The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Who is the nicest royal Mother-in-Law?
Queen Paola of Belgium 6 1.90%
Empress Michiko of Japan 3 0.95%
Queen Margrethe of Denmark 57 18.04%
Queen Noor of Jordan 6 1.90%
Queen Elizabeth of the United Kingdom 20 6.33%
Princess Marie of Liechtenstein 2 0.63%
Queen Sabika of Bahrain 0 0%
Queen Sofa of Spain 88 27.85%
Queen Sonja of Norway 27 8.54%
Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg 21 6.65%
Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands 74 23.42%
Queen Anne-Marie of Greece 5 1.58%
Queen Anne of Romania 1 0.32%
Queen Saleha of Brunei 3 0.95%
Other (please specify) 3 0.95%
Voters: 316. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2007, 06:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla64
I notice that Queen Elizabeth II did good relationship with Countness of wessex Sophie... Are they?? I know QEII did not good relationship with the late of princess of wales and Ex duchess of York Sarah Fergerson...

I think Sofia did great with daugther in law.. I think that all I can think...
The Queen and the Princess of Wales' relationship wasn't bad they were on speaking terms before the Princess died.

Old 05-22-2007, 06:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Firstly I think, that there is no one, who really has a bad relationship with her daughter-in-law these days. Even not the british queen. Margrethe and Paola seem a little more distant to their daughters-in-law, but that just because they prefer to do their own things.

Since there are only a couple of choices, I think, its a little silly to choose 3 I mean one needs a favourite...and that is clearly Queen Beatrix. She really seems to be on one level with her daughters-in-law.

The very appreciated Sofia, I wouldnt choose on the very top, because she is so crazy for children. I wonder, if there wouldnt be a Leonor and a Sofia jr., how things would be with Leti. And well...who wouldnt have been supportive in this very special situation around the death of Letis sister. That she had to deal additionally with the press in this dark moment was, because she married her son.
Nonetheless I think, they are having quite a good relationship these days.

Queen Sonja Id also see as a little more independent, but on very good terms with her daughter-in-law, who is sometimes so similar looking to her.

And Maria Teresa...I think based on her own problems with her mother-in-law and with her big motherheart, she is quite liberal and trying her very best...and so Tessy doesnt have a hard time with her. Im just wondering, if she isnt sometimes a bit too much of a mother hen. Well, I guess, we would get to see that with Guillaumes wife one day. Louis and Tessy have some distance and MT+Tessy hardly ever have to work together...

Im really looking forward to Silvias role as mother-in-law. Her role will be special, because the in-law, she (probably) will mainly working with, is a guy...a guy, who couldnt be more different to her.
If Carl Philip would marry Emma, I guess she would be more than delighted. At this point, one cant say, if they are sharing characters, but at least she is very much looking like her. And didnt Carl Philip once say "Mamma is the most beautiful woman in the world"?

Old 05-22-2007, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
I have added a poll to this thread. I limited the choices that are to listed in the poll to Queens & Consorts. If you feel that another is the nicest and they are not listed then please choose other.
Don't forget to explain why you picked who you did.

Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

Old 05-22-2007, 08:42 PM
Courtier

QUEEN SOFIA!

With Letizia! http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/1246/soflet4jg6.jpg

With Iaki! http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/700/sofiakigo3.png

With Jaime! ... who can put it?
Old 05-22-2007, 09:33 PM
Gentry

For me it is a toss up between QBeatrix, QSophia, and GDMaria Teresa. They all seem like they have great relationships with their son/daughters in law. They have great personalities which would make them a great mother in law to have.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:41 PM
Commoner

i believe that queen margarethe is the nicest royal mother in law. The compassion she showed to crown princess Mary and Princess Alexandra post divorce was really wonderful.......
Old 05-23-2007, 03:51 AM
Heir Apparent

I think Queen Beatrix,she seems to have such a wonderful relationship with her daughters-in-law.

Although Sofia's a popular choice she strikes me as being quite a demanding mother-in-law, particularly so far as her son is concerned. Her and Felipe areincredibly close and I copuld see how that might be quite difficult for Letizia.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:27 AM
Heir Apparent

i think queen beatrix and grand duchess maria teresa are the nicest with their in-laws.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-23-2007, 05:32 AM
Aristocracy

This is a very difficult poll, because we can't know how they are when they are not in front of the camera's! I voted Queen Sofia, because I remember she gave a sharp to her daughter in law Letizia in public. They seem to have a very good relationship.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
i think queen beatrix and grand duchess maria teresa are the nicest with their in-laws.
I think the same as you do,but i picked Queen Beatrix when i had to answer in the poll

Old 05-23-2007, 05:50 AM
Aristocracy

I vote for Queen Anne-Marie of Greece .
Old 05-23-2007, 07:44 AM
Commoner

Queen Sofia, Queen Sonja, Queen Beatrix
Old 05-23-2007, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

I voted for Q.Beatrix but id also include Queen Sofia and Queen Sonja, they all seem to have a great relationship with their daughter in laws and you could clearly see it when theyre together.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Although Sofia's a popular choice she strikes me as being quite a demanding mother-in-law, particularly so far as her son is concerned. Her and Felipe areincredibly close and I copuld see how that might be quite difficult for Letizia.
Thats true about sofia, though she does seem to have a close connection with Letizia. Its sometimes difficult when your married to the only son, yes it would be difficult on the wife.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:41 AM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Thanks for adding the poll. I had stated my choice of Queen Sofia before it was added.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:45 AM
Courtier

I wish my mother-in-law was royal, I would nominate her.
She is wonderful.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:52 AM
Aristocracy

without doubt, Queen Bea is the best mother in law. I think she's very warm in person. And i believe that she is a very sincere lady. But i also think Queen Sofia is a good mother in law.

Just a lil correction, Pengiran Anak Saleha is her title before she become queen. Now her title is Raja Isteri or simply Queen Saleha of Brunei.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:31 AM
Royal Highness

Queen Beatrix does seem wonderful person all around.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:38 AM
Aristocracy

Thumbs up for Queen Sofia. She is very close with all her in-laws.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:15 AM
Royal Highness

The Princely Family of Liechtenstein are my favorite royals bar none but I have only seen pictures of Princess Marie interact with Princess Sophie. They always seem to be laughing and joking about something which is great to see. I just don't see her being the same way with Princess Angela. The two of them sat next to one another last National Day and there seemed to be no interaction whatsoever. I thought, how strange. But...JMO.