. Although I think that Letizia married Felipe partly for the guaranteed professional carreer opportunity he offered I doubt she would marry Felipe again, knowing what would happen to her life.
You couldn't of put it a better way! You can tell if she could go back in time, she may have either reconsidered the whole marriage, or waited a lot longer. Princess Letizia looks like a beaten woman - they have sucked the life out of a very intelligent woman. She looks depressed.