The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Who's the most beautiful royal woman?
Letizia of Spain 59 12.24%
Rania of Jordan 85 17.63%
Caroline of Hannover 16 3.32%
Charlotte Casiraghi 42 8.71%
Diana of England 37 7.68%
Grace of Monaco 83 17.22%
Märtha-Louise of Norway 11 2.28%
Mary of Denmark 64 13.28%
Maxima of The Netherlands 35 7.26%
Other 50 10.37%
Voters: 482. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 12:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Hmmm, the whole thing is tough for me. I would have no problem to name the classic beauties like e.g. Rania or Caroline. But geometric beauty doesn´t seem to be the only thing, that fascinates me.
I think this has something to do with my studies or my general view on life and things (which might have been a reason to choose my study ). When one is dealing with anatomy and physiology then one is hardly interested in the beauty of the single components of a human body. The only thing that counts is, that they work...so one doesn´t make differences between e.g. a big nose and a small nose.
But of course anatomy alone doesn´t make a human being. Some would call it "spirit" or some "life in a person", which adds a lot...and this makes for me the difference. So what does it help, when one has the perfect face out of perfect symmetric bones, muscles, flawless skin, but when the face looks like a mask?
When I take for example my favourite Royal (though often criticised of me in fashion things ) crown princess Victoria. Measured with geometric ideals her facial features are far away from being perfect. Her chin is too long, the nose too short, the upper lip too thin...but she tough fascinates me more than the best paid fashion models (I don´t want to generalise...some models are fascinating). Her eyes are more expressive and her smile is cuter and more lively. And when I say fascinate, then I mean the "look" and not the character...even though one probably has to make a connection to her character.
So to sum it, I would go more for the lively and more expressive one and I would say, this can vary a lot, because (also) Royals go through different phases.
Examples would be Letizia, who looked IMO in autumn and winter extremely stressed, but now the little life in her make her glowing (beaten term...but probably an uncomplicated pregnancy is the best to make one more expressive, just as Lena prefers it ) and Mette Marit, who also looked stressed and wooden in the beginning, but who has really improved. Also Victoria had IMO a time, in which one noted, that she had to deal with inner issues, and so she looked less expressive. Maybe that´s the key for my sensation of beauty: the more a Royal communicates with others (also through body language), the more expressive she seems and the more beautiful she is (for me).

Well, I note I´m blethering again, so I will add my current favourites and basta

CP Mathilde, CP Victoria, Infanta Christina and Märtha Louise.

Old 06-25-2005, 01:54 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

I would agree with you there Lena.
Wasn't it Elizabeth Hurley who was, according to a documentary a while back, said to have the most "perfect" face? that was based on the measurements they took of her face and everything. I remember watching that show on TLC.
But that really means nothing to me since I find the woman wooden and cold, she has no warmth in her expression and even when she speaks I sense no softness or depth in her voice.
Ofcourse that doesnt mean that beautiful people cant be warm. Thats one of the reasons I picked Queen Rania, she is absolutely stunning, yes, but she is very warm in expression and personality. Her eyes, for example, are so expressive.
Same thing with Princess Martha Louise. She radiates a glow that is hard to miss and I cant help feeling a sense of warmth everytime I see a picture of her .
And ofcourse thats also why I picked Princess Diana. I know its a cliche to say that she had a personal touch or that people could relate to her. But its so true. One would hardly think she was a royal, and a British royal at that.

Old 06-25-2005, 02:02 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
I would agree with you there Lena.
Wasn't it Elizabeth Hurley who was, according to a documentary a while back, said to have the most "perfect" face? that was based on the measurements they took of her face and everything.
I think with men, the classic example has been Denzel Washington. I saw that on tv once.
Old 06-25-2005, 04:19 AM
Aristocracy

1. CP Mary
2. Princess Grace
3. Charlotte Casiraghi
4. Martha Louise
5. CP Mathilde
Old 06-25-2005, 05:57 AM
Courtier

I believe beauty,apart from being a taste depends on 2 other things:1st-the beauty standards of the culture you've been raised up with and 2nd which is more important is the influence of propagnda.
as an example for the 1st matter every time I see people saying Farah or her daughters are beautifull I just wonder.she was never considered as pretty or beautifull among iranians,instead iranians even those who love her agree that she's coarse.
I myself love to live in china because during my stay there I heard chinese tellimg me that I'm beautifull a thousands times and honestly I dont get that attention in my country!!!!!or I can remember the first time I went to USA my cousin said"oh you just look like one of hollwood stars"and when I asked the name of the star I was quite disappointed,he told me I looked like Pen Cruz!simply the woman who's said to be a spanish beauty in west is considered ugly in east.
and about the 2nd matter when you see a woman on a cover of a magazine,or walking on a red carpet with a glamrous dress and expensive jewels and all photographers are just chasing her taking pix,it just comes to your mind the woman must be something special.or when you're told by the media that some1 is beautifull all the time after a time you see yourself admiring her too.this case happend to me about Rania.the first time I read she's pretty my eyebrows were raised,but now she's in everyone's list including mine.later I asked some of guys in my class if she was beautifull and they all described her as ordinary.you think why?she didnt have make up,she was wearing a scarf and had worn a simple coat and the more important was that we were not told that she's a queen.
I dont think it really matter what a woman looks like,her eauty depends on her confidence.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:29 AM
Aristocracy

1. Charlotte Casiraghi
2. Crown Princess Mary
3. Queen Rania
4. Princess Diana
Old 06-25-2005, 06:32 AM
Nobility

Princess Grace
Queen Rania
CP Mary of Denmark

Life is mostly froth and bubbles Two things stand like stone
Kindness in others' trouble Courage in your own
Old 06-25-2005, 09:05 AM
Gentry

I really like Victoria and Madeleine of Sweden - they are both quite natural and have an incredible attractive smile. But I also adore Mary of Denmark, she has got an amazing style and a very beautiful face.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:40 AM
Royal Highness

I think that this thread most certainly proves that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

When I think of a beautiful person, I think of someone who is what I call a natural beauty. May not be stunning and knock your socks off, but beautiful, graceful, elegant and classy all the same. For me, what is on the inside also factors in. Someone could be physically the most beautiful person in the world, but the nastiest, meanest, devious person in the world. After that, they might as well be the wicked witch, because to me, all their beauty has been lost. If someone is kind, generous, loving and caring, their inner beauty seeps outward.

So, after my ramble, my list.

CP Mathilde, PrincessGrace, Lady Helen Taylor, Queen Silvia, Infanta Cristina, Princess Madeleine.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:43 AM
Gentry

queen rania
princess caroline
queen paula of belgium (sorry about the spelling)
princess madeline
Old 06-25-2005, 01:52 PM
Aristocracy

In my opinion, the most physically beautiful are (or were):
Princess Grace, Princess Caroline, Princess Madeleine, Queen Rania.
Old 06-25-2005, 02:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

CP Letizia of Spain
Queen Rania
CP Mary of Denmark
Old 06-26-2005, 12:42 PM
Nobility

No words need. This photo say it all!!
Old 06-26-2005, 01:04 PM
Commoner

kokeno

I think wife of Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn (Thailand) is the most beautiful
her name is HRH Princess Srirasmi.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:44 PM
Courtier

I think the prettiest are (in no particular order): Charlotte of Monaco, Rania of Jordan, Grace of Monaco, Martha Louise of Norway, Benedikte of Denmark (back in the day), and MM of Norway.
Old 06-26-2005, 03:01 PM
Royal Highness

I htink PLallaSalma is also one of the prettiest.
Old 06-26-2005, 04:29 PM
Courtier

Past-Paola, Benedikte, Margaret (GB), Grace

Present-Martha Louise, Caroline, Madeleine, Cristina (Spain), Letizia,
Old 06-26-2005, 04:58 PM
Commoner

I like *smiles*!

I like *smiles* because they make a person look more beautiful, I would gather the reason is that people look better when they are happy!!

Oops, I have no favourite beautiful royals, I think they are all very pretty/elegant in their own way...
Old 06-26-2005, 05:08 PM
Nobility

Smile

I think Letizia and Mary.. Also Rania and Maxima...:)
Old 06-26-2005, 06:24 PM
Nobility

Umm I would Say without any particular order...
Princess Rahma Al-Hassan,Princess Iman bint Al-Hussien,Queen Alia,Queen Noor,Princess Haya, Al-Qathafi's Daughter even though she's not a Royal but she's very cute.
Princess Grace was beautiful too,I also Think Farah of Iran too (was and still is)