The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-22-2007, 07:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndaW View Post
I think Mary is trying way too hard to be perfect in everything thats its taking a toll on her....wish she would loosen up and relax
Thanks all for the interesting answers and opinions. LyndaW, In a way I was thinking the same thing, Mary tries too hard, the other married in royal who tried too hard was very different to her, it was Anne Boyelen, I know that's about where the similarities end, but it was reported that she suffered physically from the tension of being perfect!

Old 10-23-2007, 01:24 AM
Commoner

MARIE CHANTAL
Marie Chantal is a Virgo, birthdate 17-09-1968.
She knew exactly what she was doing when she married Prince Pavlos.

Action: Line: 7, 8, 9
Fidgety, full of energy and always on the go, Marie Chantal is quite hyperactive.
Her physical and nervous energy is high and needs to be released through physical exercise.
She needs to keep either physically or mentally busy.
She feels better spending time outdoors and eating natural foods, avoiding colourings and artificial preservatives.
She takes action whaere others plan and dream.

Old 11-18-2007, 11:27 AM
Royal Highness

A clipI saw on utube recently gave me food to think about reg CP Mary and her royal status. In a clip promoting awareness of obesity in children she said "My Son, Prince Christian" It tickled me for days untill I realized what bothered me about it. When speaking about their children no other (even Born royals)would say "my son/daughter prince/ss so and so". Diana said William (or even Wills etc.) I can't imagine Mette Marit, Maxima, Mathilde etc. saying "my daughter Princess ingrid A, Amalia,Elisabeth etc. The only benefit of the doubt I can say is that it was a prewritten script that she had to conform to, but I still think she should have said "My son, Christian" It seemed as if the emphasis was on the Prince rather than the Christian.
Please comment!
Old 11-19-2007, 01:04 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
A clipI saw on utube recently gave me food to think about reg CP Mary and her royal status. In a clip promoting awareness of obesity in children she said "My Son, Prince Christian" It tickled me for days untill I realized what bothered me about it. When speaking about their children no other (even Born royals)would say "my son/daughter prince/ss so and so". Diana said William (or even Wills etc.) I can't imagine Mette Marit, Maxima, Mathilde etc. saying "my daughter Princess ingrid A, Amalia,Elisabeth etc. The only benefit of the doubt I can say is that it was a prewritten script that she had to conform to, but I still think she should have said "My son, Christian" It seemed as if the emphasis was on the Prince rather than the Christian.
Please comment!
It is her way of reminding people that her son IS a prince and she IS a crownprincess. I, for one don't believe in the love between the two, Fred seems smitten but she is far from it. Heck, if she had met Jochaim instead of Fred, there would have been no marriage. Not that there is anything wrong with it, but it does seem that she married a Crown Prince she can somewhat tolerate (and Fred is pretty laid-back and does not seem to have a strong personality).

As far as the others go, Maxima and Mette-Marit had to put up with a lot of crap to be with their Prince(s); I doubt either is conivving enough to have gone through that to be a Crown Princess.

Marie-Chantal married for the title, but since Pavlos also married for the money we can hardly pass judgement on them.

All of the above is just supposition on our part, the only one that we can be 100% percent sure was a love match is Naurihito-Masako. She traded in her well educated, career diplomat, independent lifestyle for what seems like an extrmely difficult life. No way she would have done this only for the status.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:44 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
....but I still think she should have said "My son, Christian" It seemed as if the emphasis was on the Prince rather than the Christian.
Please comment!
Perhaps she had taken a leaf out of her MIL's book? Not an uncommon thing to do for a person in Mary's position, I would say. QMII has always referred to her sons as 'prince xxx'.
There is no doubt that Mary loves Christian; there hasn't been much photos of the couple with Isabella but I see no reason to assume that they do not love her just as much.
And Frederik and Mary definitely love each other. No sane woman would marry a CP IMO without loving him - otherwise the price would be too high.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHofNothing View Post
It is her way of reminding people that her son IS a prince and she IS a crownprincess.
Go check the royal journals; I have only heard queen Margrethe refer to her own sons the same way. Do you attribute the same underlying motive to QMII?
Quote:
I, for one don't believe in the love between the two, Fred seems smitten but she is far from it. Heck, if she had met Jochaim instead of Fred, there would have been no marriage.
LOL - a bit funny considering rumours here that it was 'the other way around'

Quote:
All of the above is just supposition on our part, '.
You said it
Old 11-19-2007, 02:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
Perhaps she had taken a leaf out of her MIL's book? Not an uncommon thing to do for a person in Mary's position, I would say. QMII has always referred to her sons as 'prince xxx'.
There is no doubt that Mary loves Christian; there hasn't been much photos of the couple with Isabella but I see no reason to assume that they do not love her just as much.
And Frederik and Mary definitely love each other. No sane woman would marry a CP IMO without loving him - otherwise the price would be too high.
I agree. Maybe Mary said that for protocol purposes. I doubt she felt she needed to remind anyone that she's CPss and Christian is a Prince.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 11-19-2007, 02:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
Go check the royal journals; I have only heard queen Margrethe refer to her own sons the same way. Do you attribute the same underlying motive to QMII?

Obviously not! Margrethe is a Queen in her own right and does not need to remind people of it!

LOL - a bit funny considering rumours here that it was 'the other way around'

You said it
I also said "in my opnion"- we are allowed to have those and express them on this board.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:15 AM
Gentry

Actually both Frederick and Mary have referred to each other as the Crown Prince and Crown Princess in interviews and speeches too.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:30 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricorninin View Post
Actually both Frederick and Mary have referred to each other as the Crown Prince and Crown Princess in interviews and speeches too.
Precisely - the way QMII has always done as well.
But sometimes sound arguments just don't work on some people.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:52 PM
Courtier

I'm having trouble following here. If any of these men were not princes I doubt that any of them would have the same personalities that they have today. They would simply be different people. If say there current spouse mets them then they might really be made for each other.
There is also a possiblity that they might have really made a success of their lives - bricklayers? From what I know of Prince Frederick I think he would have made a success of any career he choose regardless of his lack of rank. In fact some of them would probably have been better off.

Okay so lets say they the princes retain the same personality and have lived petty ordinary lives.
Yes: Mette - Merit, Sophie, Claire, Matilda, Maxima
No: Camilla, Diana, Mary, Grace, Sarah, Letizia

Quick quote: The Countess of Wessex (then Sophie Rhys-Jones) told her friend at work "If only Ed's parents were a retired naval officer and a nurse, than my life would really be a fairy tale."
Old 11-22-2007, 02:59 PM
Royal Highness

Of course this is pureply speculation on my part but here goes. MAry was from Australia and Frederik from Denmark. And I have to wonder if she would have made such an effort to keep up contact and visit somewhere so far away just for a regular guy. If he had just been a tourist would they have parted ways after the Olympics etc as it would be a lot of hassle?

I also think Marie-Chantal married for title but that again is just an impression I get and could be totally not true.

I get the impression that Mathilde, Maxima and Mette-Marit would have married if he was not a prince. They just seem so in love and besotted with their husbands. Plus Mette-Marit had a lot to lose if she was not serious about the relationship as she had Marius to think about too.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
I'm having trouble following here. If any of these men were not princes I doubt that any of them would have the same personalities that they have today. They would simply be different people. If say there current spouse mets them then they might really be made for each other.
There is also a possiblity that they might have really made a success of their lives - bricklayers? From what I know of Prince Frederick I think he would have made a success of any career he choose regardless of his lack of rank. In fact some of them would probably have been better off.

Okay so lets say they the princes retain the same personality and have lived petty ordinary lives.

No: Camilla
I actually think that Camilla & Charles are a love match. I think if they had married when they first, then it would have been great. I think he thought she would wait around forever for him to get it together, but she didn't & in the end he realized he had made a mistake.

Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

Old 11-22-2007, 09:31 PM
Serene Highness

I feel that Camilla would be with Charles regardless of his status but she probably married him because he was a prince. There has been speculation that she would have been perfectly content to be his mistress but because of his position (and modern opinion) she married him. Charles was pretty upset when she wasn't allowed to sit with him at society weddings, etc. Then again, she probably DIDN'T marry him back in the 70s because he was a prince.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpressRouge View Post
I feel that Camilla would be with Charles regardless of his status but she probably married him because he was a prince. There has been speculation that she would have been perfectly content to be his mistress but because of his position (and modern opinion) she married him. Charles was pretty upset when she wasn't allowed to sit with him at society weddings, etc. Then again, she probably DIDN'T marry him back in the 70s because he was a prince.
From everything I have heard and read QE and the DOE had a lot to do with them not being married. She had a "past", and this was not allowed back then for the POW. She had to be "pure" to have a royal heir. I do believe they are a true soul match for both of them to have stayed together this long. The POW is a totally different man since he is married to her now. He actually looks happy and content. I am just so sorry Diana married him for love, and he married her for a heir. JMHO only.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:16 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricorninin View Post
Yes, but they were not talking about their precious lil' baby! Why the perfectionism, and trying to be more royal than the royal born?
Old 12-21-2007, 07:00 AM
Royal Highness

Does anyone have an opinion about Marie, Joachim's new fiancee? would she have given him a second look had he not been royal?
Old 12-21-2007, 04:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Does anyone have an opinion about Marie, Joachim's new fiancee? would she have given him a second look had he not been royal?

When Marie burst onto the scene, at first I didn't know what to make of her. Clearly, she was (and perhaps still is) very naive. To this day Marie still confuses the heck out of me. Either she's playing "dumb" or is very calculating when dealing with the press. Unlike other royal girlfriends, she was a chatterbox about her life as well as her relationship with Prince Joachim.

While he was away on a trip, Marie spoke to the press announcing that she was in love with him. However, he didn't know it yet. She made many, in my eyes, blunders with the Danish press.

Now that she is engaged to Joachim, it's too early to tell how she will contribute as well as behave as the latest member of the DRF. Only time will tell, but I have a feeling she will never be boring.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I may be wrong, but from what I understand Marie comes from quite a well to do family, so I don't think money was as much of a draw for her as it may have been for other wives/girlfriends.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:04 PM
Heir Apparent

No, you are correct, Little Star. Marie does come from a well to do family, so the idea that she was after Joachim's money isn't valid.

Also, from what I understand she was doing quite well for herself and didn't have to depend on Daddy's Money for certain things.