Who Will Reign Next

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my guesses:

charles
willem-alexander
felipe
haakon
frederik

I think Felipe and Philippe are probably closest.

Willem Alexander of the Netherlands
Margarita of Romania
Charles of wales
Maha of Thailand

Crown Prince of Thailand
Prince of Orange
Prince of Wales
Prince of Asturias
Crown Prince Haakon
Duke of Brabant
Crown Prince Frederik
Crown Princess Victoria

I think it will Willem Alexander of the Netherlands or Felipe of Spain

Guessing Prince Felipe, Haakon, Willem-Alexander, then Charles.

i dont know why, but i have a feeling that the heirs (crown princes) that are already old will wait even more and that a young crown prince will reign first, because i think that the ever-lasting monarchs such as HM Queen Elizabeth II, HM the King of Thailand, etc...will reign for lots of more years to come. while some Monarch in power but not as the same amount of time as the ones i mentioned will abdicate, deceased and a young crown prince will be King.
so i guess that William-Alexander will reign in the next 5 years, same for Prince Felipe and Phillippe.
Charles and the Crown Prince of Thailand will have to wait!

But we know that King of Thailand is already old and sickly.

My guess:
Vajiralongkorn
Sheikh Sabah VI' s of Kuwait heir
Charles
Naruhito
Haakon
Felipe
Philippe
Willem-Alexander
Al-Mukhtadee-Billah
Frederik
Crown Prince of Tonga
Victoria
Sultan Qaboos's heir
Salman bin Isa Al-Khalifa
Jassim bin Hamad al-Thani
Guillaume
Albert II's heir
Hussein
Hassan
David Lerotholi
Mswati III's heir
Jigme Khesar Namgyal Wangchuk's heir

Last edited:
But we know that King of Thailand is already old and sickly.

Remembers Prince Rainiers joke with his valet? Each morning he would ask if Rama had made it through the night and if he had moved up in the ranks to longest serving monarch. Rainier has been dead almost 7 years but Rama still reigns although in increasing bad health with more and more time spent in hospital.

Of the European royals, for me it has to be Felipe. Juan Carlos seems to look more and more frail every time I see him.

Out of European royalty it'll probably be Charles, or WA if Queen Beatrix abdicates.

Interesting - although creepy - discussion.

My guesses to Europe and Japan are:

1. HM King Felipe VI of Spain (2019).
2. HIM Emperor Naruhito of Japan (2024).
3. HM King Haakon VIII of Norway (2036).
4. HM King Charles III of the United Kingdom (2031).
5. HM King Frederik X of Denmark (2032).
6. HRH Grand Duke Guillaume V of Luxembourg (2035, because of abdication).
7. HSH Prince Alois III of Liechtenstein (2038).
8. HM Queen Elisabeth of Belgium (2042, because of abdication).
9. HM Queen Victoria of Sweden (2043).
10. HSH (or maybe HRH) Prince(ss) (The One Who Will Succed Prince Albert II) (2044).
11. HM Queen Catharina-Amalia of the Netherlands (2047, because of abdication).

^^^^
Do you really expect QEII to live to be 105?

^^^^
Do you really expect QEII to live to be 105?

The Queen Mother lived to be 101, almost 102. Her Majesty has access to best medicine in the world.

My great-grandmother died at 105 last year. And she was not a Queen, just a rich widow, living in Rio de Janeiro.

It's not impossible, have you ever heard about Jeanne Calment?

Jeanne Calment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am well aware that people can live to a great age. It happens in my family all the time. I had 2 great aunts who lived to 105 and 108.
I just rather doubt QEII will in fact do so. My guess is that after Philip goes to his reward she will go down hill rather quickly as happens frequently with long married couples.

I just rather doubt QEII will in fact do so. My guess is that after Philip goes to his reward she will go down hill rather quickly as happens frequently with long married couples.

Although that happens quite frequently, I always had the opposite impression about the Queen.

I do believe she will suffer a lot after the Duke of Edinburgh's death, but I think her strong sense of duty will keep her alive.

Even if she lived to be around that age, Charles will be regent or William because I highly doubt The Queen would be able to do much of anything yet alone be an active Monarch.

She's 87, I think it's time to truly enjoy the time we have her here and able because anything can change before you blink an eye.

Interesting - although creepy - discussion.

My guesses to Europe and Japan are:

1. HM King Felipe VI of Spain (2019).
2. HIM Emperor Naruhito of Japan (2024).
3. HM King Haakon VIII of Norway (2036).
4. HM King Charles III of the United Kingdom (2031).
5. HM King Frederik X of Denmark (2032).
6. HRH Grand Duke Guillaume V of Luxembourg (2035, because of abdication).
7. HSH Prince Alois III of Liechtenstein (2038).
8. HM Queen Elisabeth of Belgium (2042, because of abdication).
9. HM Queen Victoria of Sweden (2043).
10. HSH (or maybe HRH) Prince(ss) (The One Who Will Succed Prince Albert II) (2044).
11. HM Queen Catharina-Amalia of the Netherlands (2047, because of abdication).

Re Denmark, Sweden and Norway, this would mean Margrethe would live to be 92, Carl Gustav to 97 and Harald to 99. Sadly, I doubt it.

Re Denmark, Sweden and Norway, this would mean Margrethe would live to be 92, Carl Gustav to 97 and Harald to 99. Sadly, I doubt it.

Well, the late Queen Ingrid of Denmark lived to be 90, and Her Majesty was a heavy smolker, just like her daughter, so I believe Queen Margrethe II can live to be 92.

Longevity runs in the Swedish Royal Fmily, I have no doubt that King Carl XVI Gustaf will stay with us for long time.

King Harald V was a mistake, I was going to write 2026, not 2036.

These people have access to the best doctors, medicine and therapy money can buy, the best nutrition, the work they perform is not physically strenuous. And, this is equally important for the health of elderly people, they are surrounded by family, esp. Children. They keep you young. So, living well into the nineties is very likely barring accident.

These people have access to the best doctors, medicine and therapy money can buy, the best nutrition, the work they perform is not physically strenuous. And, this is equally important for the health of elderly people, they are surrounded by family, esp. Children. They keep you young. So, living well into the nineties is very likely barring accident.

I wouldn't necessarily say that. Standing on your feet for long periods of time is actually rather strenuous, particularly if you're a senior. They also come i to contact with huge numbers of people, often shaking hands, and when you're 80+ it doesn't matter how good your doctors are, something as little as the flu can be deadly. Which, by the way, children in particular are carriers for illnesses.

As for them having access to the best nutrition, while I wouldn't disagree with you on the idea that they have the money to buy the best food, but that doesn't mean that they're eating the best diet. They also have the money to buy the best alcohol, the best drugs, the best cigarettes. I'm not saying that any of the current monarchs (or their families) partake in any of those activities, just that having more money doesn't necessarily mean you have a healthier life.

^^^^^
They can also suffer from VIP treatment by doctors - doctors intimidated by their position and fear doing something wrong so fail to act promptly and the patient suffers as a result.

I see your point about money but it probably does not apply to this generation of monarchs.... I can't see Margrethe,for instance, swilling Jack Daniels and smoking a pack a day:lol: and limiting and passing on the more tiring but not really pressing duties to the younger royals is playing it smart. Really, I hope they use those resources, choose wise doctors, use common sense.

Well, then just bust my bubble, Lol. Don't tell me she is a lush also....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom