The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-22-2012, 02:11 AM
Courtier

My favourites are:

- The Queen: need I say more? In my opinion the woman is a symbol of the modern era and how one can represent the best of the old while being fully in tune with the new. If I don't get to shake that famous gloved hand before one of us dies I'll be bitterly disappointed.
- The Cambridges: a tie for 2nd place, but as a young person If find these two to be amazing people doing a tough job.
- Princess Alexandra: An unsung hero of the Royal Family.
- The Earl and Countess of Wessex: same as above. Should certainly get more credit for what they do.
- Duchess of Gloucester: I've just always liked her.
- Prince Charles: I have great respect for him despite a few things he's said and done I disagree with
- Prince Philip: I love his wit and his dedication to the Queen.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:30 PM

Absolutely the Queen.

By the way, it's a pleasure to have stumbled onto this forum. I love the Royals and the history behind them. So....hi to you all!!

Old 07-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Courtier

The Queen
Cambridges
Prince Phillip
Princess Ann
Wessexes

LaRae
Old 07-04-2012, 03:49 PM
Administrator

Please note that posts regarding members of the British Royal Family that are not liked have been deleted as off topic.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Serene Highness

HM Queen Elizabeth II and HRH the duke of edinburgh
TRHs the duke and duchess of Cambridge
HRH prince Harry of wales
TRHs princesses Beatrice and Eugenie of York

:: Brit flags ::
Old 07-05-2012, 06:47 PM

I would have to say Prince Phillip, as he never seems to mind saying something upsetting, and he gets the British media scandalized - and one can never do wrong when upsetting journalists.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:52 AM

HM Queen Elizabeth ll. For her long and dedicated reign, her wit and humour, her ability to bear burdens with fortitude and last but definitely not least her dignity.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizangela View Post
HM Queen Elizabeth ll. For her long and dedicated reign, her wit and humour, her ability to bear burdens with fortitude and last but definitely not least her dignity.
Very well said!
Agree 100%
Are you a fan of Princess Diana?
Old 01-29-2013, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Very well said!
Agree 100%
Are you a fan of Princess Diana?
Well I wouldn't say a fan really, it wouldn't sum her up for me. I think the young Diana had unresolved issues. She would probably have been fine if she had married a man well out of the public eye, a family man. She was in a position she was ill equipped to deal with, and at times it brought out the worst in her. As a woman, a human being, she was beautiful inside and out. As a princess, she was unable to cope. It tore her apart, and she appeared to have very little support. As her brother Earl Spencer said, she was a very complex person. Not very well understood, and with no idea how to woo her straying husband back. Tears and tantrums were never going to succeed, but she was young and in love and reacted like most of us would have done. She ended up having a very sad life really, but leaving her mark on the most vulnerable and unfortunate in the world, giving them hope for the future.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Harry for me. He's genuine and doesn't mind being himself, even if it gets him in trouble.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Prince Harry for me. He's genuine and doesn't mind being himself, even if it gets him in trouble.
I like him as well, for the same reasons.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizangela View Post
Well I wouldn't say a fan really, it wouldn't sum her up for me. I think the young Diana had unresolved issues. She would probably have been fine if she had married a man well out of the public eye, a family man. She was in a position she was ill equipped to deal with, and at times it brought out the worst in her. As a woman, a human being, she was beautiful inside and out. As a princess, she was unable to cope. It tore her apart, and she appeared to have very little support. As her brother Earl Spencer said, she was a very complex person. Not very well understood, and with no idea how to woo her straying husband back. Tears and tantrums were never going to succeed, but she was young and in love and reacted like most of us would have done. She ended up having a very sad life really, but leaving her mark on the most vulnerable and unfortunate in the world, giving them hope for the future.
That is who I admired- the human being.
And the hope she gave to the less fortunate- that is why I admired her.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:23 PM
Aristocracy

I've now got some more to add to my previous list which had just Princess Diana and Prince Harry. They are;

Princess Eugenie - she seems to be a genuinely nice and warm person. Goes about doing her stuff without making headlines( not that she carries out royal duties). She seems to have finally come out of her mothers and sisters shadow and is doing a great job

Countess of Wessex - she is everything the queen could ask for in a daughter in law discreet, loyal and hardworking

Autumn Philips- no particular reason just like how very normal she is

Lady Sarah Chatto - hardworking and she seems to be a great mother

Sir Angus Ogilvy - a perfect partner for Princess Alexandra. He seemed so supportive

Princess Alexandra - very hardworking and a stalwart of the BRF

Strangely enough I admire Sarah, duchess of York - she's made mistakes and continues to make them. She may have married a prince for all that came with it but she's worked hard to amass the fortune she has after all her BAD decisions. Also she's always been there for her daughters and maintained a lovely relationship with her ex husband. She is undoubtedly full of flaws but she's very normal and has worked really hard. She is by no means the perfect royal but a perfect parent
Old 01-29-2013, 01:59 PM
Serene Highness

The Gloucesters, Richard and Birgitta.
The Wessexes, Edward and Sophie

Examples of how successful it can be to bring "new blood" into TRF. May the trend continue.

Among those gone before: The Gloucesters, Henry and Alice.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:34 AM
Nobility

Princess Anne hands down, because I have so much in common with her. I think the biggest one I think is that I also grew up surrounded by boys. I only have 2 brothers, who are both younger; and on my dad's side, five cousins who are all male and all older than me; the oldest one was 15 when I was born, and the youngest was 3. I was the ONLY female grandchild my dad's parents had, and they spoiled me rotten. My grandpa always said I was his favourite granddaughter (LOL!)
Old 03-01-2013, 12:47 AM
Serene Highness

I note that a lot of folks on this thread like Prince Charles. I do to. He has made excellent achievements. He is old enough to retire, but he hasn't even begun his main job, which is being King. He managed to marry his true love in spite of what people might think, and to make it a successful marriage without rancor for anyone else. He is a student of history. As I said above, the Gloucesters and Wessexes are my favorites, as dignified, handsome and charming family groups, but I have to say Good Show to Charles, too, who fought his way through a hard life.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

I love Sophie, Camilla, Charles and Autumn
Old 03-02-2013, 03:36 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

My favorites are:

Elizabeth II: HM seems to be such a hard working monarch, and I also think that she enjoys what she does. She seems to be very loyal to her country and people, and to me, she also has a warm relationship with all her children and grandchildren, which is lovely.

The Duchess of Cambridge: She seems to get on well with most of the BRF, particularly the Wessex family. I love the photos of Catherine and the children at Trooping of the Colour in 2011. Another reason why I like Catherine is that whenever she visits schools/hospitals/the public, she always seems to enjoy seeing them, and they always seem to enjoy seeing her.

Prince Harry: I think that Harry is a natural people person, and I've noticed that he seems to be happy when he's around children, which is lovely to see- I also think that he'll make a great uncle.

The Countess of Wessex: We don't really see a lot of Sophie, which is a shame. She seems to interact well with everyone, especially children- and I like that.

Regarding the royal children, my favorites are Lady Louise Windsor, because she seems to be such a sweet little girl; and The Hon. Margarita Armstrong-Jones, because whenever I see photos of her, she is always smiley and happy- I don't think I've ever seen her not smile! I wish we could see more of the Linley children.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 03-02-2013, 06:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
I note that a lot of folks on this thread like Prince Charles. I do to. He has made excellent achievements. He is old enough to retire, but he hasn't even begun his main job, which is being King. He managed to marry his true love in spite of what people might think, and to make it a successful marriage without rancor for anyone else. He is a student of history. As I said above, the Gloucesters and Wessexes are my favorites, as dignified, handsome and charming family groups, but I have to say Good Show to Charles, too, who fought his way through a hard life.
I think there are few that would regard Charles as having a hard life.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:21 AM
Serene Highness

Scooter, Charles had privileges. But he also had to battle some major difficulties. There is a reason, perhaps, why he has an organic farm and eats the produce from it, and works for a more natural environment. The whole family erred in pushing him to marry Diana, and he gave in, but he would not do it now that he's learned a few things. To even occupy his position, with the negatives that came with that debacle, takes courage. Or possibly you might say it's "gall" rather than courage, but just think how he must feel when people bring up what happened to Diana. The family has a history of expecting its males to sow their wild oats and then marry for duty; they have, I hope, learned their lessons on that, and Charles, inadvertently, helped them do it. If you look at some of the escapades of other royal heirs in the family, going back to the early 20th century, you can see that Charles didn't have a good example to follow among his male ancestors.